ELDDIS AUTOQUEST 2010 ALLOY CORROSION AND WOOD ROT

coombsmk2

Apart from van conversions the only two motorhomes that I never had a problem with, either build quality or base chassis were "A" class Hymers built on Mercs. Never once did I have to return to the supplying dealers with any problem. If anyone is contemplating buying a bomb proof design then a Hymer is the one to go for.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
rolandrat - 2013-12-14 7:00 PM

Apart from van conversions the only two motorhomes that I never had a problem with, either build quality or base chassis were "A" class Hymers built on Mercs. Never once did I have to return to the supplying dealers with any problem. If anyone is contemplating buying a bomb proof design then a Hymer is the one to go for.

Cue .............Someone with a dodgy Hymer? :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
pelmetman - 2013-12-14 7:06 PM

:D :D

Guest JudgeMental
1footinthegrave - 2013-12-14 6:32 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-12-14 2:54 PM

Yawn.....Sounds like your still trying to convince yourself with the usual pathetic excuses....anyone with half a brain on here drives European vans

And true to form, full of poisonousness jibes, and your usual sympathy for someone finding themselves with a problem, and if that's not enough, rubbing the salt in the wound as well, I'll bet it's made your day to read of this blokes problems. Why don't you tell us about your worsening health issues, we'll do " a Judgemental" and all have good laugh about them while we're at it (!)

You really are a scumbag you nasty little man.....the irony being with your German this and German that, the war, spitfires, Churchill, and other utter rubbish, you have more in common with the nazis than anyone on here!lol stay away from me you lowlife.

Guest 1footinthegrave
JudgeMental - 2013-12-14 7:29 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-14 6:32 PM

Yawn.....Sounds like your still trying to convince yourself with the usual pathetic excuses....anyone with half a brain on here drives European vans

And true to form, full of poisonousness jibes, and your usual sympathy for someone finding themselves with a problem, and if that's not enough, rubbing the salt in the wound as well, I'll bet it's made your day to read of this blokes problems. Why don't you tell us about your worsening health issues, we'll do " a Judgemental" and all have good laugh about them while we're at it (!)

You really are a scumbag you nasty little man.....the irony being with your German this and German that, the war, spitfires, Churchill, and other utter rubbish, you have more in common with the nazis than anyone on here!lol stay away from me you lowlife.

So do you or don't you have some sympathy with the bloke,or just bask in the pleasure of effectively calling him an idiot for buying a British van, if that's not nasty I'm not quite sure what is, never heard the phrase don't kick someone when the're down eh.

By the way it's always you banging the all things German drum, NOT ME

Guest pelmetman
Airstream - 2013-12-14 7:52 PM

Hi,

Six Hymers no problems - well a scratched roof light and a faulty water gauge - one Swift countless problems and return to factory to resolve water ingress

Would I buy British ? only with someone else's money

Ray

6 Hymers and a Swift 8-)..................have you found the ultimate campervan Nirvana?........or do you just like spending money :-S..............

PS.........Don't Google Hymer damp problems ;-).......

You may not like facts but the Hymers were great and the Swift is crap what more can I say other than what I experienced

No BS or war stories or comments from folk who have not experienced modern British quality

Put your money where your mouth is and buy a new van

Good Luck

Ray

Guest pelmetman
Airstream - 2013-12-14 9:13 PM

You may not like facts but the Hymers were great and the Swift is crap what more can I say other than what I experienced

No BS or war stories or comments from folk who have not experienced modern British quality

Good Luck

Ray

Or keep an old one for 20 years :D.......

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2013-12-14 10:21 PM

pepe63 - 2013-12-14 4:35 PM

Jeeez!..You wouldn't repair a garden shed like that! ... *-)

from http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/review/motorhome/2010-elddis-autoquest-180

a true feat of engineering. ......Solidly built,

:-S

Nice link Peter ;-)..........................Just shows how the trade can polish a t*rd :D.................

pelmetman - 2013-12-14 10:35 PM
Airstream - 2013-12-14 9:13 PMYou may not like facts but the Hymers were great and the Swift is crap what more can I say other than what I experienced No BS or war stories or comments from folk who have not experienced modern British qualityPut your money where your mouth is and buy a new van Good LuckRay
Or keep an old one for 20 years :D.......

