Maybe its not a myth?...............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-09-15 7:52 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-15 7:03 PM

Then there's ones sat on the fence like Tracker and a few others ;-)...............

.....[/quote

Another name for " sitting on the fence " is keeping an open mind.

You should try it.

;-)

I did until I started digging a hole Malc ;-)..................and then I found all the skeptics in it (lol)............

Not to mention the invective that have been dished out to the 16 victims of a crime *-).............strikes me that some on here wont be convinced until they read about a few dead bodies 8-)..................they remind of that old woman sat at the gallows knitting :-|..................this forum should at the very least until there is ACTUAL evidence................be pointing out that these crimes are happening..............whether the feckin skeptics like it or not >:-(.................

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2014-09-15 8:21 PM

...............this forum should at the very least until there is ACTUAL evidence................be pointing out that these crimes are happening..............whether the feckin skeptics like it or not >:-(.................

I don't think anyone is questioning that " crimes are happening " - it's the methods used that are being questioned.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2014-09-15 8:42 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-15 8:21 PM

...............this forum should at the very least until there is ACTUAL evidence................be pointing out that these crimes are happening..............whether the feckin skeptics like it or not >:-(.................

I don't think anyone is questioning that " crimes are happening " - it's the methods used that are being questioned.

;-)

Totally agree Malc ;-)...................but then I started to research the skeptics view/opinion *-)..................and discovered that much of what they purport as fact is...........in fact cobblers :-|.................

As its all based on bias opinion..........."not".............evidence *-)..............

I maybe the village idiot but I ain't as dumb as the sum of the skeptics.............added together >:-).......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman

Over 12000 views now B-)...............

I would like to think this thread has stopped at least a few people from becoming victims, by them avoiding motorway aires whether they believe the skeptics or the heretic ;-).............

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 8:53 PM

a) Over 12000 views now B-)....

b) I would like to think...............

a) But it's what's going through peoples' minds, whilst they are viewing it that counts .

( your, watching-yourself-on- the-toilet thread has close on 290 views, yet only 10 response( 3 of which were you).So what do you think was going through the minds of those others that viewed?..if they were that impressed/amused/entertained, then surely more would've responded?

b)..Yes, we'd like you to do a bit more of that from time to time ...

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-09-30 9:14 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 8:53 PM

a) Over 12000 views now B-)....

b) I would like to think...............

a) But it's what's going through peoples' minds, whilst they are viewing it that counts .

( your, watching-yourself-on- the-toilet thread has close on 290 views, yet only 10 response( 3 of which were you).So what do you think was going through the minds of those others that viewed?..if they were that impressed/amused/entertained, then surely more would've responded?

b)..Yes, we'd like you to do a bit more of that from time to time ...

c) You assume it bothers me what people think ;-)...................

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-09-30 9:37 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 9:25 PM

c) You assume it bothers me what people think ;-)...................

Based on the amount of infantile, attention seeking tripe that you post on here, I can't imagine anyone would "assume" that...

Tut tut Pepe *-).................

You need to get out more ;-)....................broaden your horizons :D....................There's a big world out there B-)...............

I've seen a lot of it................and from my observations the views of most of its occupants are far narrower than mine :-|................

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 9:53 PM

............There's a big world out there B-)...............

I've seen a lot of it...........................

Yes, indeed you have, which makes you spending so much time on here and starting such threads as the one about watching yourself "gurning" ,whilst on the toilet, even more ridiculous...

pelmetman - 2014-09-15 8:54 PM

I maybe the village idiot but I ain't as dumb as the sum of the skeptics.............added together >:-).......

You are wasting your time Dave preaching at the unconvertable.

Whatever the truth about these robberies might be I think the insults and crap being hurled at you by allegedly intelligent people is a disgrace and that any publicity that makes the naive believe that a robbery can't happen to them has to be a good thing.

So well done for taking all the flak with such good humour - well mostly!

Meanwhile I find the fence very comfortable to sit on as I can clearly see both sides of it!

pepe63 - 2014-09-30 10:11 PM

Yes, indeed you have, which makes you spending so much time on here and starting such threads as the one about watching yourself "gurning" ,whilst on the toilet, even more ridiculous...

