Maybe its not a myth?...............

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if the crooks had a harp, I used to love the harp but now find it quite a course sound and hard to listen to. Wonder if this is because as we get older our heariing range is limited and so missing a lot of the higher frequencies and harmonics. But then I am not allowed to think outside the box as to why I find displeasing these days.

edit - forgot the link.

Brambles - 2014-09-14 11:03 AM

Colin, Maybe Liebestraum was used. As you imply and has been shown ... it can send people to sleep that proves it must have been used.

Ah!!! but the important bit, Jon, is that it was Brahms AND Liszt that was used! [pi**ed -- geddit?]

Sorry about the Cockney 'Rhyming Slang'!

Colin.

pelmetman - 2014-09-14 11:25 AM

Or Classical Gas :D..................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yCitBvhB4c

You obviously don't need the rest of us to reply to you -- seems like you are quite happy producing interminable repetitive posts and talking to yourself.......................

As with frank, I don't feel the need to answer your posts anymore............ZZZZZZZ............

C.

Guest pelmetman
Symbol Owner - 2014-09-14 11:49 AM

As with frank, I don't feel the need to answer your posts anymore............ZZZZZZZ............

C.

But you just did(lol).................

Brambles - 2014-09-14 1:41 PM

I did get it Colin, but the missing link...hmmm! someone sent me to sleep with their posts ( naming no names because it could have been the music) and someone clearly stole the link.

I thnk I have found it though ....

Thanks for the link, Jon --sorry to have doubted that you would get my unsubtle reference!

I, too, have found the classical harp ( and harpsichord, which I used to love) difficult to listen to -- I agree with you, older ears can find the upper partials difficult.

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. I share your thoughts about impending Scots independence -- c.f. 'Chatterbox'

C.

Guest pelmetman
Brambles - 2014-09-14 1:46 PM

As there is a trend to have political statements in the signature of posts was thinkling of adding this.

Love Scotland, dream of independence, don't want to wake up and find it's real.

Have a brave heart Jon ;-)................

But I fear like many of the older generation :-|............You really prefer the same old tunes............thus you'll vote for Status Quo *-)............

Its called the......................... safety dance (lol)..............

Bit like doing the highland fling................ but with zimmer frames >:-)..........

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-09-13 8:33 PM

The same applies to Pelmetman. I will never respond to him again

Progress eh? :D.................

Guest pelmetman

Thought I'd amend my earlier thesis with some empirical evidence, on how CO will expand equally in a confined space..............

Taking the skeptics view one at a time...........

1. The RCoA state it would be impossible and in their opinion prohibitively expensive, to use any of the gases currently used in anesthesia.............

With the exception of hippy crack AKA laughing gas I would agree, besides CO appears to be the current method of choice, and as the RCoA state CO is not a anesthetic so is outside their their field of experience....

2. Impossible to fill a camper with gas?...........

Air is a gas ..................and CO will expand to fill a given space **equally**, naturally at point of entry concentrations will be higher.

Empirical evidence to support my theory as follows........

OBJECTIVES:

It was the goal of this study to demonstrate the behavior of CO in air and to help provide a data-based recommendation for CO alarm placement.

METHODS:

CO was calculated to be slightly lighter than air. An 8-foot-tall airtight Plexiglas chamber was constructed and CO monitors placed within at the top, middle, and bottom. CO test gas (15 L, 3000 parts per million) was infused at each of the three heights in different trials and CO levels measured over time.

RESULTS:

***********Contrary to a significant amount of public opinion, CO did not layer on the floor, float at the middle of the chamber, or rise to the top. In each case, the levels of CO equalized throughout the test chamber.************* It took longer to equalize when CO was infused at the top of the chamber than the bottom, but levels always became identical with time.

CONCLUSIONS:

As would have been predicted by the Second Law of Thermodynamics, CO infused anywhere within the chamber diffused until it was of equal concentration throughout. Mixing would be even faster in the home environment, with drafts due to motion or temperature. It would be reasonable to place a residential CO alarm at any height within the room.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

3. Lack of dead bodies?.............

Given that the victims exposure to any incapacitate would be limited to minutes, and the source of gas/fumes would be removed prior to entry, plus the immediate reduction in toxic atmosphere as soon as the thieves gain access.

Its not surprising that no one has yet died, although that said I would also suggest so far they have been lucky by not targeting anyone with a medical condition ..............

4. Too much of a risk for the thieves?.............

The argument that the thieves wouldn't risk a murder charge, is like saying people wont commit crimes as they risk going to prison? .............Looking at it from a tea leafs point of view, his greatest unknown and "risk" is when he breaks into a camper...... unless he/she has been following them they're unlikely to know whether there's a couple of old codgers on board, or a family of 6 as in the Chadwick's robbery.

Hence the use of some means to incapacitate the occupants would make total sense, and in the balance of probabilities they know their chances of getting caught at the scene is remote, and if they were........ then the EU soft justice system, would at worse case scenario see them getting done for the much lesser charge of manslaughter........

