Thetford fridge showing code 10

Posted (edited)

Guys. I recently had my fridge fixed as it wasn’t running on gas and now it’s stopped working on 12v. Is there a quick way I can check what the problem is. Grateful for any advice.  

Edited by oscarcrowbar
Wrong spelling

• oscarcrowbar changed the title to Thetford fridge showing code 10
14 hours ago, oscarcrowbar said:

That didn’t really help mate if I’m honest but thanks for taking time out. 

If you provided the make, model and age of your motorhome (assuming that it is not a 'home-built' special) that might help, but the model-number of a Thetford fridge can be found on a plate/sticker on the inside of the door, or on the inside of the frame. Exactly where the number is will depend on the fridge model and, if the plate/sticker is not immediately visible, remove the salad drawer (assuming your fridge has one) and check behind it.

The point of the link I provided was to show that Error Code 10 that (as Labby advised) refers to a 230V problem on the Thetford N3000 range of fridges) can also refer to a 12V cooling problem on other Thetford fridges - and you said in your original enquiry that your fridge did not cool on 12V.

This 2022 MotorHomeFun forum discussion related to a Hymer motorhome with a Thetford N100 fridge that was displaying an Error Code 10 and not working on 12V

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/thetford-n100-fridge-not-working-on-12v-error-code-10.259384/

As you'll see, there's no simple answer and, although work was carried out recently to fix a gas problem with your fridge and this could be relevant to it now not working on 12V, that might just be coincidence. The cause might be a simple blown fuse, or the fridge's 12V heating element might have failed.