Brexit. The public need to re-engage

Barryd999

Global Future finds Theresa May’s preferred bespoke deal would cost £615m a week

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/18/each-brexit-scenario-will-leave-britain-worse-off-study-finds

Shocking isnt it? The problem is nobody is listening anymore, that much is apparent. The only people actively engaged have their flags firmly planted in the sand. Perhaps there is a silent larger body that are listening but perhaps not! It would seem that for the majority of Brexiteers that are still engaged its Brexit at any cost but they are not the ones that need to read and understand this, its the silent majority. If the people of the North east (The worst effected apparently) were aware of how hard it will hit them and the thousands of jobs that will be lost would they think again? I think this is why we need a new campaign. People need to listen, and decide. Its pointless Ive decided trying to debate this day in day out with Brexiteers that would give up their house, grandmothers and pensions for Brexit, they are simply too emotionally entrenched but hopefully the rest of the UK is not.

What is interesting in that report is that the majority of Brexiteers (51%) would now opt for a Norway type deal. Whats the point? Thats basically admitting that Brexit is a failure but rather than give it up its accepting a deal which is pretty much like we are now just with the word Brexit written on it. We would still be paying in, have free movement and be abiding by EU Rules and legislation. They should have given them another option, abandon Brexit and remain.

I am fairly confident if this information can be properly put across to the disengaged public and they were to accept it and believe it then this whole farce could be stopped. We need a new campaign and another referendum/vote on the final deal with a remain or accept choice.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Oh goody another Doom & Gloom prediction from the Remoaner brigade *-) .........

Give it up Barry, you lot shot your bolt when none of your dire predictions came true after the referendum >:-) .........

Not only that.... but the UK PLC is doing very nicely B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 8:56 AM

Oh goody another Doom & Gloom prediction from the Remoaner brigade *-) .........

Give it up Barry, you lot shot your bolt when none of your dire predictions came true after the referendum >:-) .........

Not only that.... but the UK PLC is doing very nicely B-) ..........

Well they are coming true Dave. Brexit is already costing us nearly £350 million pounds a week but the real damage will come when we eventually have to pick one of those scenarios. Just to remind you we haven't actually left yet.

The campaign to re-engage the people has started and thats whats important. I know you two are a lost cause and the media is incredibly pro Brexit so Im doing the job myself along with half a million or so others. I only posted it on here just to wake you both up.

(lol)

The real problem is nobody is telling the truth, both campaigns have become repetitively monotonous and that is why so many people are switching off to it .

Nobody really knows how Brexit will pan out yet and all we get is a continual bombardment of media headlines designed to sell newspapers not to inform the electorate.

Sorry Barry, but whilst I respect your belief that Brexit is not right for the UK I don't share it and no ammount of selective media cut and paste is going to change my view.

As I see it the UK is leaving the EU. End of. Deal or no deal, we will be O U T out!!

All that remain are the ongoing arguments and negotiations about how the future relationship of the UK with the EU will carry on from that date so all rumours and speculation about whether we should leave or not are pointless and even if Parliamnet or anyone else rejects the 'deal' offerered, if you can call it a deal, it will not alter the fact that we leave.

Last week, as I recall, you were extolling the virtues of a remain rally at the weekend, sorry but I could not find the link, but as I recall from the TV news only about 1200 people attended? Did you go?

Tracker - 2018-04-18 11:42 AM

The real problem is nobody is telling the truth, both campaigns have become repetitively monotonous and that is why so many people are switching off to it .

Nobody really knows how Brexit will pan out yet and all we get is a continual bombardment of media headlines designed to sell newspapers not to inform the electorate.

Sorry Barry, but whilst I respect your belief that Brexit is not right for the UK I don't share it and no ammount of selective media cut and paste is going to change my view.

As I see it the UK is leaving the EU. End of. Deal or no deal, we will be O U T out!!

All that remain are the ongoing arguments and negotiations about how the future relationship of the UK with the EU will carry on from that date so all rumours and speculation about whether we should leave or not are pointless and even if Parliamnet or anyone else rejects the 'deal' offerered, if you can call it a deal, it will not alter the fact that we leave.

Last week, as I recall, you were extolling the virtues of a remain rally at the weekend, sorry but I could not find the link, but as I recall from the TV news only about 1200 people attended? Did you go?

There were 1200 in the hall Rich which was packed to capacity but 50000 on the rally allegedly. No, I didnt go to that one as it was in London.

Lies? I think its undeniable that the evidence which of course is based not on Facts but on expert opinion from many sources now including our own government proves as near as dammit how damaging it will all be. I Dont consider that lies. I consider it something we should all take notice of. I do acknowledge though that the target audience for convincing anyone is not you or main Brexiteer contributors on here. All is lost as far as you and they are concerned. (lol) Its the young the none voters and the silent majority fence sitters that we need to re-engage and that is what hopefully will happen.

media headlines designed to sell newspapers

More important than that,

are you still blind to the fact these 'newspapers' are owned by billionaires domiciled in tax havens under threat from an EU wide tax treaty (and Jeremy Corbyn). ?

Maintaining these tax havens is in their nterests, not our interests.

We pay dearly for Her Majesty's forces to defend them, so we can lose tax revenue to them and have to pay more tax ourselves.

Its good for billionaire 'newspaper' owners,

but its not good for the rest of us is it?

Just out of interest. Just what would it take for the Brexiteers on here to change their minds? If it could be proved without doubt that the figures in that link were going to be true or much worse. If it could be proved that it would spell the end of the NHS, A tax haven low regulation for the super rich and that there would be no real difference to immigration would you still support Brexit? What about if it was proved without doubt you or your loved ones would lose your job because of Brexit?

