County map of UK

Mr Motorhome

Hi all

A while back I seen reference to a map showing the counties of the U.K. The map could be stuck to the rear of a MH or caravan (or inside) and which allowed each county to be marked off after visiting.

Does anyone know where these can be purchased from? I've searched the web but no luck.

Regards, Paul

There are laminated county maps, but they won't be weatherproof.

Interestingly for saddo's like me there are several possible county maps.

Postal, ceremonial, administrative and historic, each one with different borders. Not to mention cricket counties!

A GOOGLE search (UK counties maps images) shows that there is a wide variety of UK maps showing the counties. Some of the maps are downloadable free of charge (example attached) and, if a self-adhesive version were required, a sign-writing company might be able to transfer a map to an appropriate ‘weatherproof’ material and make it in a suitable size.

Having said that, if the map were sufficiently weatherproof to survive being stuck on the outside of the motorhome, I would have thought that marking off the counties would not be easy.

Keeping the map inside sidesteps the weatherproofing requirement and producing the map should then be a simple DIY task using an ordinary colour-printer.

uk-counties-map.jpg.7e7ecd30992e7ac8a4a04ce97d9c66eb.jpg

Hi Paul,

I remember seeing a stall selling exactly what you are describing at one of the shows but can't remember where or when, so do not despair, you are not cracking up (yet)!!!

I'll try searching and see if I can find them for you. They might even be at Peterborough this weekend if you are lucky.

Keith.

I buy all my maps of UK/Europe from www.mapsworldwide.com. They are in Melksham and if they do not have what you want in stock they can normally order in. I have used them for over 5 years and they are an excellent supplier. They are even prepared to do business with us foreigners! Cheers,

Archived