Dash Cam pays for itself many times over.

Guest Had Enough

Had Enough - 2015-02-08 3:24 PM

antony1969 - 2015-02-08 2:59 PM

Gwo up Fwankie ... It's not a biggie in the scheme of things is it ? ... You can choose to ignore like others do but if truths told you like the attention

I always know when you're getting annoyed as you start with the baby talk! I just thank God that you're not into me as you are to Pelmet, with telling him how much you'll miss him and adding those little kisses on to your posts. I'd be a bit worried if I had a man doing that to me!

But as for choosing to ignore, why didn't you ignore my original post? You have nothing to say about the subject. I think you just crave the attention.

Once more, read what 747, one of your chums from Fruitcakes has to say. But you won't learn, your obsession is almost psychotic. You need help I'm afraid.

If there's anything I can do to stop this constant dreaming about me I'll be happy to help, for all our sakes.

Try to keep cool Antwony.

I've got an excuse for my stupidity Fwankie remember ... I'm a moron , idiot , I'm thick and have the intelligence of a goldfish ... What's your excuse ? You are remember of superior wealth and intelligence than most on here yet act as you do and allow yourself to get wound up so quickly

As for you not not caring for my obvious man on man affection for Dave it looks to me like a very homophobic attitude you have ... Bigot !!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
antony1969 - 2015-02-08 3:47 PM

I've got an excuse for my stupidity Fwankie remember ... I'm a moron , idiot , I'm thick and have the intelligence of a goldfish ...

At last, a sensible post from you. Keep it up.

Ps

1134350857_Boredwithfools..gif.127b8cf421af046b67281b5414aca7ef.gif

rolling r - 2015-02-08 12:59 PM

Hi All. I have bought a Mobius Action Cam £50-60 it can be seen on

Youtube Techmoan it has no screen play back on pc or tablet but it is

good in every way.Just check it out. :-D

We have two of these, one for the car and one for the MH (when we pick it up on Tuesday). You don't have a screen but there is setup software for Windows and Mac. Also the firmware is still being updated, you can find all the information on this thread: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559&highlight=mobius+camera plenty of help on that forum for the camera.

Guest pelmetman

Missed a humdinger here :D ...............Although the moral of the story appears to be :-| ........

Beware buying Hymer Behemoth juggernaut (De Luxe) as they can be seriously damaged by a traffic cone at a walking pace 8-) .............

Unless it got caught in Franks ego (lol) ................Or maybe that's what the workman was waving through and took his eye off Franks behemoth :D .....

Had Enough - 2015-02-06 3:17 PM

On my first trip out in my new Hymer Behemoth Juggernaut (De Luxe) I had a nasty little accident.

A steep hill leading from my home was being resurfaced and there was a pinch point where exposed ironworks meant the road had to be narrowed. It was barely wide enough for my 'van and I noticed a dirty upturned cone lying in the gutter on the right.

I stopped, pointed to this cone and asked, using exaggerated lip movements, as the workman couldn't hear me, to have the cone removed.

He shrugged his shoulders and waved me through after he'd spread his arms out wide in the universal gesture that signifies: "Come on mate, you can get a bus through sideways."

So we progressed slowly and needless to say, my rear tyre caught this old cone and shoved it up into the wheel arch where it caused a lot of damage to the wheel arch cover and the skirt behind it.

The eventual cost will be about £1200 for the repair and my costs in taking it back to the dealer.

Fortunately I have one of these, http://www.blackvue.co.uk/ which I swap between my car and the MH.

The construction company sent my claim to its insurer and weren't exactly co-operative and refused to admit liability. The video, with sound, persuaded the insurer that I had a cast iron case and they recommended that the construction firm pays up, which it has.

I have no doubt that, without the video evidence, it would have been a "he said' she said' situation and I'd be £1200 out of pocket.

I'm still waiting for the parts from Germany, but it doesn't stop me using the 'van and most people wouldn't even notice the bent metal work.

The moral of the story? Get a decent dash cam. It could save you a fortune.

OK Frank, you convinced me, ordered one from Amazon, Not a mega expensive one, but not a 'cheapie' off of E-bay either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JE65JW0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Has very good reviews, and coming via Amazon, it would be easy to send back a 'Duffer'. It's coming from within the UK too, many seem to take weeks from HKong.

