Royal Mail Shares?

Tracker

Your predilection for repetitiveness marks you as the kind of individual you are.

I stand by my many record of helpful and tolerant postings on Motorhome Matters over the years.

Others can sit in judgement if they enjoy that, but I post as I find without the need to continually refer to previous issues to support my point.

I've made my point so now I am happy to let it rest.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had Enough - 2013-10-12 12:16 PM
RogerC - 2013-10-12 12:05 PM
Had Enough - 2013-10-12 11:09 AM
RogerC - 2013-10-11 6:44 PMSo pleasing to read someone who is so 'flush' has been stiffed..........it's made my day.  :-D
I'd already worked out from your previous contributions that you're the kind of person who takes pleasure in the misfortune of others. I'm just surprised that you're so stupid as to trumpet it!But you must try to keep up! No one got 'stiffed' as you so delicately call it. I applied for something, wasn't successful, end of story!I just thought that people might like to know that you can't always trust the advice of those on here who claim to be financial experts! ;-)

HE.....unless you can enlighten me I don't recall ever having expressed taking pleasure in others genuine misfortune so until you can do so I'll ignore your inflammatory remark....and continue (this time) to enjoy the fact that someone who has the brass neck to post/brag about not getting £10k, or was it more? worth of shares was 'stiffed' and rejoice in the fact that the 'little guy' got what he/she/they wanted.

Maybe as you didn't get to tie up your £thousands you might like to consider investing it in a course of therapy to help you stop being an irritating git.

I'd love to chat but truth is I find your brand of constant whinging pessimism about everything far too depressing.

What on earth are you harping on about?  Seems to me you've completely lost the plot.  Whinging pessimism?  Where did that come from?  Seems to me you're suffering from some sort of fantasy lala land mental issue.  Read back and you'll see your crass post about 'loads a money' and no shares actually made me smile..........as did the fact that the 'little guy' got his/her shares.  So in complete contrast to your 'baseless' comment I'm very happy............you irritating mis-quoting bore.

Guest Had Enough
RogerC - 2013-10-12 3:21 PM
Had Enough - 2013-10-12 12:16 PM
RogerC - 2013-10-12 12:05 PM
Had Enough - 2013-10-12 11:09 AM
RogerC - 2013-10-11 6:44 PMSo pleasing to read someone who is so 'flush' has been stiffed..........it's made my day.  :-D
I'd already worked out from your previous contributions that you're the kind of person who takes pleasure in the misfortune of others. I'm just surprised that you're so stupid as to trumpet it!But you must try to keep up! No one got 'stiffed' as you so delicately call it. I applied for something, wasn't successful, end of story!I just thought that people might like to know that you can't always trust the advice of those on here who claim to be financial experts! ;-)

HE.....unless you can enlighten me I don't recall ever having expressed taking pleasure in others genuine misfortune so until you can do so I'll ignore your inflammatory remark....and continue (this time) to enjoy the fact that someone who has the brass neck to post/brag about not getting £10k, or was it more? worth of shares was 'stiffed' and rejoice in the fact that the 'little guy' got what he/she/they wanted.

Maybe as you didn't get to tie up your £thousands you might like to consider investing it in a course of therapy to help you stop being an irritating git.

I'd love to chat but truth is I find your brand of constant whinging pessimism about everything far too depressing.

What on earth are you harping on about?  Seems to me you've completely lost the plot.  Whinging pessimism?  Where did that come from?  Seems to me you're suffering from some sort of fantasy lala land mental issue.  Read back and you'll see your crass post about 'loads a money' and no shares actually made me smile..........as did the fact that the 'little guy' got his/her shares.  So in complete contrast to your 'baseless' comment I'm very happy............you irritating mis-quoting bore.

What an unpleasant and silly little man you are! You really ought to go back through some earlier threads and see your posts. You make Victor Meldrew seem like Mr. Happy!But as for your utterly stupid view on the little man winning out and your pleasure at those who tried to buy more being excluded, you really ought to give it more than three seconds thought!Do you really think that those applying for £10K or even twenty or thirty thousand pounds of RM shares are multi-millionaires? Do you really think that very rich people can be bothered with this kind of stuff?Most of those wanting to buy this kind of quantity will be just the sort of people who frequent this forum. The older generation with a bit of a hard-earned nest egg or the retiree with his lump sum invested at low rates of return.The people you're gloating about, you nasty jealous piece of work, are mainly ordinary folk and the fact that you're happy that they've been 'stiffed' just confirms my opinion of you.

Nor dogs, smokers, british vans, A frames, wild camping, generators.

