Major problems with Ford parts.

GandJP

I have an outstanding recall on my Ford Galaxy for front brake hoses and my dealer cannot get the parts to complete the recall. They told me earlier this morning that a main Ford parts distribution warehouse in Daventry has had to close due to an asbestos scare and this has thrown their whole parts supply chain into disruption with no sign of normality in the near future. At least I can still carry on using my car in the mean time!

23 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi

Yes this is an issue to a lot of owners of vehicles because of the current situation worldwide .Hopefully they will be able to soon correct this as some of vehicle manufactures  suppliers may come back on line or the vehicle manufactures contract another parts manufactures (maybe from another country)  to make parts for them .  That may be some time off yet 

We wait and see , not just a Ford issue alone, it has hit the industry as a whole  

Regards

Sadly for me waiting isn't an option but I will for sure tomorrow (Tuesday) as Ford themselves has said they will know by then if they can find the part for me but I can see me cancelling my trip as is it really worth the risk of having it fail in France? I am usually happy to risk most small things such as a puncture as I dont carry a spare wheel (no provision for one just a puncture repair kit) or injector failures which I have had but they are usually not a problem getting sorted but a complete engine failure is another matter. There is also the cost of around £9,000 for a new engine which would be very painful indeed. 

2 hours ago, Keithl said:

I have an outstanding recall on my Ford Galaxy for front brake hoses and my dealer cannot get the parts to complete the recall. They told me earlier this morning that a main Ford parts distribution warehouse in Daventry has had to close due to an asbestos scare and this has thrown their whole parts supply chain into disruption with no sign of normality in the near future. At least I can still carry on using my car in the mean time!

Yes Keith, I was told the same but my problem is they just dont have the part I need and not that its a problem accessing it. 

Hi

I am so sorry to hear that Hopefully they will get the parts you need  and you will not have to cancel your holiday 

Just a thought if you were able to get the part/parts would they fit it for you  Worth asking and getting confirmation on same . 

Fingers crossed 

Regards

Edited by onecal

Today the wife recieved a call from Swindon to tell us they now have everything to do the job so our van goes in the morning, someone at head office did some serious searching and managed to find the elusive part thank goodness, some good luck for a change! 

Hi.

That's great news , your one of the lucky ones , hopefully others will have as good as luck with some of the other manufactures that may be having difficulty sourcing certain parts at this present time of uncertainty throughout the world 

Enjoy your holiday

Regards

• Like 1