Elddis Majestic 105 2017 - water leak in large cupboard

ABingley

Thanks for replying.

I've finally found an image of the wardrobe area of a (2015) Elddis Majestic 105

image.jpeg.b51bbad300660376b74494ef21e2d58a.jpeg

and I believe the fresh-water tank is located behind the panel I've red-arrowed. 

From the comments above it sounds like it is not too difficult to access the area where the water-leakage is probably coming from. However, as you plan to have the problem addressed professionally rather than attempt a DIY repair, I have provided below a resumé of Philip M's advice that should be helpful for whoever will be doing the work.

The fresh-water tank sits on the floor of the motorhome and is situated in a narrow area about 12" to 14" wide between the gas locker to its right and the wall of the washroom on the left as you face the vehicle's rear. The water-pump is just in front of the tank.

If you're handy with a screwdriver it's quite easy to remove the little plastic plugs and the screws that hold the bottom shelf and the upright panel that runs from the shelf to the floor. This is the long shelf at the bottom of the three shelves round to the left in the wardrobe, You'll need to remove that shelf and slide the shelves out above it. Once the shelf and the upright panel below it are removed, it's fairly easy to access the tank, the pump and the water-filler connection and its hose(s).

I believe your 105's water-tank has a quite large 90-litres capacity.

Until you can get your motorhome professionally inspected , I suggest you follow DavyS's advice and

a) Make sure the end of the hose being used for filling goes well down the hose that connects the filling-point to the tank (even better if the end of filling-hose can actually reach into the tank itself)

b) Do not over-fill the tank - say no more than half full.

Hi,

Just be careful pushing a hose down some distance in the filler opening especially if the main pipe to tank is not tight (or indeed damaged ) on the filler aperature (if the leak is there) It may dislodge the filler pipe from the filler point Be gentle with it . Hopefully all will go OK 

Regards

That's the scenario ColinM50:warned about earlier in this thread.

The fresh-water tank of my 2005 Hobby motorhome was a large plastic cube located beneath the rear bed. The hose from the filling-point in the vehicle's side bodywork entered the upper side of the tank. The route of the hose from the filling-point to the tank's inlet was almost horizontal and the only way to get a reasonable water-flow was to ensure that the end of the hose being used for filling entered the tank itself.

I don't know what the filler-to-tank hose route is on a Majestic 105, but DavyS's advice suggests that CAREFULLY and GENTLY inserting a filling hose a reasonable distance should be practicable and - if the problem is at the filling-point end - avoid water leakage.

Hi

True it has caused many a mothomer  a headache while filling by pushing too hard on the filling hose trying to get it down as far as possible to prevent the water from spilling back out. In doing so many have damaged the internal pipework or knocked it off the filling connector causing an internal flood . Not the best of designs ,but thats the joys of motorhoming

Regards