Water

DavidBrown

Ok I've been reading through a few chats on here about water. And I'm quite confused about that the fact additives etc in there fresh water tanks to drink the water.

Surely if the tank is clean and you are using the water everyday and refilling regularly making sure the water Dosn't go stagnate in the pipes or tank and you are using designated drinking water taps then shouldn't the water be fine to drink?

:-D

Has always worked for us too!

BUT there are widely varying personal preferences and some folks have other views about the source of their water so all I can say is that whatever works for each of us is probably right for each of us!

I think the main difference is the rate at which folk use their water. Because we wash, shower, and wash up, at site facilities, we use little water, and half a tank lasts us around a week. I generally re-fill at about 50% empty, so fresh goes in on top of older water. Chlorine only lasts in water for about 2 - 3 days, after which it is prone to algae growth. So, adding a preservative makes sense for us.

It is. We've been drinking water out of the fresh water tank for about 20 years without problems. If staying on site we tend to have between 10l and 35l in the tank - the latter is good for 4 days. If motorhoming away from the site in the UK, no more than 50l at any time because we haven't the payload for more.

We do clean the water system through every year, round about Easter using Puri-Clean and we do inspect the water tank regularly.

For those who fill up in Aires in France and no doubt all over the EU.

Clean the outlet of the tap first. I use a detol type spray and run the tap first.

So many people empty the toilet and then use the drinking water tap to wash it out. Fine if they don't put it right up to the tap, but they do.

We only use bottled water for drinking and gargling.

I don't want bits of poo on the end of my nose.

Most are lucky for many years. But when your immune system is low. Bang, the bugs have got you.

Brian is correct in saying Chlorine is good for 2-3 days and then bugs are free to breed.

Archived