Beware of Squirrels

Big Momma

Mel B - 2010-11-05 8:30 PM Where I work I often see squirrels during the day, only this morning one was bobbing about outside my office window, very cute it looked to but looks can be deceiving. We haven't had squirrels in the attic, but we've had the next worst thing - rats - and what a bl**dy nuisance they are too! It has taken us years to get shot of the fl*ming things and find all the places where they were getting in, I think we've finally cracked it as I haven't heard one for ages (I really, really hope I don't regret saying that! *-) ). Because of the squirrels and rats we can't put food out for the birds now which is a shame as we used to get loads of beautiful ones. :-(

Albas oil flavoured teabags for you my girl!

Does Albas oil work with Cats & is it safe.

Yes plural, we are visited by a minimum of 6 each day.

I wanted to install pop-up sprinklers with a PIR, but as the majority of the outdoor areas are paved for wife's wheelchair, it was too disruptive a job.

Tried all the usual scarers, starfish, etc., etc.. but nothing successful at keeping them away.

bob b - 2010-11-05 8:39 PM

Just had a dreadful realisation!  Are we guilty of chatterboxing on Motorhome matters?

Yes ... but squirrels are an enemy of motorhomes so that makes it legit! :D

And a lot of motorhomers are nuts ... so the owners have something in common with squirrels too!!!! :$

dawki - 2010-11-05 12:06 AM

So how long before somebody on the forum tells us what lovely little creatures they are and not really doing any harm?

I think that squirrels are lovely little animals (lol) (lol) (lol)

AND - they've never done me any harm :D

Now, don't get me started on badgers, they really can cause absolute mayhem, and they are protected by law 8-) 8-) 8-)

Is this a motorhome matter? We may be shifted to Chatterbox very soon...

oldlowie - 2010-11-05 9:49 PM

dawki - 2010-11-05 12:06 AM

So how long before somebody on the forum tells us what lovely little creatures they are and not really doing any harm?

I think that squirrels are lovely little animals (lol) (lol) (lol)

AND - they've never done me any harm :D

Now, don't get me started on badgers, they really can cause absolute mayhem, and they are protected by law 8-) 8-) 8-)

Is this a motorhome matter? We may be shifted to Chatterbox very soon...

It started as a genuine Motorhome matter. The fact is that I have opened a 'Squirrels Drey', appears that these little blighters have an effect in wider aspects of our life. I think if the subject of Squirrels has the Royal Ascent then the thread has a rightful place right here (or maybe not) *-)

flicka - 2010-11-05 9:16 PM

I wanted to install pop-up sprinklers with a PIR, but as the majority of the outdoor areas are paved for wife's wheelchair, it was too disruptive a job.

Tried all the usual scarers, starfish, etc., etc.. but nothing successful at keeping them away.

jeyes fluid is pretty good,

sometimes the sonic scarers work - it seems to depend on the cat

surprised the starfish didn't work

good luck

duffers - 2010-11-06 11:51 AM

Ummmmm? What are the 'Starfish'

good luck

*-) *-)

Big Momma - 2010-11-06 5:39 PM

duffers - 2010-11-06 11:51 AM

Ummmmm? What are the 'Starfish'

good luck

*-) *-)

I am dreaded the answer but here goes, what are the 'Starfish' *-)

I remember a few years ago a caravaner at the Rowntree Park site complaining that as he walked up to his van he saw a group of people laughing at the antics of a grey squirrel on his 4 track :-S he asked in the magazine "if they would be laughing if they had to pay the £1,000 pound bill he had for his electrics that were chewed through.

Archived