Put Brexit on hold for a while?

StuartO

antony1969 - 2017-06-10 7:02 PM

pelmetman - 2017-06-10 6:35 PM

antony1969 - 2017-06-10 6:16 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-10 2:01 PM

malc d - 2017-06-10 11:19 AM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-10 10:06 AM

......................................................... Brexit that got us into this mess and the only reason your beloved Theresa also called a snap election.

Thats what happens when you do bonkers things like Brexit and letting the public decide, it has a habit of blowing up in your face.

/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

malc.d

What a short memory you have Barry.

Brexit is 100% David Camerons fault - you can't put put all the blame on voters.

;-)

Yes I should have included him, UKIP and the far right Tories that also pressurised Cameron into holding the referendum in the first place. Ultimately they are to blame. I will have little sympathy for any of them when it all goes sour though, especially those in repressed areas that voted out in their masses who will be the first to complain when they have no jobs, money, food or houses.

You have no sympathy for those in "repressed areas that voted out in their masses" ... Aren't they the very people you claim were conned and lied to into voting leave and the very same folk you insinuated were of lower intelligence than the remain voters ... Surely you should have sympathy for those who can't see through the lies as they are simply too thick ???

Dunno where these repressed areas are? :-S ........Had to spend 60 quid extra on the campsite coz the skip company were too busy to remove the skip where we park the camper :'( .......

Our builders are working weekends to fit us in, there's a shortage of Kingspan at the builders merchants *-) .......

PLC UK from where I'm sitting is working its frigging balls off >:-) .........Including me, but I ain't getting paid 8-) .......

Repressed goes with Barrys idea of GB at the minute ... Just like his multicultural , multi faith view of GB that he loves so much ... As long as its not in his whites only village and surrounding areas though , bit too close to home then

Dont speak for me thanks! I have told you before I wouldnt object to some "funny foreigners" coming to live here. You pays your money you takes your choice. If you dont like being surrounded by foreigners then go and live somewhere else. They aint going away. Brexit wont make any difference for sure.

This country has always been multicultural and nothing you say or even Brexit will change that. What I will say though is that certainly in the case of the Muslim community from what you have told me they need to westernise up a bit and integrate more and that cuts both ways. I can see how my posts would aggravate you on this but its a two way street and you will only ever live together if you try and integrate together.

As for those that voted out in depressed (Not repressed) areas and me having no sympathy. I stand by what I said although of course there were still many that did not vote out so despite my feelings towards those that did I do hope that these regions do not suffer after Brexit (assuming its still on of course :D )

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2017-06-11 12:02 AM

......................................................... Brexit that got us into this mess and the only reason your beloved Theresa also called a snap election.

Thats what happens when you do bonkers things like Brexit and letting the public decide, it has a habit of blowing up in your face.

/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

malc.d

Brexit is 100% David Camerons fault - you can't put put all the blame on voters.

;-)

Yes I should have included him, UKIP and the far right Tories that also pressurised Cameron into holding the referendum in the first place. Ultimately they are to blame. I will have little sympathy for any of them when it all goes sour though, especially those in repressed areas that voted out in their masses who will be the first to complain when they have no jobs, money, food or houses.

You have no sympathy for those in "repressed areas that voted out in their masses" ... Aren't they the very people you claim were conned and lied to into voting leave and the very same folk you insinuated were of lower intelligence than the remain voters ... Surely you should have sympathy for those who can't see through the lies as they are simply too thick ???

Dunno where these repressed areas are? :-S ........Had to spend 60 quid extra on the campsite coz the skip company were too busy to remove the skip where we park the camper :'( .......

Our builders are working weekends to fit us in, there's a shortage of Kingspan at the builders merchants *-) .......

PLC UK from where I'm sitting is working its frigging balls off >:-) .........Including me, but I ain't getting paid 8-) .......

Repressed goes with Barrys idea of GB at the minute ... Just like his multicultural , multi faith view of GB that he loves so much ... As long as its not in his whites only village and surrounding areas though , bit too close to home then

Dont speak for me thanks! I have told you before I wouldnt object to some "funny foreigners" coming to live here. You pays your money you takes your choice. If you dont like being surrounded by foreigners then go and live somewhere else. They aint going away. Brexit wont make any difference for sure.

This country has always been multicultural and nothing you say or even Brexit will change that. What I will say though is that certainly in the case of the Muslim community from what you have told me they need to westernise up a bit and integrate more and that cuts both ways. I can see how my posts would aggravate you on this but its a two way street and you will only ever live together if you try and integrate together.

