Poor old Diane Abbot

StuartO

John52 - 2017-06-14 1:40 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-14 12:20 PM

If your innocent and don't intend to commit crime then why would you worry about DNA on a database

Like CCTV - it depends whether you trust the authorities not to abuse the information *-)

Who is watching the watchers?

Doesn't inspire confidence with their smear campaigns against Jeremy Corbyn for acting in an official capacity in peace talks, only to be accused of being a 'Terrorist Sympathiser' - by people who are now about to derail the NI peace process and get into bed with the DUP to keep the Tory Party majority >:-)

It's a well known fact UK is among the most surveilled countries in the west with one CCTV camera for every 11 people. We've become obsessed with cctv and cameras, a state spying on it's own citizens.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/10172298/One-surveillance-camera-for-every-11-people-in-Britain-says-CCTV-survey.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/6108496.stm

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/186435-uk-the-worlds-most-surveilled-state-begins-using-automated-face-recognition-to-catch-criminals

Another type of 'cam' i loathe are the numerous speed cams and average speed cams which now clutter our motorways. My drive down to Dover (M6/M5/M40/M25) is an absolute nightmare drive with average cams as low as 40mph and the satnav forever bleeping warnings. Once across the pond sanity was restored and the first 'bleep' came up as "max speed 85 mph".......no fear of me doing that as even on the Autobahns the most i clock is 70. Needless to say, the traffic flows freely.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your innocent and don't intend to commit crime then why would you worry about DNA on a database

Like CCTV - it depends whether you trust the authorities not to abuse the information *-)

Doesn't inspire confidence with their smear campaigns against Jeremy Corbyn for acting in an official capacity in peace talks, only to be accused of being a 'Terrorist Sympathiser' - by people who are now about to derail the NI peace process and get into bed with the DUP to keep the Tory Party majority >:-)

What ?

antony1969 - 2017-06-14 3:11 PM

What ?

I'll see if I can explain it more simply ;-)

Unscrupulous Governments may use this kind of information not just to track 'Terrorists' but also political opponents, democracy campaigners etc. The Government of the day might have used it to track and imprison the Chartists, Suffragettes etc, who won what freedoms you and I enjoy today.

This Government has shown they will put the interests of the Tory party before the interests of the country - like tackling Terrorism. Their getting into bed with the DUP for the benefit of the Tory party, is likely to derail the NI peace process and return us the days of IRA Terrorism - Even John Major is saying so.

John52 - 2017-06-15 10:07 AM

antony1969 - 2017-06-14 3:11 PM

What ?

I'll see if I can explain it more simply ;-)

Unscrupulous Governments may use this kind of information not just to track 'Terrorists' but also political opponents, democracy campaigners etc. The Government of the day might have used it to track and imprison the Chartists, Suffragettes etc, who won what freedoms you and I enjoy today.

This Government has shown they will put the interests of the Tory party before the interests of the country - like tackling Terrorism. Their getting into bed with the DUP for the benefit of the Tory party, is likely to derail the NI peace process and return us the days of IRA Terrorism - Even John Major is saying so.

But you mentioned Jeremy Corbyn acting in an official capacity in peace talks ... What has that to do with DNA database and just when did he get promoted to that official capacity gig

antony1969 - 2017-06-15 11:00 AM

.. What has that to do with DNA database

DNA database is one source of information unscrupulous Governments use to track and imprison democracy campaigners etc.

You say if you have nothing to hide what have you to be afraid of from CCTV electronic surveliiance etc.

On that basis why don't we put all our personal information, family etc on our internet profile?

We realise some nutter might get hold of it on the internet.

But how do we know some nutter etc won't get hold of it when the Government/Local Council/ etc etc have it?

PS: I notice you haven't commented on the Tory Party getting into bed with the DUP

I think you might have had something to say if that was Jeremy Corbyn *-)

John52 - 2017-06-15 2:35 PM

just when did (Jeremy Corbyn) get promoted to that official capacity

When he was elected Member of Parliament.

