What are you all doing today

John52

In my Quest to raise the tone of this forum, I thought it would be nice to have a thread about what we are all doing today. :-D

I've just moved on to Whitby after the Duncombe Park Steam Rally yesterday.

We were treated to a Traction Engine pulling display in the main arena, by Mr Jack Dibnah - who was supposedly pullling 3 other engines uphill but I saw another ones flywheel going round too *-) .

Took this photo of the Plaque on 'Betsy' - Freds steam roller, front end rebuilt after the incident at last drop village, which Jack inherited :-D

577501500_FDibnahsSteamRollerLogo.thumb.jpg.fb9da0437376295b43dc3bfd18cc8e1c.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting at a campsite coffee bar in Bulgaria overlooking the Balkans. Came initially for couple of nights but ended up staying for six as they have a cracking little Restaurant and the showers are large wet rooms.

Glad to hear Fred's son took over though Fred himself was unique, a real "one off". Met him once at a steam fair and he was exactly the same as his tv character. Happy to chat with anyone who bought him a beer or gave him a fag!

Lots of YouTube clips of him doing things which would have H&S reading the riot act! For such a small wiry guy he was damn fit and of course, totally fearless. Just watch this!

Guest pelmetman

Nothing as it's toooo bleedin hot here in Weymouth 8-) .........

Prolly end up roasting my wine gut in front of the BBQ later :D ........

Why would you wanna raise the tone of Chatterbox FFS? Jeeeez! 8-)

Ill be destroying a few Gammons on the Brexpress and social media, then going out for a spot of late lunch before probably creating a huge din with me guitar and getting pi$$ed. B-)

Where is Antony by the way. I know he was off to see Michael Buble in That London but I though that was next weekend. Perhaps the shame of us finding out was too much to take. :D

I’m going to indulge in some PC virtue signalling (you're not surprised eh?). I went to a Sikh celebration this am for a neighbour’s daughter’s 18th birthday. I thought Catholic ceremonies were a bit long but we’ve got nothing on Sikhs. Go Sikhs!

Barryd999 - 2018-07-08 1:16 PM

Why would you wanna raise the tone of Chatterbox FFS? Jeeeez! 8-)

Ill be destroying a few Gammons on the Brexpress and social media, then going out for a spot of late lunch before probably creating a huge din with me guitar and getting pi$$ed. B-)

Where is Antony by the way. I know he was off to see Michael Buble in That London but I though that was next weekend. Perhaps the shame of us finding out was too much to take. :D

I'm not off to see Buble ... The missus is going and I'm having to tag along as she goes to see plenty that I want , I'll Prolly end up making sweet love with some young bit of fluff while the missus listens to Buble ... I'm having a cold beer overlooking a steaming hot Woolacombe then a shower and then for sumat to eat ... I'll put on some nuddy pics later for Veronica and Bullet to dribble over

Violet1956 - 2018-07-08 4:10 PM

I’m going to indulge in some PC virtue signalling (you're not surprised eh?). I went to a Sikh celebration this am for a neighbour’s daughter’s 18th birthday. I thought Catholic ceremonies were a bit long but we’ve got nothing on Sikhs. Go Sikhs!

Why PC virtue signalling ... Sikhs unlike some are a wonderful addition to our country ... Great people

antony1969 - 2018-07-08 5:04 PM

Why PC virtue signalling ... Sikhs unlike some are a wonderful addition to our country ... Great people

Just flaunting my multicultural credentials Antony. Glad to see you are doing the same. If only Michael Buble could do a little bit of Ska for you.

Just a normal Sunday for us, took the Bentley out for a jolly jaunt to go check on the Cessna as it's been a few days, then onto the marina and took the motor cruiser up the River Severn for a while, wonderful views from the upper deck, a lovely lunch out by the river in the warm sunshine then back home to Tracker Towers to sleep off all that exertion.

It's a tough old life being retired!

Tracker - 2018-07-08 6:02 PM

Just a normal Sunday for us, took the Bentley out for a jolly jaunt to go check on the Cessna as it's been a few days, then onto the marina and took the motor cruiser up the River Severn for a while, wonderful views from the upper deck, a lovely lunch out by the river in the warm sunshine then back home to Tracker Towers to sleep off all that exertion.

It's a tough old life being retired!

Sounds like a perfect day Rich you are blessed.

John52 - 2018-07-08 10:44 AM

In my Quest to raise the tone of this forum, I thought it would be nice to have a thread about what we are all doing today. :-D

We were treated to a Traction Engine pulling display in the main arena, by Mr Jack Dibnah - who was supposedly pullling 3 other engines uphill but I saw another ones flywheel going round too *-) .