As for those that voted out in depressed (Not repressed) areas and me having no sympathy. I stand by what I said although of course there were still many that did not vote out so despite my feelings towards those that did I do hope that these regions do not suffer after Brexit (assuming its still on of course :D )

Don't know what "funny foreigners" are ??? ... You could be right about moving away from an area I don't like though because as you say I'm surrounded by foreigners so thats the plan but it may well be another year before that happens due to other issues but we certainly are looking for a property and business opportunity ... So I'm doing what you say so what about you who loves Muslims , EU migrants and refugees why don't you do the decent thing and move to an area which has mass immigration that you preach to the rest of us is so great ... Don't preach to us who live with it when the most "funny foreign" thing you have in your cosy village is a Belgium beer ... Some nice area in Bradford I could show ya

nowtelse2do - 2017-06-10 7:32 PM

Brian, I understand and agree with what you say but for the next to the bottom paragraph >>>

"But, you do have to ask yourself why it is that Germany has that well oiled manufacturing sector, that provides such high employment, and provides good incomes for so many, while we do not. The answer to that, is the main reason I think Brexit will prove a profound mistake".

They got that well oiled manufacturing sector because of the money thrown at them by the Marshall Plan after WW2. Our manufacturing plant was decimated and had to try to match their ultra modern machinery and factories. We were up to our necks in debt to the USA which was not paid off until 31st December 2006......61yrs after the end of WW2, and we never paid our WW1 debt off to the USA.

And here again, what we gave them and later ended up being very generous to them, when we were barely in any financial position to do so>>>>

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/781613/Brexit-news-Article-50-talks-EU-exit-fee-50billion-Sir-Bill-Cash-Germany-war-debt-WW2

Then there is this>>>>

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/03/18/who-still-owes-what-for-the-two-world-wars.html

So Brian, no wonder they are where they are.

'Old Sage' was written out of respect ;-D , something akin to the like of, the Father of the House in Parliment, Kenneth Clark, because you seemed to have been a forum member an awful long time and deserve recognition. ;-)

Dave (young Sage)

For Germany it was like a farmer setting fire to his fields to get rid of all the dead wood and parasites. Devastating at first, but fresh young growth comes back stronger.

Wheras Britain never got rid of all the dead wood and parasites that hold us back - Landed Aristocracy, Big Government - House of Lords - Over-complicated legal and tax system etc.

Germany was able to start with a clean sheet of paper and devise a better system.

On reading the posts about German economic success the green-eyed monster in me has summoned up a particular stereotype of a German arising from our experience on a site on which we stayed in Austria earlier this year. There were plenty of Germans many with massive luxury German MHs with us sandwiched in between them in our rather small ageing French one. We had managed to find just one unused wooden palette with a plank missing among the many left around the site for use when the ground was boggy, as indeed it was. The German man next to us who was perfectly pleasant had nevertheless managed to garner 6 perfect ones spanning almost the full length of his rig from the cab to the garage. ;-)

Veronica

antony1969 - 2017-06-11 7:18 AM

Barryd999 - 2017-06-11 12:02 AM

/QUOTE]

malc.d

;-)

Don't know what "funny foreigners" are ??? ... You could be right about moving away from an area I don't like though because as you say I'm surrounded by foreigners so thats the plan but it may well be another year before that happens due to other issues but we certainly are looking for a property and business opportunity ... So I'm doing what you say so what about you who loves Muslims , EU migrants and refugees why don't you do the decent thing and move to an area which has mass immigration that you preach to the rest of us is so great ... Don't preach to us who live with it when the most "funny foreign" thing you have in your cosy village is a Belgium beer ... Some nice area in Bradford I could show ya

Why would I want to move? I like it here (well apart from the great British weather). If I come across as preachy then I am sorry about that, never mean to be. I love everyone Antony, just not Aholes. I dont care if they are Muslim, German, French or from Timbuku as long as they are not Aholes which means criminals, spongers, Terrorists or would be terrorists for that matter. I have some sympathy with your plight as well as it does seem your in an area surrounded by foreigners who refuse to integrate or adopt a reasonable level of our culture. It would hack me off if I was surrounded by that to be honest so I wont be moving to Bradford anytime soon.

pelmetman - 2017-06-10 7:52 AM

1. Article 50 has been triggered so the clocks ticking ;-) ...........

2. If this election results in us getting a worse BREXIT deal *-) ........

3. Generation Gullible will be picking up the tab >:-) ..........

1. True.

2. Worst than what, Dave? No one has yet explained what the best deal is, so how could anyone know what is worse?

3. On present showing, everyone except the Ulster Brexiteers will be picking up the tab!

Surely we're not beginning to position ourself to claim it would all have been OK but for our new hero Teresa, are we?!! :-D

malc d - 2017-06-11 3:05 PM

Back to the question of -- "Put Brexit on hold for a while ? "

Would there really be any advantage in keeping uncertainty going for as long as possible ?

Can't see one myself.

:-|

Which uncertainty are you referring to? The uncertainty over the outcome of the Brexit negotiations, the uncertainty over whether we have a functioning government to conduct the negotiations, the uncertainty over who will be the PM in charge of the negotiations, the uncertainty over the basis on which that PM (when confirmed) will negotiate, or the uncertainty over the price the DUP will extract for supporting the biggest election losers in forming a government?