Is it really Brexit or bust now no matter what? I really want to know.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-04-18 9:42 AM

Well they are coming true Dave. Brexit is already costing us nearly £350 million pounds a week

Prove it Bazza? >:-) ..........and don't bother linking me to another Doom & Gloom website *-) ........

Coz I've never been so well of since I retired early B-) ..........

Now I get......... Money for Nothing and my drugs for free :D ........

Barryd999 - 2018-04-18 5:16 PM

Just out of interest. Just what would it take for the Brexiteers on here to change their minds?

If it could be proved without doubt that the figures in that link were going to be true or much worse.

If it could be proved that it would spell the end of the NHS, A tax haven low regulation for the super rich and that there would be no real difference to immigration would you still support Brexit?

What about if it was proved without doubt you or your loved ones would lose your job because of Brexit?

I think it's time for you to give up on here Barry.

None of that can be "proved without doubt " to the satisfaction of our most zealous Brexiteers.

( Looks like some think we've already left anyway ).

;-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-18 4:05 PM

are you still blind to the fact these 'newspapers' are owned by billionaires domiciled in tax havens under threat from an EU wide tax treaty (and Jeremy Corbyn). ?

We pay dearly for Her Majesty's forces to defend them, so we can lose tax revenue to them and have to pay more tax ourselves.

Gawd blimey your still going on and on and on *-) ........

It's funny though how you're so quiet about how you earn your income?....... considering you have so many investments in the stock market? ;-) ........

Have you just invested your benefits well or have you ever had a proper job? :D ........

Just curious Peter? >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-04-18 5:29 PM

Just out of interest. Just what would it take for the Brexiteers on here to change their minds?

If it could be proved without doubt that the figures in that link were going to be true or much worse.

If it could be proved that it would spell the end of the NHS, A tax haven low regulation for the super rich and that there would be no real difference to immigration would you still support Brexit?

What about if it was proved without doubt you or your loved ones would lose your job because of Brexit?

None of that can be "proved without doubt " to the satisfaction of our most zealous Brexiteers.

So can it currently be proved without doubt to our most zealous Remoaners Malc? :-| .......

Or is it just wishful thinking on your behalf's eh? *-) ......

malc d - 2018-04-18 5:29 PM

(Looks like some think we've already left anyway)

;-)

Literally for certain ones too.......who want out of the EU, but then run off to spend half the year in an EU country because they don't want to pay into their own country! *-)

Nobody prepared to answer the hypothetical question then?

Dave you may think its going well for the UK but

Before the referendum the UKs growth was the highest in the EU, now it`s the lowest.

Before the referendum the UK`s growth was leading the G7, now it`s at the bottom.

Just sayin. There is a world economic boom it just so happens at the moment. That 1.5% growth your so pleased with would be well up if we had not had the referendum (or had voted to remain).

I know its a complete waste of time trying to change minds on here but it entertains me and gives Hinge and Bracket something to do. They love it.

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 5:40 PM

So can it currently be proved without doubt to our most zealous Remoaners Malc? :-| .......

Or is it just wishful thinking on your behalf's eh? *-) ......

No.

That's the problem - neither side can PROVE anything.

So why keep trying ?

There is no " wishful thinking " on my part.

I voted remain - but only as the lesser of two evils.

So I have accepted we are leaving - but I don't expect life to get any better.

It does seem a shame to me that Theresa May is getting all the flak when it's David Cameron who screwed it all up. Theresa May has been handed the impossible job of sorting it all out.

( Where is Cameron by the way - is he in hiding ? )

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 5:50 PM

Literally for certain ones too.......who want out of the EU, but then run off to spend half the year in an EU country because they don't want to pay into their own country! *-)

Who could Dum Dum mean??? :D ............

But hey if I'd spent my working life making stuff to kill people ;-) .........

I'd prolly wanna spread the blame to >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 5:56 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-04-18 5:50 PM

Who could Dum Dum mean??? :D ............

But hey if I'd spent my working life making stuff to kill people ;-) .........

I'd prolly wanna spread the blame to >:-) .........

blood on his hands that fella ... Disgusting

Barryd999 - 2018-04-18 5:53 PM

Nobody prepared to answer the hypothetical question then?

Dave you may think its going well for the UK but

Before the referendum the UKs growth was the highest in the EU, now it`s the lowest.

Before the referendum the UK`s growth was leading the G7, now it`s at the bottom.

Just sayin. There is a world economic boom it just so happens at the moment. That 1.5% growth your so pleased with would be well up if we had not had the referendum (or had voted to remain).

I know its a complete waste of time trying to change minds on here but it entertains me and gives Hinge and Bracket something to do. They love it.

Nope ... You just like whinging

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-04-18 5:54 PM

;-)

Prolly from his Rich CAP receiving millions farmer FIL (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 6:20 PM

malc d - 2018-04-18 5:54 PM

;-)

Prolly from his Rich CAP receiving millions farmer FIL (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

I understand that when we are out of the EU the CAP handouts to wealthy landowners will stop.

I'm expecting them all to carry on getting it but it will be called something else.

;-)

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 5:33 PM

It's funny though how you're so quiet about how you earn your income?....... considering you have so many investments in the stock market? ;-) ........

Have you just invested your benefits well or have you ever had a proper job? :D ........

Well I repeated it because you didn't seem to have understood it.

But since you are now trying to change the subject to ad hominen perhaps you have understood it after all?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-18 9:24 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-18 5:33 PM

Well I repeated it because you didn't seem to have understood it.

But since you are now trying to change the subject to ad hominen perhaps you have understood it after all?

It's funny how you're happy to slag of how other folk earn their income, yet your so shy about how you earn yours?.............

Why's that Peter? ;-) ............

Archived