But they still seem to grab your attention enough for you to keep reading and commenting and with so many uptight folk on this forum anything that promotes a smile has to be good.

That said, even I did find the topic a bit odd and it should really have been on chatterbox - even though it could be said to be directly related to an important motorhome issue!

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-09-30 10:11 PM

pelmetman - 2014-09-30 9:53 PM

............There's a big world out there B-)...............

I've seen a lot of it...........................

Oh dear Pepe.............You really have the hump dont you *-)..................This thread is about folk who claimed they were gassed and robbed ;-)...................and folk like you labeled them drunks, insurance fraudsters or thicko's 8-)................

I went through your so called theories with an open mind ;-)................and it appears the heretic discovered the flaws in your rhetoric (lol).................

Thus the village idiot has made a fool of you skeptics..................dam that must be annoying >:-)...............

Guest pelmetman

Back by popular demand :D.................

Taking the skeptics view one at a time...........

1. The RCoA state it would be impossible and in their opinion prohibitively expensive, to use any of the gases currently used in anesthesia.............

With the exception of hippy crack AKA laughing gas I would agree, besides CO appears to be the current method of choice, and as the RCoA email states CO is not a anesthetic so is outside their remit

So the constant waving of the original RCoA opinion, in articles where CO is suspected is nothing more than a red herring.

"Thank you for your recent email concerning The Daily Mirror article. However, it appears to have given rise to some misunderstanding.

Although the article identifies in the headline that it refers to exhaust fumes, it then goes on to quote from a statement on the Royal College of Anaesthetists' (RCoA) website (http://www.rcoa.ac.uk/news-and-bulletin/rcoa-news-and-statements/statement-alleged-gassing-motor-vehicles). Exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide, which is a poison, and is never used in anaesthetic practice. The RCoA statement refers specifically to actual or potential anaesthetic agents as follows:

'It is the view of the College that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious by blowing ether, chloroform or any of the currently used volatile anaesthetic agents, through the window of a motor-home without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time. Ether is an extremely pungent agent and a relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect on the air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a cloth, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray administered directly into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days and would be obvious to anyone the next day. Even the more powerful modern volatile agents would need to be delivered in tankerloads of carrier gas by a large compressor. Potential agents, such as the one used by the Russians in the Moscow siege are few in number and difficult to obtain. Moreover, these drugs would be too expensive for the average thief to use'.

I hope this clarifies the situation and the RCoA will be asking The Daily Mirror for a correction.

Kind regards,

Mrs Mandie Kelly

Website and Publications Officer

Communications Department

Clinical Quality Directorate

The Royal College of Anaesthetists | 35 Red Lion Square | London WC1R 4SG

ANAESTHESIA CLINICAL SERVICES ACCREDITATION (ACSA)"

2. Impossible to fill a camper with gas?...........

Air is a gas ..................and CO will expand to fill a given space **equally**, naturally at point of entry concentrations will be higher.

Empirical evidence to support my theory as follows........

OBJECTIVES:

It was the goal of this study to demonstrate the behavior of CO in air and to help provide a data-based recommendation for CO alarm placement.

METHODS:

CO was calculated to be slightly lighter than air. An 8-foot-tall airtight Plexiglas chamber was constructed and CO monitors placed within at the top, middle, and bottom. CO test gas (15 L, 3000 parts per million) was infused at each of the three heights in different trials and CO levels measured over time.

RESULTS:

***********Contrary to a significant amount of public opinion, CO did not layer on the floor, float at the middle of the chamber, or rise to the top. In each case, the levels of CO equalized throughout the test chamber.************* It took longer to equalize when CO was infused at the top of the chamber than the bottom, but levels always became identical with time.

CONCLUSIONS:

As would have been predicted by the Second Law of Thermodynamics, CO infused anywhere within the chamber diffused until it was of equal concentration throughout. Mixing would be even faster in the home environment, with drafts due to motion or temperature. It would be reasonable to place a residential CO alarm at any height within the room.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

3. Lack of dead bodies?.............

Given that the victims exposure to any incapacitate would be limited to minutes, and the source of gas/fumes would be removed prior to entry, plus the immediate reduction in toxic atmosphere as soon as the thieves gain access.