We'll see anyway.

Some hairaising clips from Russian Dash Cams, some very funny too :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmsQ-obL1Z4

Enjoy ! Ray

Yes, I'm convinced as well now....I'll get one

.just in case someone coming towards me cannot judge their own width bashing and running over everything in sight.,,,,,but wants to plant the blame firmly on someone other than themselves :D

Bulletguy - 2015-02-07 11:29 PM

AlanS - 2015-02-07 8:42 PM

I have the camera you refer to below but the Rollei version and I paid a similar price. I had already read about the cards so bought a 16 GB one. I agree the print is small but I did manage to download the instructions fro the web rather than using a magnifying glass (yes the font is so tiny !). Once you have played around with it and mastered the menus I find it a great little dashcam. It records in 10 minute segments (this is variable and you can set this up in the menu) and operates continuously. Picture quality is very good for the cost as is the low light capture.

I have left mine charged for about 3 weeks now without using it and checked it recently and still shows a full battery and mine hasn't lost its time / date. On the whole a good little camera at that price especially if you just want to dip your toe in the water, so to speak.

Alan.

BIB......mine doesn't. It pretty much has a mind of it's own. Some segments i get at 10 mins then others will be just seconds.

That it was described in the features as "up to 32gb" when in truth it only takes 16gb was disappointing to say the least and needless to say, if a UK supplier instead of HK you would have every reason to demand full refund.

When you say you "left mine charged for about 3 weeks......and still shows a full battery and mine hasn't lost its time / date." Do you mean you left it connected to your 12v supply?

When i stated it loses the day/date info i meant when it was unplugged from 12v. I cannot run mine without it being connected at all.

Yes, mine is not connected and is in its box until next time we are out in the motorhome. It has a built-in rechargeable battery of 3.7V, 350 mAh. It also has a 120 degree wide angle lens. It says it supports 8GB-32GB/Class 6-10 MicroSD cards but before I bought mine I had heard that quite a few people were having problems on various dashcams when using 32 GB.

Alan

Pampam - 2015-02-08 7:23 AM

Do halfords wire these cameras in, are they pinchable? Like tomtoms if you leave them on show , or are they not worth anything to a thief , i fancy getting one fitted but couldnt be bothered with setting it up everytime i go out in van cheers pp:)

The more common these things become the less desirable or pinchable. I remember when GPS first came out and folk got 'panicky' about the mark the screen sucker would leave on the screen, indicating to a thief there could be a GPS unit in the vehicle. Now few, if any bother. I leave my GPS connected.

Dashcams can be hardwired in just as any GPS unit can.

Plenty of clips on YouTube showing how to such as this one;

Wasn't Me - 2015-02-08 7:56 AM

I would have thought it is possible to hard wired they but yes it would advertise it to a thief.

After reading this thread I just ordered one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-CAR-DVR-Vehicle-Video-Camera-Recorder-Dash-Cam-G-sensor-GS8000L-HDMI-Cable-/301042725960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46178b7448

Cheap and cheerful, I will give it a go.

I did buy one last year, but I hard wired it and chopped of the resistor, that changed 12v to 5v. It melted.

From what I remember camera angle was wide and picture clear.

As long as you are aware that your cam is NOT coming from "Birmingham, United Kingdom" which the Seller states as his location.

If you need to mail it back.........this is his real location and address!

Neoestore Ltd

liucaixia

????????????????????

525300 ??, ???

??

Edit; I forgot......my keyboard isn't set up for Chinese so just click on Business seller information at the bottom of the page and you will see where he is.

Keithl - 2015-02-06 6:36 PM

Hawcara - 2015-02-06 5:00 PM

There was a subscriber to this site who sold dash cams, but I can no longer find the link.

:-S

It was AliB...

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/view-profile.asp?action=view&uid=7927

If you look at his profile you'll find his website.

Keith.

It was me and still is. Happy to answer any questions on these types of products.

A couple of points after reading through this long post.

All the cameras I have tested work fine with 32GB memory cards.

Some cameras are easily removed from the vehicle.

Most cameras have an internal battery which will store the settings

Very small models without a screen are capable of being permanently fixed to the windscreen and hardwired into a direct 12V feed. Our local taxi firm has the entire fleet so fitted.

The biggest problem encountered with these cameras is the incorrect setting of the G-Sensor.

