How leaval must a gas fridge be when running on gas?

plumbersvan

Guest JudgeMental
I give like for like by the bucket load..I dont pick on people who may, or may not have problems.....

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiona (& alias's) posts always generate interest good or bad.

This one alone has (to-date) 2757 views & 100 replies) So obviously her/his/its style is captivating for many forum users. Long may she/he/it live & continue posting.

As I suggested on another thread, Fiona get your camera working & post on "Youtube". make you a fortune.

But don't forget us old codgers on here 8o|

flicka - 2012-05-17 11:12 PMThis one alone has (to-date) 2757 views & 100 replies) So obviously her/his/its style is captivating for many forum users.

This is beginning to replicate the discussions on who the unamed (and always helmeted) test driver was on that TV programme with Jeremy Clarkson.

Maybe these posts are computer generated (hence the use of the term it) maybe not, either way they have made me smile and even laugh out loud so they are doing some good. Fiona, if you are indeed a female then long may you continue to bring amusement to us all.

Persistently recreating identity on a public forum does not help with credibility and pretending to be weird is a form of attention-seeking behaviour that people usually get over in their mid-teens.

I personally find the style utterly contrived and tedious and don't see what the fuss is about.

In my experience people who need / like to be perceived as 'alternative' / quirky are incredibly unremarkable. All they have is what they imagine others think of them: it's an sad and shallow world.

People who are genuinely quirky just get on with it and certainly do not need public validation.

Guest JudgeMental

a few pages back you where saying she could well register on the autistic scale....Make your mind up :D

she wanted the name of campsite I was on in Spain..I neglected to give it. In retrospect a mistake, as could have sorted this all out with a few pics and video interview 8-)

now that is on the leaval

JudgeMental - 2012-05-18 9:42 AM

...she wanted the name of campsite I was on in Spain..I neglected to give it. In retrospect a mistake, as could have sorted this all out with a few pics and video interview 8-)...

Wouldn't have worked as Fiona has not visited Spain this year. She is currently sampling the local wines at Saint-Cyr-en-Bourg.

Guest JudgeMental
Derek Uzzell - 2012-05-18 10:18 AM

JudgeMental - 2012-05-18 9:42 AM

...she wanted the name of campsite I was on in Spain..I neglected to give it. In retrospect a mistake, as could have sorted this all out with a few pics and video interview 8-)...

Wouldn't have worked as Fiona has not visited Spain this year. She is currently sampling the local wines at Saint-Cyr-en-Bourg.

No but she was thinking about it and did ask...I guess It was the cheap sardines that attracted her, and unless completely barking the far nicer weather :D

I think it is disgraceful the way some are discussing Plumbersvan in this forum and the things mentioned. If I was the original poster and read what was being said I sure as heck would not be posting again on the forums. Maybe Fiona/Plumbersvam is just a poster having a wind up but I do not believe so as too many factual bits of information in many posts made and one could not make it up. Plumbersvan adds a lot pleasure to the forums for many and the response of some who do not normally reply on threads started by Plumbersvan are going to spoil it for all by upsetting and she/he will leave and not return if she has any sense. I think the thread should be removed.

Hi Bambles,

I too find Plumbersvans postings very entertaining and would not want him/her to stop posting but I disagree that it should be removed, I think the posting should be left and take its course. As I said in an earlier posting there is a lot more distasteful things said about individuals on this forum. I do believe at least some of what plumbersvan posts is 'tongue in cheek'--only plumbersvan actually knows .

cheers

derek

There really is a fascinating polarisation of views.

One resolution, as previously stated, would be for the person behind pv to start a blog - which would arguably be the more appropriate online presence for the style of communication - and all those who wished could follow in relative harmony.

The problem that the person behind pv faces at the moment is that the persistent re-creation of identity, affected buffoonery, and lack of etiquette will inevitably attract contempt. The affectations simply do not stack up as genuine.

Who amongst the contributors on here would subscribe to some other "relatively technical" online forum and comport themselves in the manner that the person behind pv does? 

And if they were to do such a thing, could they reasonably expect a degree of contempt?

Guest JudgeMental

I along with others am really not sure.. That you have come to a decision and think it is an invention is also fine by me, you may well be right.....If Fiona has done anything she has certainly got us thinking......Particularly about the prices in France which are absolutely shocking.

And dats on d leavel :-D

edit: there have been other posters who clog up front page with nonsense from time to time, and I have suggested that a blog style thread that they add to more appropriate. I think I even suggested this to Fiona who said she could not ever find past postings? So maybe your right and this is a scam and someone simply having a laugh...