Has anyone other than Jeremy ever said he was part of the peace process because Ive never heard it , quite the opposite ... I presume he went to IRA fundraisers and celebrations of terrorists in his official MP role also ... He was/is a filthy apologist for murderers and thankfully other than a lot of dizzy youngsters offered bribes he was totally rejected at the ballot box and not a terrorist in sight

John52 - 2017-06-15 2:40 PM

.. What has that to do with DNA database

DNA database is one source of information unscrupulous Governments use to track and imprison democracy campaigners etc.

You say if you have nothing to hide what have you to be afraid of from CCTV electronic surveliiance etc.

On that basis why don't we put all our personal information, family etc on our internet profile?

We realise some nutter might get hold of it on the internet.

But how do we know some nutter etc won't get hold of it when the Government/Local Council/ etc etc have it?

PS: I notice you haven't commented on the Tory Party getting into bed with the DUP

I think you might have had something to say if that was Jeremy Corbyn *-)

Why would I have a problem with the Tories getting into bed with the DUP , they have been closely linked for years and I do recall Labour attempts at striking possible deals with them not that long ago ... No problem with them at all unless you can show some reason why I should

antony1969 - 2017-06-14 9:44 AM

John52 - 2017-06-14 7:58 AM

Shows how the Tory Campaign against Dianne Abbot misquoted her eg: May said ‘Diane wants to wipe the DNA database’ – no I don’t, I wanted to take innocent people off it.” https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/13/diane-abbott-reveals-illness-and-hits-out-at-vicious-tory-campaign

Wheras the people of Hackney got more first hand news and increased her majority by 11,000

Surprised Diane didn't claim racism towards HM Mrs May ... Diane can't remember anything she says , she can't remember figures either ... she has a very selective memory ... minging woman and her constituents deserve her

Wish she was my MP instead on Anna Sourpuss, but that's democracy.

Guest pelmetman
starvin marvin - 2017-06-15 6:59 PM

Shows how the Tory Campaign against Dianne Abbot misquoted her eg: May said ‘Diane wants to wipe the DNA database’ – no I don’t, I wanted to take innocent people off it.” https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/13/diane-abbott-reveals-illness-and-hits-out-at-vicious-tory-campaign

Wheras the people of Hackney got more first hand news and increased her majority by 11,000

Surprised Diane didn't claim racism towards HM Mrs May ... Diane can't remember anything she says , she can't remember figures either ... she has a very selective memory ... minging woman and her constituents deserve her

You do surprise me....... I'd of thought a Remoaner would've been right up your street :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-06-14 12:53 PM

Abbot may well be right and if so the question we should be asking is if those people have never committed a crime then why are they there.

Correction......They've never been convicted of committing a crime ;-) ........

I'd have no issue with my DNA being kept on file.......but there again I'm just an annoying git.....not a low life scumbag >:-) .......

starvin marvin - 2017-06-15 6:59 PM

You could always move if you wish it so much ... sure your neighbours won't mind

antony1969 - 2017-06-15 4:34 PM

Has anyone other than Jeremy ever said he was part of the peace process because Ive never heard it , quite the opposite ... I presume he went to IRA fundraisers and celebrations of terrorists in his official MP role also ... He was/is a filthy apologist for murderers and thankfully other than a lot of dizzy youngsters offered bribes he was totally rejected at the ballot box and not a terrorist in sight

He talked to them instead of banning them from speaking in the media (Thatcher) ans banning their Elected MPs from taking their seats in Parliament without swearing allegiance to the UNelected English Queen. Thatcher just blanked them and said 'We don't negotiate with Terrorists' - but of course they always do in the end and Martin Mc Guiness and Gerry Adams were in 10 Downing Street every other day. Thats what got us peace - which the Tories are about to jeopardize by taking one side - the DUP - in order to cling to power.

pelmetman - 2017-06-15 9:21 PM

I have no issue with my DNA being kept on file....

Well if you are an Establishment Lackey you wouldn't have anything to worry about their keeping tabs on you..

