Top Gear

Guest starspirit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest starspirit

Agree Michele.

What started out as a humorous aside with no intention of inferring anything to anyone has been kicked about and misinterpreted for long enough now to have become totally boring.

Mandy&Andy - 2007-10-09 10:46 AM

What to put on crumpets? Who makes the best crumpets? I find shops own are like eating rubber soles.

mmmmm Just about to have some with golden syrup , my favourite so far. :-D

You need to put Marmite on with olive oil spread. Asda do a nice cheap one @ about 35p for 12. No need to be extravagent, I personally don't find the expensive ones any better.

donna miller - 2007-10-09 11:54 AM

You need to put Marmite on with olive oil spread. Asda do a nice cheap one @ about 35p for 12. No need to be extravagent, I personally don't find the expensive ones any better.

Have you tried the Guinness marmite? I don't like the stuff myself, but my friend says she likes the Guinness spread better than the normal stuff

J9withdogs - 2007-10-09 6:41 PM

starspirit - 2007-10-09 12:16 PM

Oh I do so enjoy a good crumpet - just ask J9!

Is that 'crumpet or 'strumpet' Richy babe?

I've heard that the Guiness crumpet is not for eating - it is a collectors' item and should be kept intact.

Just like you Eh J9

Love the program and the team.

Anybody who takes it seriously has totally missed the point.

Piccy I took on the Calais - Dover ferry last November comming back with half a tonne of Beaujolais. James and crew were returning from filming with Oz Clarke. I asked and he was happy to oblige. Seemes like a nice boy! My Janet is on the left of the picture. The other lads were in the other 2 cars in our Beaujolais Rally team. Total 3 cars and nearly 2 tonne of wine.

13401_JamesMay3.jpg.f6b0f1d1de5bb9720f677a647c1dddae.jpg

Nobody seems to mentioned the content of the first programme, I only got to watch the rerun last night.

You don't need to spend loads of money on expensive supercars to enjoy driving on European roads. We've managed quite well in the van over the last 10 years or so, but I agree aircon is needed together with the turbo for some of the roads. Our only problem is that the La Strada is rather tall and top heavy with the roof bed and doesn't like corners a great deal but once you get used to it and drive accordingly, its fine.

I was surprised to learn how little they knew about where good driving roads are to be found.*-) Anybody who's been to the Italian lakes can tell you about the traffic, or the frightening tunnels around the Genoa area on the autostrada. Its not just the noise but no lighting, diving in and out of strong sunlight into the dark and the narrowness of the tunnels as well.

I'd be interested to know what time of day they went up the Stelvio, we stayed in Bormio for 5 days in August. All the passes were full of motorbikes, cyclists ( yes pedalling from 3000ft up to 9080ft at the top of the Stelvio), motorhomes (new and old) and cars drivers who froze when they saw a motorhome/motorcaravan approaching them. It was also very apparent that there were alot of car drivers who didn't like being near the edge or didn't know how wide their car was. Or were they just letting me go nearer the edge? We left the area going over the Stelvio, I think it was 37 hairpins up and 47 down, (the Italians number them for you).

I will agree that south of Davos and east of Zernez there are some cracking passes into Italy. And they never got to Austria, the Grossglockner and the Alpenstrasse is pretty spectacular!

So where are the best driving roads then, for motorhomes/motorcaravans?

alan *-) *-) *-)

Mandy&Andy - 2007-10-09 10:46 AM

What to put on crumpets? Who makes the best crumpets? I find shops own are like eating rubber soles.

mmmmm Just about to have some with golden syrup , my favourite so far. :-D

belamy's of salford, best crumpets i have ever tried, they used to deliver them in birmingham, but i haven't seen them for years.

also, what place do hash browns have on a full english breakfast? (and i don't mean next to the egg *-) ) why don't they put potato cakes on a english breafast, much better than greasy hash browns.

pete

Archived