But I think it will be o/k as OneFoot is out of the country. :D

What proves to me that Frank has a "problem" is that he regularly accuses others of EXACTLY the belligerent and obnoxious actions Frank is well known for.

For him this should be worrying behaviour.

But people with this condition do have very little insight.

He needs help.

Guest Peter James
donna miller - 2013-10-11 5:45 PM

Anybody else find it crass and uncouth when people brag about their finances in public?

Whether it was bragging I don't know. I notice the Best Man at Osborne's Wedding runs a Hedge Fund that made £50million profit on RM Shares. I guess he would rather keep that quiet than brag about it on here.

If Had Enough had posted before the offer closed it might have been relevant to say how many he had applied for as an indication of his confidence in RM Shares. Tool late posting it now with all the wisdom of hindsight though.

I think it funny that he tried (again) to belittle me by 'informing' me that when I indicated that the allocation would be £750 - Frank (Had Enough) came over all spluttering obsessive again and said his usual bile over the fact that £750 was stated as the minimum.

Which indeed it was.

But with the levels of oversubscription, we as advisers knew some time before that this minimum was going to be the maximum.

"Any member of the public who applied for shares up to and including applications of £10,000 will receive an allocation of 227 shares, equivalent to £749.10."

The trouble with poor old Frank is that he has to tell us that he has a razor sharp wit - because those that actually know him - are sadly aware that this is not actually the case.

8-)

Guest Had Enough
Peter James - 2013-10-13 9:38 AM

If Had Enough had posted before the offer closed it might have been relevant to say how many he had applied for as an indication of his confidence in RM Shares. Tool late posting it now with all the wisdom of hindsight though.

You may have noticed that this was the most successful and most over-subscribed offer in decades. Every financial institution wanted them as did thousands of ordinary investors. Why is this? It's because almost every financial advisor really worth his salt knows that with the massive increase in parcel traffic and with the benefit of a privatisation and greater efficiency the RM was a pretty safe bet!

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-13 8:21 AM

What proves to me that Frank has a "problem" is that he regularly accuses others of EXACTLY the belligerent and obnoxious actions Frank is well known for.

For him this should be worrying behaviour.

But people with this condition do have very little insight.

He needs help.

Oh dear, here you go again! ;-) When I begin coming on here and starting threads copied and pasted from Internet articles and try to persuade people that I have the financial papers (those boring 'pinks'!) delivered to my house, I'll start to worry.

When I feel that I have to exaggerate the size and importance of myself and my firm in order to boost my fragile ego, I'll start to worry!

When constantly trying to be a big important fish in a tiny, tiny little pool seems to be so terribly important to my self esteem, I'll start to worry!

But I see that you neatly sidestep the subject of this thread and your abject failure in giving good advice. You even thought (and don't try to deny it) that the maximum investment was only £750, when this was actually the minimum.

So what you are, is a man who is good at regurgitating other's opinions and advice but the one occasion I can remember when you're asked for specific advice i.e. 'Should I buy Royal mail shares' you get it totally wrong!

Perhaps you should actually read the 'pinks' properly in future? I made my decision on whether or not RM shares would be a safe buy just by reading the boring old 'black and whites'!

Egg on face time Clive I'm afraid. Don't worry though, you'll soon be able to post a few more learned articles about matters financial in order to make you feel wanted again. Mind you, like the last three no one will be interested! (lol) (lol)

Anyway, I was in a dilemma in that I wasn't sure what to do, chat on here with you or go and push needles in my testicles. Up to a few minutes ago I was definitely heading for the sewing box and then my Google calendar reminded me that I'm out for most of the day so I've been saved either of those unpleasant experiences! (lol) (lol) (lol) Cheerio! ;-)

No - it was because the price was significantly lower than it could have been.

As for parcels - what are you talking about Frank

RM has no monopoly in the parcels market.

They are going to have to up their game significantly to compete.

And as i said before - with the tax man bailing out RM for its Pension Black Hole, the Government has an effective seat at the table.

Still enjoy you £750's worth.

Now - was that a minimum or a maximum?

B-)

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-13 9:45 AM

But with the levels of oversubscription, we as advisers knew some time before that this minimum was going to be the maximum.

Of course you did Clive, we all believe you. ;-) I suppose that's why you didn't recommend them because as you said, there's going to be a reduction in snail mail! (lol) (lol)

Good try though! As someone else said, hindsight is a wonderful thing! ;-) really must dash! ;-)

Guest Had Enough
CliveH - 2013-10-13 10:06 AM

And as i said before - with the tax man bailing out RM for its Pension Black Hole, the Government has an effective seat at the table.

