ALDE hot water problem

Deffheads

We have an early version Alde system and recently, after refilling the system there is a problem with air locks and hot water not warming properly and also insufficient supply. This has never happened before in 5 years of ownership, I am sure it's something to do with air in the system, which I have tried to clear and failed. Any help appreciated.

The rads have bleed nipples on them to get rid of air. You need to start with the rads at the highest point as that is where the air will gather. Do every bleed nipple and add fluid as required to keep the correct level in the system. After bleeding run the system and bleed again.

I had the advantage because my m/home was kept on my sloping driveway which eventually shiftedd the air to the highest rad to get rid of the air manually.

On the side of the boiler is a device to automatically remove air but it was ineffective on my 2 m/homes with the Alde system.

Check and see if the circulation pump is running continuously. This can be checked on the control panel and should only be used for checking the pump etc'

The default setting is "Therm"

You may have changed your settings so need to be reset your control panel

Regards

1759475185_Pumpsettingcont.JPG.dff10e3dc9a6e727ba95bbe35b546f32.JPG

Deffheads - 2021-10-19 4:28 PM

it's just air in the hot and cold pipes.

You mean the water from the fresh water tank to the taps?

If so then you likely have an air leak before the pump, have you cleaned the pre pump filter recently?

Like this thread... https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Shurflo-filter/59019/

Keith.

Now you say it is hot AND cold water giving problems?

Faulty NRV on the pump. Water running back to tank.

or

Faulty pump.

or

leak inside the tank near the pump (assuming that you have actually looked for a leak elsewhere).

Thanks for all replies, I have now sorted the problem by fitting a new pump 30psi Surflow . The pressure is much improved and hopefully the hot water and airlocks are sorted. I was slightly concerned at the life span of the pump as it's only lasted 3 years, but we are full timers.

Archived