Top Gear

Guest starspirit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we got the van in March we went onto "proper sites because we were unsure what we were doing. Since then we have gained experience and we now prefer small CS/CL sites, free/ wild camping or when abroad, aires.. However if we were going to somehwere and needed a larger structured site we would use it, (but winge about the cost!)

I don't make judgements on anyone based on the type of sites they use, or whether they like Top Gear come to that!

Just as a matter of interest, where does the jury stand on the waving issue? :-D

Guest caraprof
handyman - 2007-10-08 7:34 PM i would say the people who complain about any of the top gear stunts are pompus. If you did complain or just 'got on your high horse', then you should have a good look at yourself, see you have far too much time on your hands, and get a life.

Yea well, it doesn't really matter what you think you moron. We've all got the measure of your total stupidity by now.

Ps Donna, I hope that you're reading this. Because you had the temerity to complain to the BBC about a little thing like decapitating bikers, you're pompous with too much time on your hands! I wonder what it would take for our imbecilic handyman to decide that a TV programme may have just gone too far? Sacrificing children maybe?

Thank you Frank, We may not be the best of friends, but at least you are a tad more intellegent than a few of the contributors to this thread.

I must admit to liking Jeremy Clarkson, I find his sense of humour on a par to myself. However, I did find that particular statement to be over the top, and extremely dangerous. It would only take one moron to try the cheese wire trick and someone would be killed.

Handyman, if you havn't got anything worthwhile to say to or about me, then dont bother. I can assure you I have a very good life

Getting back to the thread, I think it is great that Clarkson is going to attack the Motorhome brigade, it might stop a few people from joining us.

Let me explain, we are becoming a victim of our own success, Camping to me has always been a spur of the moment thing, whether to move or stay etc. but you try and do that in the peak season. Impossible unless you want to be in the back of beyond. ( wherever that is) So carry on Jeramy and frighten the weak ones away. Happy camping. (if not reading.)

donna miller - 2007-10-08 8:52 PM

Handyman, if you havn't got anything worthwhile to say to or about me, then dont bother. I can assure you I have a very good life

So, i cant have my opinion then? Its as worthwhile an opinion as yours

handyman - 2007-10-08 9:07 PM

So, i cant have my opinion then? Its as worthwhile an opinion as yours

Yes, you are entitled to an opinion.

What you are not entitled to do is make assumptions about me or insult me by calling me pompous and any other remark you made about me making a complaint to the BBC.

You don't know me enough to be able to make those comments about me, nor will you ever have the chance to.

caraprof - 2007-10-08 7:54 PM
handyman - 2007-10-08 7:34 PM i would say the people who complain about any of the top gear stunts are pompus. If you did complain or just 'got on your high horse', then you should have a good look at yourself, see you have far too much time on your hands, and get a life.

Yea well, it doesn't really matter what you think you moron. We've all got the measure of your total stupidity by now.

Ps Donna, I hope that you're reading this. Because you had the temerity to complain to the BBC about a little thing like decapitating bikers, you're pompous with too much time on your hands! I wonder what it would take for our imbecilic handyman to decide that a TV programme may have just gone too far? Sacrificing children maybe?

Looks like a complaint about Donna to me and people like her who have had the balls to stand up for themselves... Handyman you just love hanging yourself you are a gluten for punishment ..

"complain about stunts".....this is what i said

a comment (i repeat......comment) by Clarkson about bikers is not a stunt (i repeat.......not a stunt)

Sometimes i think you just have selective reading disorder......if there is such a thing (lol)

Guest caraprof
handyman - 2007-10-08 9:12 PM just re read your posts donna, what was i saying about you? I was saying about the caravaners (which you agree with), not about bikers.

No you weren't you moron, this is what you said:

I would say the people who complain about any of the top gear stunts are pompus.

If you did complain or just 'got on your high horse', then you should have a good look at yourself, see you have far too much time on your hands, and get a life.

"Any of the Top Gear stunts" is what you said thicko. You did not differentiate about anyone.  And despite the fact that a few of us have already shown you how to spell 'pompous' you still can't manage it!

What scares me is that someone as stupid as you can be in charge of a three and a half ton motorhome!

I used to like watching the odd Top Gear programme, but now they are all basically the same, Clarkson slagging off something or other, the other two just acting like idiots, and the 'stars' doing the same old driving 'contest' trying to beat other boring 'stars'.

I now just wait for the 'best of' programmes during the year and watch them, saves having to sit through a load of 'same old' waffle, week in, week out. Shame, used to be a good programme.

:-(

Guest caraprof
Mel B - 2007-10-08 11:11 PM I used to like watching the odd Top Gear programme, but now they are all basically the same, Clarkson slagging off something or other, the other two just acting like idiots, and the 'stars' doing the same old driving 'contest' trying to beat other boring 'stars'. I now just wait for the 'best of' programmes during the year and watch them, saves having to sit through a load of 'same old' waffle, week in, week out. Shame, used to be a good programme. :-(

Actually, we agree on something! I've always loved the programme but the time must come when they run out of ideas and I think that we're nearing it. The search for the best driving road in Europe for instance was twice as long as it should have been.

I do find it a shame though that we're not supposed to find anything offensive in it without being labelled as sad or pompous. Many programmes have very offensive items and it will be an even sadder day when we let them simply get away with anything.

Beetle - 2007-10-08 8:54 PM

Getting back to the thread, I think it is great that Clarkson is going to attack the Motorhome brigade, it might stop a few people from joining us.

Let me explain, we are becoming a victim of our own success, Camping to me has always been a spur of the moment thing, whether to move or stay etc. but you try and do that in the peak season. Impossible unless you want to be in the back of beyond. ( wherever that is) So carry on Jeramy and frighten the weak ones away. Happy camping. (if not reading.)

Would,nt want to discourage anyone from Motorhoming etc. Trevor but agree with your "victim of our own success" comment. All very well to see sales rising every year but unless sites and facilities expand at the same rate demand will soon outstrip supply, and as you say the ability to up sticks on the spur of the moment will be a thing of the past. Try hard to dislike Top Gear, but i,m hooked.

caraprof - 2007-10-08 10:57 PM
handyman - 2007-10-08 9:12 PM just re read your posts donna, what was i saying about you? I was saying about the caravaners (which you agree with), not about bikers.

No you weren't you moron, this is what you said:

I would say the people who complain about any of the top gear stunts are pompus.

If you did complain or just 'got on your high horse', then you should have a good look at yourself, see you have far too much time on your hands, and get a life.

"Any of the Top Gear stunts" is what you said thicko. You did not differentiate about anyone.  And despite the fact that a few of us have already shown you how to spell 'pompous' you still can't manage it!

What scares me is that someone as stupid as you can be in charge of a three and a half ton motorhome!

yes, this is exactly what i said!I said about the stunts, not about a comment made. Donna complained to the bbc about a comment he made, which wasnt part of any stunt.Dont know why i need to say the same thing twice. I think mabye you can make up what you want, as knowone is man enough to disagree with you *-)

Guest caraprof
handyman - 2007-10-09 7:28 AM
caraprof - 2007-10-08 10:57 PM What scares me is that someone as stupid as you can be in charge of a three and a half ton motorhome!

I think you may find its no more than 3.2 ton.

How terribly witty of you. Would you like me to send you a PM on when to use capital letters?

Archived