Milenco levellers

bigal

Due to other reasons i haven't been on here recently but upon seeing this thread prompted me to put my two penneth worth in - when we bought our kon tiki 645 we purchased some fiamma ramps - what a pile of crap they turned out to be , so luckily we own a fabrication company & after seeing IF we could purchase something good we set too & built our own in aliminium , difficult to describe but built to fit in rear locker snugly , slightly wider than tyre , 4 flat ramps , grab handle slots cut in also holes for chains to stop some pikey nicking them ! , yet light enough for my 13 yr old daughters to handle them , 6 mm aliminium fully tig welded & tested with 10 ton load ! - now if anybody can tell me how to post a piccy on here i'll do so .

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steamer - 2010-09-06 1:36 PM

Due to other reasons i haven't been on here recently but upon seeing this thread prompted me to put my two penneth worth in - when we bought our kon tiki 645 we purchased some fiamma ramps - what a pile of crap they turned out to be , so luckily we own a fabrication company & after seeing IF we could purchase something good we set too & built our own in aliminium , difficult to describe but built to fit in rear locker snugly , slightly wider than tyre , 4 flat ramps , grab handle slots cut in also holes for chains to stop some pikey nicking them ! , yet light enough for my 13 yr old daughters to handle them , 6 mm aliminium fully tig welded & tested with 10 ton load ! - now if anybody can tell me how to post a piccy on here i'll do so .

So when are you marketing your 'aliminium' (trademarked??) ramps so we can all benefit from their wonderful design and reasonable cost.

Will they be widely available in leisure stores or mail order only?

• 1 year later...

For amusement's sake I've resurrected this 2-year-old forum discussion.

Although Milenco's website entry for their Quattro levelling ramps still carries the contentious statement that originally provoked this thread

"...Pocketing the wheel at every height eliminating the need for chocks..."

I notice that the company's latest advert in MMM (June 2012 issue, page 220) says something different.

Quattro levels are now advertised as follows

"...They pocket and better support the tyre at every height without chocks (use handbrake)..."

pepe63 - 2012-05-06 10:17 AM

Still on the subject of "misleading" adverts(but W-A-Y off the original topic :$ ),I've only just noticed the Gaslow advert on page262,which shows a chap refilling a "loose" cylinder,whilst grasping the nozzle with with "un-gloved" hands.. *-)

I don't think the Gaslow advert is misleading, though it's asking for a 'freezer burn' not using gloves when handling an Autogas pump-gun. See also

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25932&posts=16

Archived