Dash Cam pays for itself many times over.

Guest Had Enough

AliB - 2015-02-10 10:37 AM

Bulletguy - 2015-02-09 5:42 PM

Try the GS1000 with a 32gb. The sellers claim they will take "up to 32gb".....but it doesn't.

I have not tried the GS1000 but I will speculate that it is a problem with the SD card and not the camera. There are lots of dodgy SD cards on the market. You need to use a recognised make like Kingston and ensure it is at least Class 6 or above.

AliB - 2015-02-09 9:36 AM

Most cameras have an internal battery which will store the settings

GS1000 won't. These are common cams being flogged on fleabay from Hong Kong.

The spec.on ebay states they have an internal battery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HD-CAR-DVR-CCTV-CAMERA-NEW-TAXI-LORRY-TRUCK-VAN-HGV-GS1000-VEHICLE-UK-/161580137268?_trksid=p2054897.l4275.

Of course, who knows what you get from Hong Kong. They could be rejects or old stock. The batteries are prone to failure if left for long periods in a discharged state.

Very small models without a screen are capable of being permanently fixed to the windscreen and hardwired into a direct 12V feed. Our local taxi firm has the entire fleet so fitted.

What kind of Dashcams do they use?

Originally DVR743 but decided they did not need the GPS so DVR6088HD to save on price.

The card i had was a Transcend Class 10. Can't get much better than that. Tried it in my mates phone and works perfectly so know the card was ok.

Yes i think buying a Hong Kong cam is very much a case of pot luck. Most of it is junk though and of course you can't get a return/refund......you can try (as i did) but you won't get anywhere.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2015-02-10 5:42 PM

AliB - 2015-02-10 10:37 AM

Bulletguy - 2015-02-09 5:42 PM

Try the GS1000 with a 32gb. The sellers claim they will take "up to 32gb".....but it doesn't.

I have not tried the GS1000 but I will speculate that it is a problem with the SD card and not the camera. There are lots of dodgy SD cards on the market. You need to use a recognised make like Kingston and ensure it is at least Class 6 or above.

Most cameras have an internal battery which will store the settings

GS1000 won't. These are common cams being flogged on fleabay from Hong Kong.

The spec.on ebay states they have an internal battery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-HD-CAR-DVR-CCTV-CAMERA-NEW-TAXI-LORRY-TRUCK-VAN-HGV-GS1000-VEHICLE-UK-/161580137268?_trksid=p2054897.l4275.

Of course, who knows what you get from Hong Kong. They could be rejects or old stock. The batteries are prone to failure if left for long periods in a discharged state.

Very small models without a screen are capable of being permanently fixed to the windscreen and hardwired into a direct 12V feed. Our local taxi firm has the entire fleet so fitted.

What kind of Dashcams do they use?

Originally DVR743 but decided they did not need the GPS so DVR6088HD to save on price.

The card i had was a Transcend Class 10. Can't get much better than that. Tried it in my mates phone and works perfectly so know the card was ok.

Yes i think buying a Hong Kong cam is very much a case of pot luck. Most of it is junk though and of course you can't get a return/refund......you can try (as i did) but you won't get anywhere.

Guest Peter James
Bulletguy - 2015-02-10 5:43 PM

Tried it in my mates phone and works perfectly so know the card was ok.

Because the card works in your mates phone doesn't mean its compatible with everything.

I put mine in a card reader to try it on computers - works on some and not others. Worked in some sockets but not others on the same PC.

Joe90 - 2015-02-10 5:32 PM

Another action packed and fascinating fun filled day down Espana way,

surfing the net as usual.

Love it. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2015-02-10 9:37 PM

Well that's you me told Peter (lol) ..............Could be worse though ;-) .............We could be in North Wales 8-) ............

Peter James - 2015-02-10 8:27 PM

Because the card works in your mates phone doesn't mean its compatible with everything.

I put mine in a card reader to try it on computers - works on some and not others. Worked in some sockets but not others on the same PC.

Which is likely to be you card reader and not the card.

I had a few HK 'cheapo' card readers which were pretty much 'pot luck' on if they'd work and with what cards etc. Then i pushed the boat out a bit and bought a decent one from Jessops. Reads any card, any make, every time in whatever PC. Had it years now.

pelmetman - 2015-02-11 10:08 AM

peter - 2015-02-10 9:37 PM

Another action packed and fascinating fun filled day down Espana way, q

Well that's you me told Peter (lol) ..............Could be worse though ;-) .............We could be in North Wales 8-) ............

Well if you look at it like that, I don't have a problem. Scotch Whisky at £5 a bottle, I can live with a bit of cloudy weather. :D

Guest Peter James
Bulletguy - 2015-02-11 4:54 PM

Peter James - 2015-02-10 8:27 PM

Which is likely to be you card reader and not the card.

I had a few HK 'cheapo' card readers which were pretty much 'pot luck' on if they'd work and with what cards etc. Then i pushed the boat out a bit and bought a decent one from Jessops. Reads any card, any make, every time in whatever PC. Had it years now.

I was using the same card reader with different cards, found some cards were compatible with some PCs and not others.

Ive had a couple of these for 2 years or more now the X3000 duel lens camera , one on the car and one on the motorhome they cost @40 quid on amazon i find them very good , theyve got gps etc but find with night driving theyre not too good especially on unlit roads but there again i dont do much night driving anyway .

Guest Peter James

LOL :D

But you raise an interesting point. When you go away for months I see it as living somewhere else. Not like the week or two holiday you get when working, where you have to use what little time you have to cram in as much as you can.

Yesterday while waiting at traffic lights at Tushmore Roundabout Crawley Sussex, (3 lines of traffic) ... a Jackdaw or Rook stepped onto the crossing and slowly strutted across ... the traffic moved as it almost reached the far side.With a dash cam I could have sold the scene !

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2015-02-12 7:03 AM

LOL :D

But you raise an interesting point. When you go away for months I see it as living somewhere else. Not like the week or two holiday you get when working, where you have to use what little time you have to cram in as much as you can.

Exactly ;-) ..............and we had our new dog spayed yesterday, so have to spend the next week going on short walks only............I'll have to do something with my time 8-) ...............at least the wifi is a business expense :D ............

Archived