If set too low and you bounce over potholes the sensor will be activated and save a locked file to the memory card. These locked files are not overwritten so it can be possible to fill up the memory card within a short period. Simply remove the card from time to time and erase the files on a PC.

AliB - 2015-02-09 9:36 AM

It was me and still is. Happy to answer any questions on these types of products.

Try the GS1000 with a 32gb. The sellers claim they will take "up to 32gb".....but it doesn't.

GS1000 won't. These are common cams being flogged on fleabay from Hong Kong.

Very small models without a screen are capable of being permanently fixed to the windscreen and hardwired into a direct 12V feed. Our local taxi firm has the entire fleet so fitted.

What kind of Dashcams do they use?

Keithl - 2015-02-06 6:36 PM

Hawcara - 2015-02-06 5:00 PM

There was a subscriber to this site who sold dash cams, but I can no longer find the link.

:-S

It was AliB...

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/view-profile.asp?action=view&uid=7927

If you look at his profile you'll find his website.

Keith.

Some cameras are easily removed from the vehicle.

The biggest problem encountered with these cameras is the incorrect setting of the G-Sensor.

If set too low and you bounce over potholes the sensor will be activated and save a locked file to the memory card. These locked files are not overwritten so it can be possible to fill up the memory card within a short period. Simply remove the card from time to time and erase the files on a PC.

IT MUST BE POINTED OUT HOWEVER, THEY WON'T STOP YOU WRAPPING A TRAFFIC CONE AROUND YOUR WHEEL IF YOU ARE NOT WATCHING WHERE YOU ARE DRIVING.

Quite so. (lol)

Bulletguy - 2015-02-09 5:42 PM

Try the GS1000 with a 32gb. The sellers claim they will take "up to 32gb".....but it doesn't.

I have not tried the GS1000 but I will speculate that it is a problem with the SD card and not the camera. There are lots of dodgy SD cards on the market. You need to use a recognised make like Kingston and ensure it is at least Class 6 or above.

GS1000 won't. These are common cams being flogged on fleabay from Hong Kong.

The spec.on ebay states they have an internal battery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HD-CAR-DVR-CCTV-CAMERA-NEW-TAXI-LORRY-TRUCK-VAN-HGV-GS1000-VEHICLE-UK-/161580137268?_trksid=p2054897.l4275.

Of course, who knows what you get from Hong Kong. They could be rejects or old stock. The batteries are prone to failure if left for long periods in a discharged state.

What kind of Dashcams do they use?

Originally DVR743 but decided they did not need the GPS so DVR6088HD to save on price.

Guest Peter James
pepe63 - 2015-02-07 3:21 PM

"crooks in camera shops" etc

OK, look at this for starters

Had Enough - 2015-02-07 3:50 PM

with a quality camera you can read the number plates

If he had said you may be able to read the number plates that would be fair enough.

But he says you can read the number plates, which is often not true.

For a camera salesman that would be at least misrepresentation, which I understand is a criminal offence.

So perhaps you need to take a voice recording camera into the camera shop with you.

Guest Peter James
Had Enough - 2015-02-08 12:12 PM

I'm going to PM you to tell you what's behind their vile insinuations and then you may understand what they're really like.

So you can say what you like about them, and they won't know what they are being accused of, so will have no chance to reply.

Guest Peter James
Had Enough - 2015-02-08 1:04 PM

I was watching him as he stood in front of me and waved me along as I drove very slowly.

We only have your version of what happened. Nevertheless, there is no getting away from the fact the driver could see both wheelarches in his mirrors. None of the workmen who were trying to help him could have seen that.

Had Enough - 2015-02-09 10:26 PM

I see that the snide comments are continuing. Well done Peter, you must be very proud of that one.

Sorry Frank. But you did rather set yourself up for all the incoming flack.

Do agree about the advice re camera though. Thank you.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2015-02-08 12:12 PM

Dave Newell told Pelmetman that if he carried on with his gassing nonsense that he would leave. So what does Pelmetman do? He gloats about taking it to the seventh page, which is what Dave Newell said was the limit and after that he'd go.

Your such a spin merchant Frank *-) ...............It must be the Ratner in you ;-) ......

Posted: 26 July 2014 6:20 AM

Subject: RE: Maybe its not a myth?...............