Wheras pro-democracy campaigners etc might have something to worry about.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-06-16 7:08 AM

I have no issue with my DNA being kept on file....

Well if you are an Establishment Lackey you wouldn't have anything to worry about their keeping tabs on you..

Wheras pro-democracy campaigners etc might have something to worry about.

I doubt the authorities would need DNA to identify pro-democracy campaigners ;-) .......

Deluded Idiots are easy to spot >:-) .......

thebishbus - 2017-06-16 8:46 AM

In my opinion everybody,s DNA should be taken at birth, and kept on file. This could help solve a lot of problems in the future

Brian B.

Well yes if a future Head of State turned out to be like Kim Jon Ung it might solve his problem of how to trace dissidents ..........

John52 - 2017-06-16 7:06 AM

He talked to them instead of banning them from speaking in the media (Thatcher) ans banning their Elected MPs from taking their seats in Parliament without swearing allegiance to the UNelected English Queen. Thatcher just blanked them and said 'We don't negotiate with Terrorists' - but of course they always do in the end and Martin Mc Guiness and Gerry Adams were in 10 Downing Street every other day. Thats what got us peace - which the Tories are about to jeopardize by taking one side - the DUP - in order to cling to power.

He supported them loyally as did his fellow terrorist lover McDonnell , his gushing admiration of them got in the way of talking . If he was such a man of peace years before the peace process started why did he never talk to the UDA or UVF ???

antony1969 - 2017-06-16 12:16 PM

He supported them loyally as did his fellow terrorist lover McDonnell , his gushing admiration of them got in the way of talking . If he was such a man of peace years before the peace process started why did he never talk to the UDA or UVF ???

It wasn't 'gushing admiration' he just got amongst them listened and talked to them like the he did the residents of Grenfell Tower - instead of walking through surrounded by Minders like Theresa May. Some of the ones he talked to might turn out to be wrong 'uns. Doesn't make him a Terrorist or Sympathiser.

thebishbus - 2017-06-16 8:46 AMIn my opinion everybody,s DNA should be taken at birth, and kept on file. This could help solve a lot of problems in the future Brian B.

Ah, but people like Diane Abbott (to bring the threadback to her) think it's wrong to do things like that because it would discriminate against black people.  Not sure quite why but she's always convinced that black people are picked on and disadvantaged whenever an opportunity arises to bang that drum, even though some of them seem to do quite well in life and even send their children to private schools - as I understand she does herself.

John52 - 2017-06-16 12:23 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-16 12:16 PM

It wasn't 'gushing admiration' he just got amongst them listened and talked to them like the he did the residents of Grenfell Tower - instead of walking through surrounded by Minders like Theresa May. Some of the ones he talked to might turn out to be wrong 'uns. Doesn't make him a Terrorist or Sympathiser.

You didn't answer my question ?

Bulletguy - 2017-06-14 12:53 PM

Abbot may well be right and if so the question we should be asking is if those people have never committed a crime then why are they there.

Correction......They've never been convicted of committing a crime ;-)

If you READ the article you would have seen Prof. Jefrreys concern was about "entirely innocent people" being on the database, ie people who've not been convicted of anything.

I'd have no issue with my DNA being kept on file.

Volunteer it then.

but there again I'm just an annoying git.....not a low life scumbag >:-) .......

That's a matter of opinion.

thebishbus - 2017-06-16 8:46 AM

In my opinion everybody,s DNA should be taken at birth, and kept on file. This could help solve a lot of problems in the future

Somehow i don't think even the most fanatical Brexiters would last long living in a Totatalitarian state. ;-)

John52 - 2017-06-16 6:27 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-16 1:06 PM

You didn't answer my question ?

What question?

Your views are a bit iffy but your not thick ... Look back at the post in question regarding Chairman Jeremy and his lack of meetings before the peace process was thought of with the UVF and UDA and any other paramilitary loyalist organisation ... If he was a man attempting to get peace why did he never meet with those people but just got cosy with his republican buddies

Archived