Its not surprising that no one has yet died, although that said I would also suggest so far they have been lucky by not targeting anyone with a medical condition ..............

4. Too much of a risk for the thieves?.............

The argument that the thieves wouldn't risk a murder charge, is like saying people wont commit crimes as they risk going to prison? .............Looking at it from a tea leafs point of view, his greatest unknown and "risk" is when he breaks into a camper...... unless he/she has been following them they're unlikely to know whether there's a couple of old codgers on board, or a family of 6 as in the Chadwick's robbery.

Hence the use of some means to incapacitate the occupants would make total sense, and in the balance of probabilities they know their chances of getting caught at the scene is remote, and if they were........ then the EU soft justice system, would at worse case scenario see them getting done for the much lesser charge of manslaughter........

5. Lack of medical evidence?.........

Up until recently there was only the anecdotal evidence of the symptoms suffered by the victims, which are the same for those who have suffered a CO overdose ...............The Chadwick's incident has shown that CO was used..........because they were given "blood tests that proved positive for CO poisoning", and subsequently given oxygen by the French medical staff..........

6. How do they do it?.............

This is the interesting bit................. I know from my own experience with the CO alarm going off, whilst just being parked next to a vehicle undergoing diagnostics, that pumping a bit of CO through an open window or vent would be a simple matter......

Engine noise?..............on a service area is not unusual ...........

Exhaust smell?............a filter would again be simple enough to add to a bit of hose ..............

Alternatively there are other simple methods of generating CO, as Teflon2 pointed one out to me the other day.

7. Insurance scam?............

Its frequently said by the skeptics that claiming to be gassed is a method to ensure payout ..........

Seeing as insurance companies payout regardless of whether gas was used seems a pointless exercise to me, especially when they can expect nothing but abuse from their fellow moho owners ........

8. Alternative theory's?..........

The skeptics have tried various alternative reasons why people would sleep through their camper being robbed..............from tiredness..... too much drink.......fridge failure prior to robbery..........heavy smokers ...............unfortunately none more plausible than the use of a incapacitate in my view...........especially as we now have 4 reported incidents in 2 months ........

So newbies you have a choice between my reasoned arguments, backed up by empirical evidence, the French Police, medical evidence and 16 victims ;-)..............

Or the bluff & bluster of the skeptics :D.........

We think that maybe we were gassed in Germany two weeks ago. Terrible it was, we were both retching and puking.

Then we realised we were parked up next to someone with a SOG, and to make matters worse he had attached to the rear of his van horror of horrors...........a car on an A Frame and was also running his generator at 11 O'clock at night. (lol)

peter - 2014-10-03 8:55 PM

Then we realised we were parked up next to someone with a SOG, and to make matters worse he had attached to the rear of his van horror of horrors...........a car on an A Frame and was also running his generator at 11 O'clock at night. (lol)

Try using a good free Stellplatz instead of a crowded and expensive site Peter as you get a better class of Wohnmobile user!

• 10 months later...
Guest pelmetman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3187384/Jenson-Button-wife-Jessica-gassed-burglars-steal-300k-worth-belongings.html

No doubt he was tired after a long day driving, or maybe they'd had too many sherbets :-S ..........

Unless......No! .......Surely not!...........Its an insurance scam 8-) ............

I wonder what the Royal College of Anesthetist view is? ;-) .............

:D :D (lol) ...........

Guest Joe90

In the same paper it was reported Cilla Black had seen ghosts, and received little messages from her dead spouse............................that surely proves there is an afterlife as well, >:-)

Me, I'd sooner wait until one of these ghosts are caught red handed in the act, complete with their white sheet.

;-)

At least, with him being a F1 driver (and not just a member of a family of 10, holidaying/kipping in a folding camper in a service area), this team (McLaren?), will insist on a full toxicology report....

It should also be interesting when/if the police release the *CCTV footage of the scallies("gang"?) pulling up in the gas tanker and/or lugging the cylinders up onto the roof.....

(*I'd like to think that, considering who is he, what he does for a living, his level of wealth etc...and where he was(St Tropez?, there'd be some degree of security camera coverage....?)

Archived