Brambles - 2012-05-18 4:55 PM

I think it is disgraceful the way some are discussing Plumbersvan in this forum and the things mentioned. If I was the original poster and read what was being said I sure as heck would not be posting again on the forums. Maybe Fiona/Plumbersvam is just a poster having a wind up but I do not believe so as too many factual bits of information in many posts made and one could not make it up. Plumbersvan adds a lot pleasure to the forums for many and the response of some who do not normally reply on threads started by Plumbersvan are going to spoil it for all by upsetting and she/he will leave and not return if she has any sense. I think the thread should be removed.

:'( I read this thread :-S was appaled at the vemon :'( The camper with me at the moment called you"(it's not nice to insult people)s" 8-) i didnt ask what it ment but--somthing bad

B-) Ive been mobed and tossed out (?)

:-S This time i wont be back :-S :-( 8-) If you read my threads i began in all inocence i had no idea what camping was my camper froze and thawed i leared to repair the van it of the camping van :-D I My threads attraced comments i failed to understand :-( you dont HAVE to read my thread.I left the forum and returned as plumbersvan.being a man would allow me to use bad language when attacked :-|

:'( As i posted i found i found i had little time to disemble 8-) I posted from dreadful places standing half in half out of the rain at 2.30am when a pizza place closed and i could walk a few up from the camper :-| I spent more time looking for internet than tourist sites 8-)

:-S I went so far as to buy a samsung note 8-) As replies became more vemon and critic 8-) 8-) I created yet another identity hear 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) *-) *-) B-) And have posted some 20 times in search of information :-S which found some help. B-)

B-) This is the last time i will be found hear in any guise :-| Its simply to unpleasant, *-) I have by my own research and no help from the forum B-) Found that i can buy a campingvan of my very own :-D which i can insure and use for as long as i wish anywhere in Europe or beyond, 8-)

I met another campingvamn where we began in the pouring rain and ended with fizzy white wine and the definative solution 8-) *-) B-) Insurance at a price which dosnt reflect insurance cheats 8-) In England we pay dearly for our multicultural socalist society :-S

:'( :'( :'( B-) My last post ever i am Fiona B-) I am a victim of the olyipics and im a bit camping weary since i looked at this thread,most campers are insular :-( its the few that make life interesting and life as a happy camper just that 8-)

Good bye

Guest Tracker

Just in case you pop back to check Fiona I at least am sorry to see you go.

If as you now say you are indeed a female of our species you would probably get more sympathy than as a man from many folk as the general perception is that - with some notable exceptions - the ladies are generally less adept at diagnosing and solving mechanical and technical issues than many of the menfolk.

I don't mean this in any sense as 'talking down' to you but it does seem to be a fact of life.

A lot of the problems stem from your multiple personalities and presentations on here and the general confusion has led to some folks becoming exasperated and intolerant - me included at times.

Perhaps now that we have better clarification from you the attitudes may change as I for one am always happy to help if I can.

Why not start a new identity simply as 'Fiona' - and we shall see if someone will become your Shrek - any offers anyone!!

Guest JudgeMental

Fiona, Tracker is more or less right I think.....The bullying did not go unnoticed and has been challanged by other members..Please stick around, most of us love your postings and travel stories, But you must admit your style is somwhat of a challenge for some to understand, and there started the problem.....Honesty the best policy

Maybe try a blog style of posting? Start a thread named "FIONA'S BLOG". Then every time you visit just find it and add to it....Obviously if you have a specific technical inquiry just start a fresh thread...Just a suggestion thas all but please give it some thought...

It's no wonder that people are sceptical.

" Fiona " says she is a ' victim of the Olympics ' - how can that be, three months before they start ?

I believe that she also mentioned that she has family taking over her house in central London for the Olympics, but also mentioned another house in Romford, plus another house in France.

Why then, is she a victim ?

..and now, over on the thread about paying for sites in Switzerland, ' her ' English reads quite normally.

Interesting / intriguing stuff, it will be a shame if she has stopped posting.

;-)

Just poped back as my camping neibough said my post was not clear 8-)

Brambles post i quoted :-D rather summed things up,his was a nice post to B-)

As ive said i ceased using alf as i was attracting more posts not relivant to the thread nor pleasent to see :-(

My return as a plumbersvan a fitting description of "My"camper found my identity discovered by not hidding,as i intended,my email :$

About two weeks ago i created yet another identity which some 20 posts on remains boring but undetected :-D I also found respect by hard words *-)

Its pointless to continue knowing how the majority with woman following there mentors form regard my posts and threads :-(

*-) Lastly i will be continuing with this camper for now :-D I will buy my own quite soon which will be a 1981 camper with a forein number thus i will compleatly fade into obsurity 8-) The camper i found a great way to visit friends without intruding either way :-D