Took this photo of the Plaque on 'Betsy' - Freds steam roller, front end rebuilt after the incident at last drop village, which Jack inherited :-D

John,

We where there yesterday as well!!!

Took a video of Jack driving the McLaren towing the other four engines round the ring but unfortunately messed up my settings so got no sound :(

Keith

Guest pelmetman

Go Sikhs!

.....and you may find :D .......

If you take the PC blinkers off ;-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-07-08 8:04 PM

pelmetman - 2018-07-08 7:33 PM

Go Sikhs!

Are you the new Messiah Dave?

Yeah I'm the son of Dog :D .......

Violet1956 - 2018-07-08 5:28 PM

Just flaunting my multicultural credentials Antony. Glad to see you are doing the same. If only Michael Buble could do a little bit of Ska for you.

I only knock those who deserve it Veronica ... As for Buble he can sing what he likes I won't be listening ... The sooner it's over and I can get out of that dump London the better ... I hope it's cancelled

Keithl - 2018-07-08 7:28 PM

John,

Took a video of Jack driving the McLaren towing the other four engines round the ring but unfortunately messed up my settings so got no sound :(

Keith

I got better photos in Helmsley Market Place after the show

168901908_Duncombe7.7_18.thumb.jpg.485b472f06a730ab95d40792f203baaa.jpg

1977287456_JackDibnah.jpg.0eb7181a11ab378580e244a880b814f0.jpg

antony1969 - 2018-07-08 9:59 PM

Violet1956 - 2018-07-08 5:28 PM

I only knock those who deserve it Veronica ... As for Buble he can sing what he likes I won't be listening ... The sooner it's over and I can get out of that dump London the better ... I hope it's cancelled

Stop trying to pretend your not in love with "Bubble". We all know it wasnt the misses who dragged you there and continuously posting your disdain for him doesnt get you out of it. Oh no. B-) What next? Val Doonican? Actually he might be dead. Justin Bieber Maybe!! Bross!! I bet you were a big Bross fan back in the day eh? (lol)

Go Sikhs!

Didn't you know? He's the Chatterbox Iman trying to persuade all to "read the Quran"!!. ;-)

John52 - 2018-07-09 8:35 AM

Keithl - 2018-07-08 7:28 PM

John,

Keith

I got better photos in Helmsley Market Place after the show

Blimey.....doesn't seem that long ago when Jack was just a youngster! Fred would be proud. I always hoped Fred's mate, the big tall ex-miner chap who accompanied him on his last tour, would do a series as he was a good laugh....especially when him and Fred had a difference of opinion!

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-09 11:30 AM

Go Sikhs!

Didn't you know? He's the Chatterbox Iman trying to persuade all to "read the Quran"!!. ;-)

If you did.......then you might for a change know what you're talking about ;-) ..........

At the Bedford River Festival today. :-D

Its a massive event, its free, and this year is set to be the biggest ever. :-D

Only thing spoiling the magnificent view is the steel and concrete barriers to stop lunatics driving into the crowds. :-(

Sign of the times, and the Government sticking its oar into every conflict going to "defeat terrorism" I suppose :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-07-14 10:36 AM

At the Bedford River Festival today. :-D

Its a massive event, its free, and this year is set to be the biggest ever. :-D

Only thing spoiling the magnificent view is the steel and concrete barriers to stop lunatics driving into the crowds. :-(

Sign of the times, and the Government sticking its oar into every conflict going to "defeat terrorism" I suppose :-S

How would Corbyn defeat Islamic fundamentalists? ;-) ..........

Oh I forgot he'd do a Neville 8-) ..........

......and give in >:-) ..........

Ive had a funny old day me. Got tossed out of me kayak into the North Sea, wrote a song for Donald Trumps wife which I hope to finish for her before she goes home, had a blast to Filey cliffs on the bike and now I'm off to a free festival where I might get a chance to perform me new song, if I get kicked off ill just be back at the van drinking Leffe I suppose.

pelmetman - 2018-07-14 10:47 AM

How would Corbyn defeat Islamic fundamentalists? ;-) ..........

Oh I forgot he'd do a Neville 8-) ..........

......and give in >:-) ..........

Err no he would do what the Government says it will never do, and always does in the end - Negotiate with them.

As Thatcher said of the IRA'we don't negotiate with terrorists' (except her close friend Pinochet) and a fre years later Gerry adams and Martin McGuiness were in Downing Street every other day :-D

So when Corbyn talks to terrorists you can call him a 'terrorist sympathiser'

Unlike Donald Trump when he talks to Kim Jong Un.

For some reason thats different in your book *-)

Archived