Ducato electric's

Cap44

Hi 07 Ducato 100hp. Lost power to the starter motor solenoid so being a long way from home I just ran a wire to energise it.

In hind sight perhaps this was not the correct thing to do without isolating the wire from the loom re backfeed.

Just came back from a walk and the headlights have come on without the motor being touched. I could turn them off only by being very gentle with the ignition switch. So I thought better start the engine to charge batterys after the lights being on for so long. Turned ignition on and have no fuel pump so no engine start.

Anyone know if these are connected. Im in North Wales and auto electric guys are very very few & far between.

Cheers

• Keithl changed the title to Ducato electric's
1 hour ago, Labby said:

If it is an X250 series Ducato... 

It probably is a Ducato X250 as early models had the 100 Multijet 2198cc Ford Puma motor (100 PS/74 kW/99 hp at 2,900 rpm).

Perhaps not immediately relevant to this issue, but it would still be useful to have identification details of Cap44's motorhome...

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/66959-identify-your-vehicle-please/#comment-719794

Hi the above faults traced to relays on top off the fuse box. Well the fuel pump runs if the relays are pushed down.

Does anyone know if I pull all the relays out & fuses out can the top off the board come up so I can clean the contact's inside without all the bits shooting out every where to be lost forever?

Cheers Cap44