How leaval must a gas fridge be when running on gas?

plumbersvan

for plumbervan, im not going to insult you by your way of living nor your ability to spell, just simple advise will do , in my own opinion i would not enter petal stations with your gas on and would also not drive with your gas on, you only need to have one crash and it could be your last also  the vapor that is somtimes to be found in a petrol station could also be you last fill up, i fully understand we need to begin somewhere and that learning such things is better found from  good solid and constructive advise , so with that  best of luck to you, and shame on them that have to  just come in to a thread and bully for the fun of it..

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
trikershaun - 2012-05-15 11:52 PM

i fully understand we need to begin somewhere and that learning such things is better found from  good solid and constructive advise , so with that  best of luck to you, and shame on them that have to  just come in to a thread and bully for the fun of it..

Amen Sir! Well said.......

JudgeMental - 2012-05-16 7:48 AM

trikershaun - 2012-05-15 11:52 PM

i fully understand we need to begin somewhere and that learning such things is better found from  good solid and constructive advise , so with that  best of luck to you, and shame on them that have to  just come in to a thread and bully for the fun of it..

Hold on you two, who is bullying who, as its not apparent to me.

As far as "good solid and constructive advise" much of the thread has been trying just to establish that, rather than to depend on opinion ie "What French law?" Are you suggesting that asking for a statement to be substantiated is bullying which if is the case then a load of poppycock could be posted?

Guest JudgeMental

I got back from Spain the other day and read through this thread and it is full of snide comments on the OP's capabilities. I suggest you read through it again properly......But this is the kind of reputation this forum has ...loads of silly old men caught up in trivial detail.

As for gas: I have Truma secure motion and dont give a flying fart for what the French think or there laws......Saying that I drive on 12v as it seems to work fine and keeps fridge temperature low enough. But If I wanted/needed to use gas on the move I would...

If the gas escapes the valve shuts down the supply to everything? I have tested/played with it, it works as intended.....so that is good enough for me....

JudgeMental - 2012-05-16 8:53 AM

I got back from Spain the other day and read through this thread and it is full of snide comments on the OP's capabilities. I suggest you read through it again properly......But this is the kind of reputation this forum has ...loads of silly old men caught up in trivial detail.

As for gas: I have Truma secure motion and dont give a flying fart for what the French think or there laws......Saying that I drive on 12v as it seems to work fine and keeps fridge temperature low enough. But If I wanted/needed to use gas on the move I would...

If the gas escapes the valve shuts down the supply to everything? I have tested/played with it, it works as intended.....so that is good enough for me....

I don't give a flying fart for what the French think either (or what anybody else thinks for that matter), but I do try to be aware of laws that I believe may affect me in order to assess the risk of me falling foul of them. So I'm uninterested in laws that relate to incest (no close blood-relations left alive), but I would like to know about possible French 'gas-bottle-off' laws.

Having researched a bit more it's evident (or appears to be evident) that the France-related information in Truma's Secumotion documentation (see my 6 May posting earlier in this thread) is correct and, provided that a motorhome conforms technically to what Truma says, its gas-bottles do not need to be shut off while the vehicle is travelling in France and its gas-heater can legally be operated while the vehicle is being driven.

It may also be the case that, provided a gas 'pigtail' with a shut-off valve were used (eg. a SecuMotion-type pigtail), gas-bottles connected to the motorhome's gas system could legally be left open while travelling in France, even though gas-fuelled appliances could not be legally operated.

It's dfficult to go any further without knowing exactly what law a French policeman might charge one for breaking.

sshortcircuit - 2012-05-16 8:15 AM
JudgeMental - 2012-05-16 7:48 AM
trikershaun - 2012-05-15 11:52 PM i fully understand we need to begin somewhere and that learning such things is better found from  good solid and constructive advise , so with that  best of luck to you, and shame on them that have to  just come in to a thread and bully for the fun of it..
Hold on you two, who is bullying who, as its not apparent to me. As far as "good solid and constructive advise" much of the thread has been trying just to establish that, rather than to depend on opinion ie "What French law?" Are you suggesting that asking for a statement to be substantiated is bullying which if is the case then a load of poppycock could be posted?

at the very beginning of the thread it is very apparent that a few had to come in to this thread  and just plain bully this chap, it seems its always the same crew that find it very clever to  just take the piss out of peeps for what ever reason they find,

you are very correct to establish that the tail end of this thread is about  the laws in France but not at the beginning, they should be baned from posting on here. i did a few years come on here and put a post up , it was very badly spelt and guess i got lynched as well i did report it a few weeks later and was told it would be dealt with by the management of this forum. i recon i may have to put the complaint in again cos of a few that fail to grow up on here, guys i find your pistacking in very poor taste. it dont mater if we no nout about camping  or not we have to start from somewhere and some times its from the very bottom of the line

Guest JudgeMental

Correct again Shaun, and why I advised the critic to read thread again, as he either does not understand plain English or was to lazy to do so....the first page of this thread is disgusting

Derek, what difference does the type of pigtail make as it is fitted after the shut down valve...

for an appliance to work on gas there will be a flame somewhere, so I dont see the difference between a Truma heating system being allowed to operate and a fridge on gas. Or maybe the fridge flame less well protected and can go out easier...

