Fiat x250 engine management light issue

mike405

I have a 2007 Fiat Ducato 3.0 litre base Hymer which has an issue with the management light being on permanently. It was checked by a Fiat Professional garage in Spain and they confirmed that whilst the 2nd fan was operating correctly the light was saying that it was not. Drove back from Spain without any problem and could hear the fan kicking in when in traffic jams. Engine performed perfectly and never overheated.

The garage could not trace where the fault lay, they said the fan sender was operating correctly and indicated that it might be a wiring issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

I have exact same van as yours I had a problem with a management light coming on but van run perfect, it was a bad earth strap connection on mine, renewed never had a problem since, it's a very common fault with this model it may not be the cure for yours but worth looking at , it's located right hand side of engine from gearbox to body

mike405 - 2016-08-09 10:47 PM

Thanks for that very helpful advice, I'll certainly check,it out.

Mike,

Don't just "check it out", REPLACE IT!!!

A failing earth strap may appear fine and when cleaned up and refitted may work for a few days or weeks but will almost certainly fail again in due course. For the sake of a few pounds replace it with a quality part and be done with it.

Keith.

Keithl - 2016-08-10 7:03 AM

mike405 - 2016-08-09 10:47 PM

Thanks for that very helpful advice, I'll certainly check,it out.

Mike,

Don't just "check it out", REPLACE IT!!!

A failing earth strap may appear fine and when cleaned up and refitted may work for a few days or weeks but will almost certainly fail again in due course. For the sake of a few pounds replace it with a quality part and be done with it.

Keith.

Keith,

Thank you, will do!

Mike

An update. Borrowed an OBD reader which showed one fault, reader could not find what fault code it was so erased it. Took the van for a run in the warm weather this morning, temperatures normal. Left it ticking over on the drive for 30 minutes - still normal. Switched the air con on and immediately that the air con fan stated up the EML came back on again. Cleared the fault code and tried again - same result.

So, the air con fan is working but the EHU says it isn't. Not going to worry about this now, have ordered an OBD reader so that if the EML light comes on I can check the cause, if not the fan then I will call breakdown.

• 3 years later...
Hi, I also have the same problem with my 2007 Rapido 3.0. Did you find out what the problem was in the end? Have fitted all new earth straps and some extra ones, replaced relay, still no good , eml light comes on as soon as air con cooling fan kicks in. :-(

Same problem, try in the fuse box under bonnet, there’s a row of three relays across the front, the middle on is the air on, try taking it out slightly twist the blades of the relay and put it back. Did that light never came on again.

The Goat - 2020-07-23 2:33 PM

Hi, I also have the same problem with my 2007 Rapido 3.0. Did you find out what the problem was in the end? Have fitted all new earth straps and some extra ones, replaced relay, still no good , eml light comes on as soon as air con cooling fan kicks in. :-(

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Paul.

You’ve posted to a 4-years-old forum discussion and the person (mike405 - Michael Pargeter) who raised the issue only participated here for about 3 weeks, all within August 2016.

I believe the present chances of a response from mike405 will be very slim, but you could try emailing him directly on

mjpargeter@gmail.com

just in case that email address is valid.

(Obviously that won’t be necessary if you follow weldted’s advice and the warning light goes out.)

I used to hate jobs like this when in the trade.

pass them on to someone else if poss ;-)

You can spend hours and find nothing - then what can you charge :-S

Worse still you might strip a thread or snap a corroded bolt when dismantling something to have a look - and still find nothing wrong :$

It can come on just with exhaust emissions.

Maybe a bit of muck in the manifold got dislodged, or a bit of atmospheric pollution

Like having a light on your forehead that flashes when you fart

Mine would be flashing all the time :$

..and you never find out what caused it :-S

Archived