Top Gear

Guest starspirit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest starspirit

I too am getting pretty fed up with Frank tearing into almost everything I say and choosing to interpret it as being aimed specifically at him because it simply is not true.

All of my life I have believed in free speech, live and let live, the importance of individuality and I have never carried a grudge and I have never been a vindictive person.

In support, melud, please bear in mind that I have NEVER had a row or argument with anyone else on this Forum - ever.

Guest starspirit
caraprof - 2007-10-08 12:12 PM

The truth is, as you even boast about in your bio, that you enjoy stirring things. Well stir it with me, you member of the great unwashed, and you'll get a response that befits!

Please don't misquote me again.

What my profile actually says is that 'I enjoy stirring up a good natured discussion'.

And I do wash - once a month - whether I need it or not.

Guest caraprof

Just so everyone knows what's going on here, this is the history. The first 'Top Gear' attack on caravanners was, to any fair-minded person, a travesty and provoked more outrage than any single issue ever done on that programme.

But to Starspirit, who for some reason thinks that he's better than the 'tuggers' that he seems to so despise, it was hilariously funny, or so he'd have us believe. Anyone who objected to the programme, me included was branded as 'pompous'.

There was a furious row at the time so why, why, did he decide to make the post above, once again having a go at those of us whom he brands as 'pompous', knowing full well the likely response?

He knew exactly what he was doing! Once again he'd, as he's bragged in the past, thrown out a sprat to catch a mackerel! Well quite frankly, I knew exactly what he was doing and I simply don't mind attacking him for it and I will continue to do so every time he decides to post something that is provocative and unnecessary.

As I said earlier, the programme hasn't even been broadcast but he just has to have a go about the 'pompous' people whom he claims will respond!

Make no mistake - Richard Swen is a slimy sh*t stirrer who enjoys causing trouble. This is why I absolutely loath the man. He' then posts his sickeningly 'friendly' responses to others, trying to come across as a jolly nice chap, but I for one can see right through him.

And since I've discovered that he can go away in his motorhome for several weeks and, to save a few bob in site fees, never have a shower I'm afraid that he's sunk even lower in my estimation! If that were possible!

Guest caraprof
howie - 2007-10-08 12:12 PM Heard it all before Frank, off the both of you , and its starting to wear a bit thin. How about dumping "pongo in his bongo" for a start. Tickled me no end but time to put it to rest.

For your information Howie, my post is in response to his location. He knows full well my attachment to sites and he is constantly bragging about how he never spends a penny on them.

So why does he have to constantly make the point in every post by words about camping as far away from a CC site as possible?

Perhaps as someone who is also on record as not liking 'tuggers' you've not even noticed this, and if you have, why are you not asking Starspirit to change his provocative location?

When his goes, I'll consider changing mine, and his was there a long time before mine!

Edited to say that he has now removed his provocative location address, so I'm happy to do likewise.

Guest caraprof
michele - 2007-10-08 2:12 PM If IF you two ever met in a pub I bet you would have a laugh ...Now come on lets leave it folks lets return to normal what ever that is and have a laugh all of us lifes to short for this. :D

No we wouldn't Michele as he is exactly the sort of person whom I detest. A selfish and mean tightwad who deliberately goes out of his way to provoke argument. When he started this 'Top Gear' thread with the words he used, he knew exactly what he was doing.

As far as I'm concerned he is beyond redemption and I can honestly say that no one has ever, ever made me hate them as much as I hate this man. He represents everything that I loath.

Apart from which he would never go into a pub as he's probably worked out that it's cheaper to buy beer in a supermarket and drink it at home.

Guest caraprof
starspirit - 2007-10-08 3:05 PM I really do not feel the need to reply to this unfortunate person any more

What would be even more desirable would be for you to put your brain in gear before submitting posts which you know are deliberately provocative.

You should know by now that I take no more cr*p from you, so why do you do it?

My theory is that you simply can't help it. Your sh*t stirring gene overrides every other common sense function that you may (or may not) have ever possessed.

You're the unfortunate one I'm afraid!

But surely the idea of a motorhome is that you can get away from campsites and facilities for as long as you want. The reason that vans have showers, water tanks and waste tanks, along with leisure batteries, solar panels and all that stuff is to make you self sufficient.

"Top Gear" has a go at everyone that isn't one of the presenters and isn't that the point? It's an entertainment programme people, watch it and be entertained!