:'( I have torn up my list of forum phrases to use with my new identity and that is that :-| I havnt found another forum?that is i have but motorhome facts dosnt have a forum as such. :-|

The last few days proved i could now manage without questions :-| or unpleasant coments OH and 1+2+4=5 im not a machine *-) And i do dislike the bad comments 8-) Which is why im leaving for good :-(

plumbersvan - 2012-05-22 3:17 PM Just poped back as my camping neibough said my post was not clear 8-) Brambles post i quoted :-D rather summed things up,his was a nice post to B-) As ive said i ceased using alf as i was attracting more posts not relivant to the thread nor pleasent to see :-( My return as a plumbersvan a fitting description of "My"camper found my identity discovered by not hidding,as i intended,my email :$ About two weeks ago i created yet another identity which some 20 posts on remains boring but undetected :-D I also found respect by hard words *-) Its pointless to continue knowing how the majority with woman following there mentors form regard my posts and threads :-( *-) Lastly i will be continuing with this camper for now :-D I will buy my own quite soon which will be a 1981 camper with a forein number thus i will compleatly fade into obsurity 8-) The camper i found a great way to visit friends without intruding either way :-D :'( I have torn up my list of forum phrases to use with my new identity and that is that :-| I havnt found another forum?that is i have but motorhome facts dosnt have a forum as such. :-| The last few days proved i could now manage without questions :-| or unpleasant coments OH and 1+2+4=5 im not a machine *-) And i do dislike the bad comments 8-) Which is why im leaving for good :-(

if you feel you need to go then maybe you need to, but i would like to say that the way you were treated on here was not conforming to common decency, iv also been pulled up the same way and it is not nice, but sadly you will always get  some smart arsed  pople that just cant help but flex there egos by putting others down. fact of life..

i would like to keep tabs on your exploits on here and also feel a blog would be a very good idea. but this will not happen if you   leave.. so ignore the pillocks as they dont mater to you. you have been defend by some of us and time to move on i feel in what ever direction you feel life should lead you.. good luck to you.

i realy hate bullys 8o|

It dose depend upon the forum as to weather it attracts those that only offer insults :-S

crinkkelyfish or whatever his name was posted disgraceful and fully unacceptable remarks amongst others

I can think of one worse forum where almost any post by almost anyone attracts the spelling police and or comments unrelated to the thread 8-) I post there waiting for the French retired person that offers super advice /links There can be a dozen bad posts before he answers :'(

There are indeed good people hear,far to few some sit on the fence *-)

As i zoom(at the legal limit)through Switzerland there are often interesting encounters which i could post?Now ill have a safe uncontested trip *-)

Camping caring has helped me find wonderful parts of France and taught me that a forum can be somewhere to visit when while travelling,before the forum i used a laptop to watch films and file images *-)

well then i think the bast thing to do is when some one post smut and nasty comments we all should complain to the management and get this forum cleaned up and make it a happy forum, after all it is linked to a mag and after the last lode of rubbish they hit me with i stopped buying the mag on the basis that the forum was run wrong.. but in defence of the forum if they dont know they cant deal with it..

Guest Tracker

Those who don't like this forum are always free to leave but the best way to leave is to just, er, leave, without all the running commentary, excuses, reasons and waffle.

Those who want to participate and try to give a little instead of only taking or complaining will always find plenty of help along with a good slice of banter on here but I for one am not going to ask anyone to stay against their wishes.

Suit yerself whether your name is Fiona / Alf / Plumbersvan or uncle Tom Cobbley an' all - who cares - not many I suspect in the grand scheme of things, because anyone who leaves is soon forgotten as the world moves on.

Nuff said.

plumbersvan - 2012-05-22 3:58 PM...  crinkkelyfish or whatever his name was posted disgraceful and fully unacceptable remarks amongst othersI can think of one worse forum where almost any post by almost anyone attracts the spelling police and or comments unrelated to the thread 8-) ...

All I’ve ever done is sceptically question the affectations and note with some interest that pv is capable of perfectly rational interaction when the mood takes. 

QED. 

I personally have no interest in judging others based solely on spelling / grammar / genuinely naïve questions.

Happy to hold the mirror up though.

I hope Fiona is still popping in to see the reactions to this thread & will use the "search" & realise how much interest her threads attract forum users.

Most of her threads under her different alias's have been responded to in a positive manner, (although this one has upset her.)

I (& I suspect quite a few others) have no problems with her style, a bit different, but hey what's life without variety.

Hope you decide to stay, Fiona. As others have mentioned ignore the few jibes & maybe create a new Forum Name as a fresh start.

Archived