Water Pump leaking from the bottom: Fiamma SuperFlow SF126 PRO

Hi there, 

I have a  Fiamma SuperFlow SF126 PRO that is leaking from the bottom when the pump is turned on. Has anyone experienced this before? I've not been able to find any other similar issues like this and wondering if there's any chance of fixing it or if I just need to replace it outright. 

For replacement, I read that I should buy a similar water pump (also 6/l per min and 1.3bar) so that it is just a case of swapping the new one for the old - Any advise here or recommended brands/models would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a bit green with all this stuff and have just created this account - Really, really grateful for any responses, help etc. 

Have a great day all!

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

The Fiamma SuperFlow SF126 PRO pump (image below)

image.jpeg.0b8fdf569fe4ef43a7292febda630a7f.jpeg

has been out of production for (at least ) 17 years, so it's not too surprising that yours has begun to leak. There used to be a repair/upgrade kit for the SF126, but I'm doubtful that this is still available and, realistically, replacement with a new pump would be wiser.

If you wanted to stay with Fiamma, nowadays the nearest to the SF126 would be the "Aqua 8" pump shown in the ebay advert on this link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353068250860

You'll note that it has a 7 litres maximum flow-rate and a 1.5bar pressure, but those smallish increases over the SF126 should be OK (and photos suggest that the Aqua 8 MIGHT be a straight swap.) 

image.jpeg.b0c3ee5a9e5d16aa5acf9d9584100cd0.jpeg

My own choice (and a fair bit less expensive) would be the SHURflo Trail King 7 with a 7 litres flow-rate and 1.4bar pressure (example advert here)

https://www.purelyoutdoors.co.uk/products/shurflo-trail-king-7l-20psi-water-pump.html

This pump is widely fitted by motorhome converters and has a good reputation for reliability. It MIGHT be noisier than the Aqua 8 and (as the photo below shows)

image.jpeg.d72756e2239c08f973f220722c7b8d86.jpeg

its design differs from that of the Fiamma pump - so some work would be needed to install the SHURflo pump (eg. adding a SHURflo filter).

3 hours ago, doratheexplora said:

I have a  Fiamma SuperFlow SF126 PRO that is leaking from the bottom when the pump is turned on. Has anyone experienced this before? I've not been able to find any other similar issues like this and wondering if there's any chance of fixing it or if I just need to replace it outright. 

Has the leak only appeared after being stored for the winter? If yes then it is most likely frost damage from not being 100% drained down. I split a Shurflo pump many years ago by assuming that draining the pipes would drain the pump, but it obviously did not! I now disconnect the outlet from the pump and run it for 2 or 3 seconds to blow out any water remaining in the valve chambers.

Down to personal choice , Pick the one your happy with and may have the least re routing or adaption to fit If drained down properly and use the method as Keithl describes it should give you good service 

Regards