Or you could read the threads on here and get the same, i.e. abuse and entertainment without the expense of buying a van!

Guest starspirit

Very eloquently put Stephen.

I would not put words in your mouth but maybe you would agree that it does not make the all singing bells and whistles site lovers wrong - just different?

Guest caraprof
Tomo3090 - 2007-10-08 3:29 PM But surely the idea of a motorhome is that you can get away from campsites and facilities for as long as you want. The reason that vans have showers, water tanks and waste tanks, along with leisure batteries, solar panels and all that stuff is to make you self sufficient. "Top Gear" has a go at everyone that isn't one of the presenters and isn't that the point? It's an entertainment programme people, watch it and be entertained! Or you could read the threads on here and get the same, i.e. abuse and entertainment without the expense of buying a van!

As I said, the Top Gear attack on caravanners wasn't just fun. I'm a Top Gear fan but that one was a deliberate distortion by someone who hates any form of caravanners and thousands of people were offended by it.

Starspirit is constantly banging on about how no one is right or wrong, we are just all different, he even makes the point to you, so how come that anyone who didn't see the programme in the same light as him was branded as pompous and without any sense of humour?

Are we only allowed to be different if our differences happen to be the same as his?

And as for your other point about whether we use campsites or not, he has the same attitude. Constantly denigrating the CC and bragging about how he never spends money on sites. And as you say, our motorhomes are self-contained with showers but he won't actually shower because that would use water, which may entail some expense!

For some time his location was listed as "As far away from a CC site as possible". Now why would anyone want to keep shoving their personal prejudices down our throats in this way?

I'll tell you why, because he cannot resist stirring trouble. His entire time on this forum has been one of slyly posting threads which he knows will create arguments.

Side with him of course and he'll go to the trouble of looking up your name so he can post a really creepy response like the one he's just made to you!

Two fingers in throat and retching sounds come to mind!

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-08 3:29 PM

But surely the idea of a motorhome is that you can get away from campsites and facilities for as long as you want. The reason that vans have showers, water tanks and waste tanks, along with leisure batteries, solar panels and all that stuff is to make you self sufficient.

I'm not sure that idea works for everyone Tomo.

I love having my own bed/shower/loo and treat my motorhome as a hotel room on wheels and must admit to liking my creature comforts.

That, for me, necessitates having electric hook-up, and, being a social animal, like having people around me so I use club sites.

Each to his own, I say (lol)

Guest caraprof
Victor Meldrew - 2007-10-08 4:31 PM I once posted in jest that I fear for Frank’s sanity; of course at the time I didn’t realise that he is a complete nutter, if I had, I would of course been more compassionate toward him.

Oh bugger off TC01, just because you got a bloody nose over your fake sympathy for the little pigs don't start taking it out on me.

And as for who's a nutter - pardon me while I roll on the floor with laughter!

caraprof - 2007-10-08 4:33 PM
Victor Meldrew - 2007-10-08 4:31 PM I once posted in jest that I fear for Frank’s sanity; of course at the time I didn’t realise that he is a complete nutter, if I had, I would of course been more compassionate toward him.

Oh bugger off TC01, just because you got a bloody nose over your fake sympathy for the little pigs don't start taking it out on me.

OK Frank, you just sit and relax.

Guest caraprof
Victor Meldrew - 2007-10-08 4:36 PM

I am, I haven't enjoyed myself so much for ages. You popping in makes it much more fun. You're such a nice easy target! Oink oink!

caraprof - 2007-10-08 4:39 PM
Victor Meldrew - 2007-10-08 4:36 PM

I am, I haven't enjoyed myself so much for ages. You popping in makes it much more fun. You're such a nice easy target! Oink oink!

OK Frank, you just sit and relax

I think everybody is getting a bit hot and bothered over nothing, anyone who knows Jeremy Clarkson will know that he regularly "attacks" certain social groups. He has expressed a hatred of caravans for years and years, His comments need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Think yourself lucky you are not a biker like me, last year he suggested stringing cheese wire across paths and roads that bikers used, the BBC received hundreds of complaints including one from me, about that statement and also his other suggestions with regards to eliminating bikers. The BBC made a very strong point that Clarkson is controversial, but that added to the appeal of the show, and they are right. Without Jeremy's rantings about bikes, caravans, 4x4s etc, the show would be boring.

It's a good job he doesn't log onto this forum, he'd have plenty of ammo for a complete series about how arguementative motorhomers are.

*-) *-)

Archived