B-)

Once again Clive, you don't know what's going on! I didn't get any! Try to keep up there's a good boy!

Bugger, now I'm late, must stop this! ;-)

Frank - you just can not help yourself

You now say:-

"So what you are, is a man who is good at regurgitating other's opinions and advice but the one occasion I can remember when you're asked for specific advice i.e. 'Should I buy Royal mail shares' you get it totally wrong!"

Whereas far from getting anything wrong - what i actually said was this:-

"I have looked at it and decided not to bother. It is oversubscribed tho' so others think it worthwhile.

I suspect it is down to individual attitude to risk and reward.

My take is that the thing only became viable when the Royal Mail pension black hole was taken over by Government. Which whilst of dubious value to the taxpayer is obviously of enormous value to future RM Shareholders.

But this has the unfortunate knock on effect of keeping the Government at the table.

But the biggest issue is the simple one that transactions on the whole no longer require snail mail.

So RM needs to move and move significantly faster than it has demonstrated that it has so far been able to.

So overal I see it as bit of a Curettes egg - but with more bad than good."

Which I would say neither advocates nor dismisses them - i state it is both good and bad, and that it is down to the individuals attitude to risk.

I fail to see how this is getting it "totally wrong".

I will leave others to decide as to what is happening here.

But to my mind - you have more twists and turns than a stick of liquorice, you regularly spin words and meanings in a way that would make Alistair Campbell proud. And you do this as an obsessive stalker.

I say again - you need help.

This latest manipulation and spin from you simply underlines that fact.

:-S

Had Enough - 2013-10-13 10:09 AM

CliveH - 2013-10-13 10:06 AM

B-)

Once again Clive, you don't know what's going on! I didn't get any! Try to keep up there's a good boy!

Bugger, now I'm late, must stop this! ;-)

So you say on both counts - sadly you word is hardly that of a gentleman.

Guest Peter James

Royal Mail are a waste of time.

In the past month all Ive had is gas bills and JUNK from the likes of sky and virgin media

Whenever i get anything worth receiving - like a new blow-up doll, a bottle of liquid fluoxetine or an expensive American self-help DVD on how to pick up women - then its always delivered by another courier

HE.....I wasn't gloating about or over 'everyone'.......just you and your failure.  There are those who I feel were deserving of more than the allowed share issue whom I would feel a little sorry for but as you are so rude and arrogant it was you and only you not getting any shares that made my day.

Please don't try to expand (or falsify) my comments to become all inclusive because the comment made originally was quite specifically aimed at you and only you.  Incidentally I have an inbuilt aversion/dislike of arrogant bores....and funnily enough that IMO describes you perfectly from reading your bile.  In addition it seems that you are still of the primary school playground mindset with your name calling.......... Now please sod off, it was much nicer here when you were not posting.

Guest Had Enough
RogerC - 2013-10-13 4:30 PMHE.....I wasn't gloating about or over 'everyone'.......just you and your failure.  There are those who I feel were deserving of more than the allowed share issue whom I would feel a little sorry for but as you are so rude and arrogant it was you and only you not getting any shares that made my day.

Please don't try to expand (or falsify) my comments to become all inclusive because the comment made originally was quite specifically aimed at you and only you.  Incidentally I have an inbuilt aversion/dislike of arrogant bores....and funnily enough that IMO describes you perfectly from reading your bile.  In addition it seems that you are still of the primary school playground mindset with your name calling.......... Now please sod off, it was much nicer here when you were not posting.

Aw, I'm hurt! And leave Clive out of this. I know he's boring but he can't help it! (lol) Ps, you could teach any of us about bile! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
RogerC - 2013-10-12 12:05 PMMaybe as you didn't get to tie up your £thousands you might like to consider investing it in a course of therapy to help you stop being an irritating git.

Will 10k be enough? :-S............ (lol)

pelmetman - 2013-10-13 6:24 PM
RogerC - 2013-10-12 12:05 PMMaybe as you didn't get to tie up your £thousands you might like to consider investing it in a course of therapy to help you stop being an irritating git.

I doubt it - not even for the man who thinks he has everything - well almost everything - for buying the impossible - but that sort of miracle would be beyond priceless!We could have a whip round, or maybe suggest possible tutors!

Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2013-10-13 7:12 PM
pelmetman - 2013-10-13 6:24 PM

I doubt it - not even for the man who thinks he has everything - well almost everything - for buying the impossible - but that sort of miracle would be beyond priceless!We could have a whip round, or maybe suggest possible tutors!
One thing's for sure Richard. If there's ever a whip round for anything you'll find an excuse to nip to the bog! (lol) (lol)

Archived