experience in buying matress fitted sheets

We just use a standard fitted sheet and tuck the corner underneath.  I did cut the corner off the memory foam mattress topper but even then only tucked the extra bit of cover under.

Keith.

We bought two single fitted sheets for our Chausson single beds (narrow at feet end) from a company called Jonic who the wife found on line.  They are really well made and have improved things comfort wise for us massively as ordinary sheets just didn't fit and when tucked in come loose. They needed little information as they already knew the exact sizes needed. Not cheap but are top quality and highly recomended. 

Edited by GandJP

Hi Keith 

we're in need of a mattress topper but our Malibu PVC has a large cut out. 
I said to my wife we could cut out as you have done. Did you encounter any problems with cutting to shape the topper and the foam not deteriorating where you cut. 
also what make did you choose and did it make a big difference in comfort 

den 

Hi Den,

Our AT has a French bed with a rounded corner and we bought a Dunelm memory foam topper, something like 50 mm thick. I took the zipped cover off then drew a pencil line round underneath before turning it over and cutting it with a sharp kitchen knife. I've heard that an electric carving knife is also good to cut foam but the bread knife worked well enough on ours. Pretty easy really and it made a massive improvement to the comfort as the original mattress is in three pieces and you felt all the joins!

PS And it was over 15 years ago so has stood the test of time!

Keith.

Thanks Keith. 

I’ve mentioned it several times to my wife and she always said can’t do that. 
but I read out your reply and now we’re going to purchase one hopefully this week. 
ours is sort of U shaped with a chunk missing where the step is. 
we have an infill but it’s then more difficult to climb into bed. 
den