Benimar Motorhome Tap Spares

MacCat

Does anyone know the make of the kitchen taps fitted to Benimar Mileo 201 motorhomes or of a suitable replacement. The one fitted to my motorhome is leaking and as I cannot find the make and model I can't source spares.

• Keithl changed the title to Benimar Motorhome Tap Spares

The Benimar Mileo 201 model has been marketed since 2013 and - although MacCat's Benimar's age must be in the 2013-2017 'window' - it would be helpful to know when the motorhome was built.

These two photos show the kitchen taps fitted to a couple of Mileo 201 models built up until 2017 

image.png.f3702fcbcfb2566752c67956dc54a656.png

image.png.82798aa1c14e634e946a7f6e95abe648.png

These designs of kitchen tap are commonplace and produced by several manufacturers.

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/water/camper-van-conversion/caravan-tap

and they often carry no markings to identify the maker.

The logical thing to do would be to ask a Benimar dealership. Although such taps are, in principle, interchangeable, to avoid potentially having to modify how they connect to the motorhome's water pipework beneath the kitchen work-top, it would be wise to obtain an exact replacement.

(it might also be worth knowing where the leakage is coming from, just in case the tap's ceramic cartridge is the culprit. There's no point replacing the complete tap if all that's needed is a new cartridge.)

My Benimar is a 2016 Mileo 201. The top photo shows the type of tap I have. I have been trying to trace the source of the leak for a little while and now believe it is the 'O' ring for the swivel spout. Have yet to examine the cartridge as would prefer to be able to source spares before disturbing anything else.

Hi 

The O rings may be the only issue Sometimes just lubricating them and repositioning them cures the issue or replacing them with new ones of the same size . Available  O rings are available from most good hardware shops or indeed motor factors It may also be a hairline crack due to frost damage , if so maybe replacement may be the best option.  For spares https://www.crusaderproducts.co.uk/categories.html?filter_set[]=2172,2187   might be able to help

Regards

Edited by onecal

On 14/04/2024 at 10:20, MacCat said:

My Benimar is a 2016 Mileo 201. The top photo shows the type of tap I have. I have been trying to trace the source of the leak for a little while and now believe it is the 'O' ring for the swivel spout. Have yet to examine the cartridge as would prefer to be able to source spares before disturbing anything else.

This came up today on another forum and may be of use?

Jeremy

It would be worth MacCat checking whether Benimar fitted a 'domestic' mixer tap (which will be made of metal) or a 'caravan' tap that will often be made of plastic (like the expensive Reich "Kama" range) and - although a lot lighter - will be much less frost-resistant. Also whether the present tap is fitted with micro-switches and the wiring that goes with them.

If the tap is the 'domestic' type (that definitely won't have micro-switches) there's plenty of good-quality inexpensive taps to choose from (example here)

https://www.diy.com/departments/brigg-chrome-effect-kitchen-top-lever-tap/1583481_BQ.prd?storeId=1166

The tap is as shown below. It is a metal tap and no micro switch is involved. I will probably fit a new tap. Having looked at a few on offer they are sadly lacking in dimensions such as the diameter of the base.

Thanks all for the comments i will no doubt sort the problem one way or another.

20240414_102630.jpg