Running lights will not turn off.

Wilco

I have an Elddis Autoquest on a Peugeot Boxer base, @2010 vintage.

Every time I turn on the lights on, the sidelights or parking lights stay on no matter what I do.

Ignition key in or out, lights left on or off the result is the same. There is no 'park' function on the ignition and no obvious way to use the side lights as parking lights.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

I am not fully conversant with post 2006 models.  I understand that on the x250 model the sidelights are controlled by the body computer module.  Communication between the light stalk switch and the BCM uses resistive coding.  You may have  faulty stalk switch.

Alan

On my 2015 Peugeot (X290) the parking lamps are turned on by moving the ring on the lighting stalk to position O then to dipped or main beam headlamps but I do not know if the X250 series are the same.

I can't easily find an on-line Peugeot Boxer handbook relevant to a 2010 model, but the following images are taken from the handbook for a similar-age Fiat Ducato and I'm guessing that a 2010 Boxer will have a similar arrangement.

.........................................................................................

image.png.86aa32d6b4039da12e00b17a1d2ca447.png

.........................................................................................

ScreenShot2024-03-31at07_53_13.png.750c9785bee55bccef55b2f785cad37c.png

When the motorhome is to be driven and the ring-nut on the left-hand stalk is rotated forwards from its "O"position, the headlamps will turn on together with all the 'position-lights'. For a coachbuilt motorhome like an Elddis Autoquest, the position-lights will comprise two white lights on the motorhome's front, two red lights on the motorhome's rear, the number-plate lights, high-level marker lights and (depending on the model of Autoquest) low-level side marker lights. For safety reasons, it is not possible to drive the vehicle with just the position-lights illuminated, and - when the headlamps are on - all the position-lights will also be on.

As Labby  has advised, for the position-lights to be used as 'parking-lights', the ignition-key must first either be turned to the ignition-switch's STOP position or be removed from the ignition-switch. Then the ring-nut on the lighting stalk must be moved as described in the PARKING LIGHTS section of the Fig 65  drawing above. 

(I've now found an on-line handbook that should relate to Peugeot Boxer X250 vehicles. I've copied the PARKING LAMPS guidance below.)

image.png.67f8e3e856f6a1ab8765f5e80eaf5553.png