Habitation door lock

We have a Swift 622 motorhome , 2011 model. The habitation door lock is faulty and needs replacing, but we are having great difficulty sourcing a replacement one. The garage which services our motorhome etc. say that they cannot find one, although they think it needs to be ordered from Germany.  They tried but with no luck. Please, does anyone have any idea where we might be able to get one, please?  I have to get into the motorhome via the front door and go through the gap between the front seats. We can lock the door from inside, but cannot open it from the outside using the key. I cannot believe these locks are unavailable.  Thank you.

This 2012 MHFacts discussion may be of interest

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/threads/swift-escape-habitiation-door-lock-design-flaw.103453/

It was guessed that the habitation door might be made by Hartal and on-line photos showing the habitation door of 2011 Swift Escape 622 motorhomes (example here)

image.png.e477df32ff2331e76953008e158a2904.png

suggest that the external door handle is the triangular type shown in this advert.

https://www.caravanstuff4u.co.uk/door-locks-and-accessories/344-hartal-left-hand-triangular-door-handle-lock-for-swift-caravan.html

14 hours ago, SallyP said:

We have a Swift 622 motorhome , 2011 model. The habitation door lock is faulty and needs replacing, but we are having great difficulty sourcing a replacement one. The garage which services our motorhome etc. say that they cannot find one, although they think it needs to be ordered from Germany.  They tried but with no luck. Please, does anyone have any idea where we might be able to get one, please?  I have to get into the motorhome via the front door and go through the gap between the front seats. We can lock the door from inside, but cannot open it from the outside using the key. I cannot believe these locks are unavailable.  Thank you.

Can you see a name on the lock or a few letters.

or a clear photo of the lock.

i thought Swift only used Two types of lock . But may be wrong I usually am..

EBay has the same locks I changed .

i also bought a release key at the same time.

you push the release key in and it releases the old barrel .

i think the ones above is called ZADI locks

there is another lock similar but can’t remember the name .

but under caravan / motorhome replacement locks on e bay I am sure your find them

or look on YouTube for how to remove the barrels and replace new ones.

image.jpg

On-line entries indicate that these triangular exterior door-handles are 'handed', so a 2011 Swift Escape 622 would need a 'left hand' version. It's also advised (rightly or wrongly!!) that motorhome and caravan versions differ, with the motorhome version being more complex.

There are no external identifying markings and it may be necessary to remove the handle to confirm the make and reference number. For example, the label on the handle in onecal's photo indicates that it's a FAP Firenze model, but it has a March 2023 date on it so might be unsuitable for a 2011 motorhome.

Quite a few adverts show unavailability, which might explain why Sally's garage has been unable to locate an exact match.

(FAP and ZADI are unrelated Italian manufacturers of leisure-vehicle components.)

22 hours ago, SallyP said:

Hi Again 

I think if SallyP replies and it is in fact like the one that's required both externally and internally as in my photos ,it will actually fit as a repair We await SallyP reply

Regards

16 hours ago, Sonar said:

All ZADI barrels fitted to our  fiat Ducato 2003 Swift sundance.

ZADI is an Italian company based in MODENA and FAP is an Italian company based in FIRENZE.

I believe your 2003 Sundance's habitation door does not have the triangular external handle being discussed above, but on-line adverts for the triangular handle (example on link below) suggest from the labelling that it is a FAP product.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185069782748

image.png.5dd4e7c58565f1fbf1bf015d8d18471a.png

These handles are commonly sold without the lock-barrel and - in the advert's case - a FAP FAWO barrel and keys would be appropriate. I don't know if a ZADI lock-barrel could be fitted instead, but, if it were necessary to remove/replace a FAP FAWO lock-barrel, a ZADI 'red key" would not work and the equivalent FAP 'tool' would not work for a ZADI lock-barrel.

The advert warns

There are numerous Hartal door locks that look similar - but have a slightly different operating mechanism at the back. We suggest you look carefully at the back and compare it with yours before ordering.

and it will be apparent that the data on the label of the handle in the advert and on the label on the handle in onecal's earlier photo differ, as does the mechanism.

These two videos relate to the triangular handle fitted to the Hartal door of a caravan and of a motorhome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGmw-HXpvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb69m2oBqeg

It's possible that SallyP's garage has removed the door handle, been able to read its identification label but cannot find a source for an exactly matching handle.