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2012-05-16 10:50 AM

"Correct again Shaun, and why I advised the critic to read thread again, as he either does not understand plain English or was to lazy to do so....the first page of this thread is disgusting "

Well an example of bullying, talk about kettle and black.

why not admit it, you have not bothered to look at opening page, and haven't a clue what you are talking about..... Because if you had read it, and possessed one ounce of common decency, you would hopefully understand what we are talking about.....and its nothing to do with gas or law, simply bullying and intolerance of the OP's style of posting

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2012-05-16 12:06 PM

Oh dear, your so tied up in your own pomposity that you cant see it. I'm out

For heavens sake.... see what exactly.....you did not even contribute on first page so what are you getting upset about exactly, That is what Shaun and I were commenting on. Your the one talking at cross purposes who took umbrage at my unrelated generalisation and started with the personal attacks, calling me pompous and a bully!lol..you really need to get over your self..its not all about you :D

I was first to reply to the OP..?.. :-S ...so maybe it's about ME?? :D

..although if plumbersvan/fiona/alf's post *is* to be taken on face value...

(..more specifically,Quote: "..looked at side of my van and wondered when the explosion would come.."),then I stand by what I said and I still think she/he/they sound like "a bit of a liability".. :-> )

;-)

JudgeMental - 2012-05-16 10:43 AM

Correct again Shaun, and why I advised the critic to read thread again, as he either does not understand plain English or was to lazy to do so....the first page of this thread is disgusting

Derek, what difference does the type of pigtail make as it is fitted after the shut down valve...

for an appliance to work on gas there will be a flame somewhere, so I dont see the difference between a Truma heating system being allowed to operate and a fridge on gas. Or maybe the fridge flame less well protected and can go out easier...

It (possibly) makes a difference because of the interpretation of the wording of the exemptions included in the ADR regulations that permit SecuMotion-type gas systems to be legally operated in a moving motorhome in France without shutting off gas-bottles. It's complicated to explain and, as you don't give a flying fart, I shan't attempt to do so. It's got nothing to do with heaters, fridges or gas flames.

Hi all. I feel a bit guilty jumping in at this late stage of the discussion but I have just read the latest Truma SecuMotion Operating Instructions issued with my recently installed system and I quote:

"Truma SecuMotion complies with all of the relevant standards, regulations and directives, and

therefore allows the gas system to be used while driving throughout Europe"

It goes on to say in a later paragraph:

"For vehicles manufactured before 01/2007 there are no restrictions for operating the gas system

while driving.*

*Exception for France:

In France the operation of the gas system while driving is only permitted in type-tested vehicles with

initial registration as of 01.01.2007. In older vehicles the operation of the gas system while driving

is non-permissible, even in combination with a safety shut-off device".....

I have checked the French language paragraphs and they say the same. Hope this helps a bit although my wife has stated that on no occasion will we be driving with the gas on. So that is that!

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2012-05-16 6:33 PM

(..more specifically,Quote: "..looked at side of my van and wondered when the explosion would come.."),then I stand by what I said and I still think she/he/they sound like "a bit of a liability".. :-> )

;-)

Yes you and others...I find it hard to understand how members can be so downright nasty. I take people at face value, I see little point in doing otherwise. That Fiona/plumber is more amusing then her critics says more about them then her...

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22934&start=1

'Fiona' has now posted over 300 times to this forum under (at minimum) 4 user-names and over an 18-month period. Her postings have regularly been ridiculed for one thing or another, but she has never replied in kind. I would suggest that anyone choosing to participate for that length of time on this forum and silently tolerate such criticism must have developed a pretty thick skin by now and won't need "Disgusted of Denham" vicarious outrage.

JudgeMental - 2012-05-17 8:33 AM

pepe63 - 2012-05-16 6:33 PM

;-)

Yes you and others...I find it hard to understand how members can be so downright nasty. I take people at face value, I see little point in doing otherwise. That Fiona/plumber is more amusing then her critics says more about them then her...

(lol) ..coming as it does from "Gentle Judge"(..who *never* has a wrong word to say about anyone ;-) ), well,that's just plain funny! (lol)

;-)

pepe63 - 2012-05-17 10:28 AM

(lol) ..coming as it does from "Gentle Judge"(..who *never* has a wrong word to say about anyone ;-) ), well,that's just plain funny! (lol)

;-)

Absolutely right sir !

Looks like the judge doesn't read his own postings.

;-)

Archived