Battery reading too high?

Slightly puzzled by the readings I am getting on both my starter and leisure batteries. Van has hardly been used so far this year and rarely on EHU although I do have a 120W solar panel that gets some sun. Have been monitoring batteries and according to my Sargent EC328 the starter battery is at 12.9V and the leisure batteries are a very healthy 13.9V (they are 110AH AGM batteries). Have checked the starter battery with a meter and get the same reading. Haven't checked the leisure batteries as they are under the front seats with very difficult access to the terminals.

Are these readings normal (I'm sure over most of last year after a week or so of inactivity the readings were more like 12.6 for both batteries). The reason I am asking is that I am currently waiting to get the air bag ECU replaced and have read that too high a voltage from the batteries can 'blow' it.

They sound similar to the readings on mine with just the solar panel feeding them. My starter will go down to 12.5v as it doesn’t automatically get any of solar feed but I can switch the panel between starter or leisure when on EHU so am able to keep all topped up.

David

Interesting that a low starter battery can cause the ecu to fail. Over Christmas I left the van off EHU and the voltage dropped below 12, after about a week, I think I must have left something on as previously I’ve had the van off EHU for 3 or 4 weeks at a time with no problem. However after charging the battery I it used it a few times and didn’t have any issues. The airbag warning just appeared one morning when I went to start the van .