5. Lack of medical evidence?.........

Up until recently there was only the anecdotal evidence of the symptoms suffered by the victims, which are the same for those who have suffered a CO overdose ...............The Chadwick's incident has shown that CO was used..........because they were given "blood tests that proved positive for CO poisoning", and subsequently given oxygen by the French medical staff..........

6. How do they do it?.............

This is the interesting bit................. I know from my own experience with the CO alarm going off, whilst just being parked next to a vehicle undergoing diagnostics, that pumping a bit of CO through an open window or vent would be a simple matter......

Engine noise?..............on a service area is not unusual ...........

Exhaust smell?............a filter would again be simple enough to add to a bit of hose ..............

Alternatively there are other simple methods of generating CO, as Teflon2 pointed one out to me the other day.

7. Insurance scam?............

Its frequently said by the skeptics that claiming to be gassed is a method to ensure payout ..........

Seeing as insurance companies payout regardless of whether gas was used seems a pointless exercise to me, especially when they can expect nothing but abuse from their fellow moho owners ........

8. Alternative theory's?..........

The skeptics have tried various alternative reasons why people would sleep through their camper being robbed..............from tiredness..... too much drink.......fridge failure prior to robbery..........heavy smokers ...............unfortunately none more plausible than the use of a incapacitate in my view...........especially as we now have 4 reported incidents in 2 months ........

Guest Had Enough
Symbol Owner - 2014-09-15 11:37 AM

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moderators.............Lock this thread up once and for all -- just as you did with the previous one on this mythical topic!

Thanks in advance,

Colin.

But such is his ego and such is his obsession never to be seen to be wrong that he'll just start another thread immediately. Twice now we've seen him resurrect it when it's clear that he's being ignored and it's slipping down the page.

You should do as I said earlier, completely ignore him. He will then do what he did yesterday, which is post about ten times without anyone responding. He's a bit like an imbecile sitting in a corner muttering to himself all day. Just let him carry on but don't respond. Response is what he craves.

Of course I didn't mean to say that he's only a bit like an imbecile! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-09-15 11:50 AM

Symbol Owner - 2014-09-15 11:37 AM

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moderators.............Lock this thread up once and for all -- just as you did with the previous one on this mythical topic!

Thanks in advance,

Colin.

But such is his ego and such is his obsession never to be seen to be wrong that he'll just start another thread immediately. Twice now we've seen him resurrect it when it's clear that he's being ignored and it's slipping down the page.

You should do as I said earlier, completely ignore him. He will then do what he did yesterday, which is post about ten times without anyone responding. He's a bit like an imbecile sitting in a corner muttering to himself all day. Just let him carry on but don't respond. Response is what he craves.

Of course I didn't mean to say that he's only a bit like an imbecile! ;-)

Oh dear the skeptics really don't like their "gassing is impossible" theories being trashed ..............seems like the village idiot has made them look like a bunch of fools(lol) (lol) (lol)..................

BTW freeze it if you like *-)................but Franks right as soon as another incident occurs I'll flag it up :D...............Plus I intend to provide a public service by keeping this thread going..................So newbies can make up their own mind B-)..................

Best you skeptics get that petition going to have me banned >:-)..............

Guest pelmetman
donna miller - 2014-09-15 6:11 PM

FFS. If you believe all this gassing crap then sleep with the feckin extractor fan on all night. *-)

2 months, 4 incidents, 16 victims who said they were gassed ;-)............

Why don't you confront them if you really believe its a myth Donna ;-)...................I can let you have the Chadwicks FB address if you like? >:-)........

Perhaps the very best all of us could hope for is to hear of a motorhomer driving an old nail of a Ford being the very first gassing victim where they got the dosage completely wrong and overdid it big time, the beauty of that would be no one would hear from him again, but he'd be happy at last, his epitaph would be " see I told you so "

donna miller - 2014-09-15 6:11 PM

FFS. If you believe all this gassing crap then sleep with the feckin extractor fan on all night. *-)

I am afraid that it is no good, Donna, he's beyond help -- seriously deluded -- several of us are avoiding him from now on -- very sad --perhaps we should have seen his serious decline coming -- lack of rational thought, etc.etc. :-(

Who'd have thought it? ;-)

Cheers,

Colin.

Joe90 - 2014-09-15 6:33 PM

Perhaps the very best all of us could hope for is to hear of a motorhomer driving an old nail of a Ford being the very first gassing victim where they got the dosage completely wrong and overdid it big time, the beauty of that would be no one would hear from him again, but he'd be happy at last, his epitaph would be " see I told you so "

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2014-09-15 6:40 PM

Joe90 - 2014-09-15 6:33 PM

:D................At least I'm flushing out all the skeptics ;-)...........

Had Enough, Brian Kirby, Symbol Owner, Brambles, Donna, Pepe, Madge G, Robinhood.........Have I forgot anyone? :-S..................Oh yeah..........Joe90 or is it 1foot or who ever you've been in between (lol) (lol)

Then there's ones sat on the fence like Tracker and a few others ;-)...............

Me?.............I'm definitely veering towards the dark side based on my googling :D............As it appears much of the skeptics knowledge is based on................Myths >:-).............

Archived