Exterior mildew cleaning product recommendations?

I had similar form on the bathroom silicone I put around  my leaking  windscreen.

Shifted it with strong thick bleach - just paint it on with a paintbrush and let the rain rinse it off.

May take a couple of applications unless you use the extra strong premium thick bleach, which typically contains about 5 times as much active ingredient.

It didn't damage anything on the bodywork, and being up on the windscreen it was out of the way.

You would have to be careful with it down there though - obviously you wouldn't want it on your pets, legs, clothes, etc

But the same goes for any chemical strong enough to shift that.

• Like 1

Hi 

I would be reluctant to use to use any strong thick bleach or alcohol based product as it may damage the silicone itself .

Diluted  It may be OK on your flexible trim Always try a small spot first , before proceeding 

Why not try mixture of diluted vinegar/water first , it may just do the trick after a few applications 

If it's very bad you can make a paste of vinegar and baking soda and apply Let it soak and scrub with a small brush

When cleaned and dry ,(if it's  silicone that's been cleaned ) Re seal with fresh sealant 

Regards 

Edited by onecal
  • Like 1

On my brother’s motorhome I used 50/50 solution of TFR from autoglym then carefully jet washed off followed by some elbow grease using autoglym T cut. Came up like new with no damage whatsoever. 
this worked on the silicone and the rubber strip. 
den 

• Like 1

HI ,

Yes all these work well and TFR works very well on rubber surfaces One needs to be careful though as damage to the silicone does not show up for some time  That's the reason I said in my last post that when cleaned and dry it's good to re seal to prevent future water ingress due maybe the potential damage to the silicone in the use of any acidic cleaner that may be used 

Regards

• Like 1

I watch a YouTube vlog called "salvage rebuilds UK" and they have just cleaned a VERY dirty jet ski & cover with a product called "Jennychem". The results were very impressive. cheers,