Know what you mean, built in 1993, No leaks, can't rot and the tin worm is still dormant, better still it is better featured than many new vans, and will run in the winter with nil battery drain. on the other hand you could say that about Hymers built in 1985!

pepe63 - 2013-12-14 4:35 PMJeeez!..You wouldn't repair a garden shed like that! ... *-)

Ah but if you built a metal shed, added the goodies from the Truma catalogue and some sofas from Furniture World.................................. Your test report should read

" Solid, well equipped, furnished in traditional taste". They can then cut and paste 5 column inch on the Fiat Ducato 2.3, 130cv from last weeks edition and a few photos out of the Caravan Club press pack.

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-14 7:21 PM

pelmetman - 2013-12-14 7:06 PM

:D :D

OK. I have mentioned this before but the worst van I ever had was a hymer. Last four vans UK built and guess what, not a single leak, great px prices. The only problem I have had was a fridge not working on gas after two years, blocked jet.

Guest 1footinthegrave
rupert123 - 2013-12-15 11:30 AM

Half a brain about right I guess, for euro van drivers. You said it.

Well spotted Henry :D

As Blakey would have said, "That's made my day that has " :D

now must nip back out I've found one of those pretty Ewes to go and worry...............that'll make his day. ;-)

It seems the OP may be a bit of a "hit and run" as he seems not to have returned.

Even so, his string survived just under one page before the usual squabble over continental vs UK build quality arose, and then turned into the usual bitchfest - which aids the OP how, exactly, may I ask? I despair. Really. :-(

Guest 1footinthegrave
Brian Kirby - 2013-12-15 3:25 PM

It seems the OP may be a bit of a "hit and run" as he seems not to have returned.

Even so, his string survived just under one page before the usual squabble over continental vs UK build quality arose, and then turned into the usual bitchfest - which aids the OP how, exactly, may I ask? I despair. Really. :-(

He might have gone off and took the advice you gave the other bloke ;-) buy a caravan. (!)

But in case you missed it I've had a go at one or two posts from folk showing not the least bit of sympathy for his plight..............I'm not all bad. ;-)

Airstream - 2013-12-14 9:13 PM

Good Luck

Ray

I did, and I have ? Autotrail, Gel-cracks, Truma Boiler problems, other than that, Happy with my choice. Ray (another one).

As for the 'Bitchfest' think we are all getting 'Cabin fever'. Think our OP was a 'One post wonder'.

Ah well that's another thread sabotaged by extreme nastiness from the usual suspects , sadly.

I hope he gets it sorted, as it's a bloody disgrace to expect people to pay a lot of money for a product that seems to have been designed by a complete idiot with no basic knowledge of good engineering practice at all. Unbelievable and supremely arrogant to expect no-one to notice it eventually. Well spotted Brian.

I wouldn't fix it myself as it's clearly unfit for purpose, if I did I'd send the supplying dealer a bill for my labours.

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-15 3:34 PM

Brian Kirby - 2013-12-15 3:25 PM

He might have gone off and took the advice you gave the other bloke ;-) buy a caravan. (!)

But in case you missed it I've had a go at one or two posts from folk showing not the least bit of sympathy for his plight..............I'm not all bad. ;-)

That made me laugh. (lol) (lol)

peter - 2013-12-15 8:58 PM

Ah well that's another thread sabotaged by extreme nastiness from the usual suspects , sadly.

I hope he gets it sorted, as it's a bloody disgrace to expect people to pay a lot of money for a product that seems to have been designed by a complete idiot with no basic knowledge of good engineering practice at all. Unbelievable and supremely arrogant to expect no-one to notice it eventually. Well spotted Brian.

I wouldn't fix it myself as it's clearly unfit for purpose, if I did I'd send the supplying dealer a bill for my labours.

Taken from Elddis web site it looks like the customers design the vans :-D

"Once we have decided our product strategy, we create a Customer-led detailed design brief for each and every model."

http://www.elddis.co.uk/why-choose-elddis/design-and-development

Dave

johnnerontheroad - 2013-12-15 9:08 PM

"Once we have decided our product strategy, we create a Customer-led detailed design brief for each and every model."

Dave

Cheaper than employing designers who know what they are doing. :D

lennyhb - 2013-12-15 9:24 PM

johnnerontheroad - 2013-12-15 9:08 PM

Dave

Cheaper than employing designers who know what they are doing. :D

and it's the customer fault when it all goes t*ts up.

Dave

Archived