Stalwart

PROFILE PM

MAIL WWW

Bye all, it's been emotional. I don't blame you Dave (PM) but note a startling lack of any factually proven reports of gassing.

If Dave didn't blame me? so why do you?............could it be he left because of the way this forum has become a bitch fest since you returned after your banning? >:-) ...........

PS Dave did leave before I produced my thesis on the probability of gassing "not" being a myth :-| .........

It's not had an airing for a while :D ..............

Taking the skeptics view one at a time...........

1. The RCoA state it would be impossible and in their opinion prohibitively expensive, to use any of the gases currently used in anesthesia.............

With the exception of hippy crack AKA laughing gas I would agree, besides CO appears to be the current method of choice, and as the RCoA state CO is not a anesthetic so is outside their their field of experience....

2. Impossible to fill a camper with gas?...........

Air is a gas ..................and CO will expand to fill a given space **equally**, naturally at point of entry concentrations will be higher.

Empirical evidence to support my theory as follows........

OBJECTIVES:

It was the goal of this study to demonstrate the behavior of CO in air and to help provide a data-based recommendation for CO alarm placement.

METHODS:

CO was calculated to be slightly lighter than air. An 8-foot-tall airtight Plexiglas chamber was constructed and CO monitors placed within at the top, middle, and bottom. CO test gas (15 L, 3000 parts per million) was infused at each of the three heights in different trials and CO levels measured over time.

RESULTS:

***********Contrary to a significant amount of public opinion, CO did not layer on the floor, float at the middle of the chamber, or rise to the top. In each case, the levels of CO equalized throughout the test chamber.************* It took longer to equalize when CO was infused at the top of the chamber than the bottom, but levels always became identical with time.

CONCLUSIONS:

As would have been predicted by the Second Law of Thermodynamics, CO infused anywhere within the chamber diffused until it was of equal concentration throughout. Mixing would be even faster in the home environment, with drafts due to motion or temperature. It would be reasonable to place a residential CO alarm at any height within the room.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

3. Lack of dead bodies?.............

Given that the victims exposure to any incapacitate would be limited to minutes, and the source of gas/fumes would be removed prior to entry, plus the immediate reduction in toxic atmosphere as soon as the thieves gain access.

Its not surprising that no one has yet died, although that said I would also suggest so far they have been lucky by not targeting anyone with a medical condition ..............

4. Too much of a risk for the thieves?.............

The argument that the thieves wouldn't risk a murder charge, is like saying people wont commit crimes as they risk going to prison? .............Looking at it from a tea leafs point of view, his greatest unknown and "risk" is when he breaks into a camper...... unless he/she has been following them they're unlikely to know whether there's a couple of old codgers on board, or a family of 6 as in the Chadwick's robbery.

Hence the use of some means to incapacitate the occupants would make total sense, and in the balance of probabilities they know their chances of getting caught at the scene is remote, and if they were........ then the EU soft justice system, would at worse case scenario see them getting done for the much lesser charge of manslaughter........

5. Lack of medical evidence?.........

Up until recently there was only the anecdotal evidence of the symptoms suffered by the victims, which are the same for those who have suffered a CO overdose ...............The Chadwick's incident has shown that CO was used..........because they were given "blood tests that proved positive for CO poisoning", and subsequently given oxygen by the French medical staff..........

6. How do they do it?.............

This is the interesting bit................. I know from my own experience with the CO alarm going off, whilst just being parked next to a vehicle undergoing diagnostics, that pumping a bit of CO through an open window or vent would be a simple matter......

Engine noise?..............on a service area is not unusual ...........

Exhaust smell?............a filter would again be simple enough to add to a bit of hose ..............

Alternatively there are other simple methods of generating CO, as Teflon2 pointed one out to me the other day.

7. Insurance scam?............

Its frequently said by the skeptics that claiming to be gassed is a method to ensure payout ..........

Seeing as insurance companies payout regardless of whether gas was used seems a pointless exercise to me, especially when they can expect nothing but abuse from their fellow moho owners ........

8. Alternative theory's?..........

The skeptics have tried various alternative reasons why people would sleep through their camper being robbed..............from tiredness..... too much drink.......fridge failure prior to robbery..........heavy smokers ...............unfortunately none more plausible than the use of a incapacitate in my view...........especially as we now have 4 reported incidents in 2 months ........

Archived