Oh dear! Not much certainty around, at present, is there? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2017-06-11 3:25 PM

Would there really be any advantage in keeping uncertainty going for as long as possible ?

Can't see one myself.

Which uncertainty are you referring to?

The uncertainty over the outcome of the Brexit negotiations,

Yes.

That's the one that matters in the long run.

;-)

malc d - 2017-06-11 3:31 PM

Can't see one myself.

Yes.

;-)

Yes, but that can't be resolved until the others are also resolved. The advantage is not in keeping the uncertainty going, the advantage, IMO, is in first arriving at a stable government, that can settle on a sound negotiating position, however long that takes. Otherwise, the negotiations will go off at half cock and we shall all end up losers.

It's looking increasingly likely that Boris Johnson will take over from Theresa May in the not too distant future and he was a Leave Campaigner, which might suggest he would be reluctant to pull out.

But it is becomes clear that the EU side will be playing hard ball, seeking to impose maximum cost and penalty on the UK for daring to withdraw, I don't see what real cards we have to play and therefore where we have to go other than a hard Brexit.  Hence Theresa May's approach of starting off the negotiations toughly, then perhaps bending with the  wind tio get something out of them.

Jeremy Corbyn said he would unilaterally guatantee the rights of EU citizens to stay in UK and then "discuss" with the EU side in a friendly way - and he is convinced that will deliver a good Brexit deal that way.  But he's also the guy who wants to achieve world-wide nuclear disarmament by making a unilateral disarmament gesture and then talking everyone else around.

And pigs might fly?

Cars

Trucks

Motorcycles

Railway rolling stock

Ships

Armaments

Fruit and Veg

Wine

These are the main things things we, the fifth wealthiest nation in the world, buy from the EU. If we don't buy them it is difficult to see who would.

British people travelling in and living ,and around the EU countries spend billions of Euro most of which starts out in the UK.

When most of those former Eastern Bloc countries wanted to join the EU they thought they would get a deal on par with the original members, they didn't.

World War !!! is now unlikely to be fought on the eastern plains of Germany, we don't need to be nice to them any more.

Our negotiating position has to be that we leave in two years time, if any of the remaining EU countries has anything to say that might interest us, they can always ask.

AGD

Archiesgrandad - 2017-06-11 4:24 PM

Cars

Trucks

Motorcycles

Railway rolling stock

Ships

Armaments

Fruit and Veg

Wine

These are the main things things we, the fifth wealthiest nation in the world, buy from the EU...

AGD

Apart from maybe armaments, veg' and a few *Triumph bikes (*which themselves will use non-UK components), "we" buy the above from the EU because we have to, as we rarely manufacture our own any more...

..and what do manufacture (or more often than not,just "assemble") is by and large Johnnie Foreigner owned anyway :-S

StuartO - 2017-06-11 4:13

It's looking increasingly likely that Boris Johnson will take over from Theresa May in the not too distant future and he was a Leave Campaigner, which might suggest he would be reluctant to pull out. PM

Johnson has all the hallmarks of a Leave voter.......Confused dot com!! His drafted article in support of Remain never got published as he got swept up with campaign fever once the big red bus with the £350 million lie came along though he was pictured scratching his head puzzling how this figure could ever stack up.

Once the reality dawned and having lit the fire, Johnson and Co ran off! Still, i suppose it's never too late to Bregret!! (lol)

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-article-backing-britains-future-in-the-eu-a3370296.html

Uncertainty is the last thing we need to encourage companies to invest in Britain.

Bad enough with the uncertainty of the exchange rate.

If you were looking to build a factory would you put it in a country that might be on the wrong side of trade barriers in a couple of years time *-)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2017-06-11 4:39 PM

Cars

Trucks

Motorcycles

Railway rolling stock

Ships

Armaments

Fruit and Veg

Wine

These are the main things things we, the fifth wealthiest nation in the world, buy from the EU...

AGD

Apart from maybe armaments, veg' and a few *Triumph bikes (*which themselves will use non-UK components), "we" buy the above from the EU because we have to, as we rarely manufacture our own any more...

..and what do manufacture (or more often than not,just "assemble") is by and large Johnnie Foreigner owned anyway :-S

Anything the EU can do.....China or India can do.....and usually a dam sight cheaper >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2017-06-11 3:31 PM

Can't see one myself.

Yes.

;-)

Yep keep em guessing :D ........Then one day in 2019 we'll wake up as a Sovereign Nation again free of the EU B-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2017-06-11 2:47 PM

pelmetman - 2017-06-10 7:52 AM

1. Article 50 has been triggered so the clocks ticking ;-) ...........

2. If this election results in us getting a worse BREXIT deal *-) ........

3. Generation Gullible will be picking up the tab >:-) ..........

1. True.

2. Worst than what, Dave? No one has yet explained what the best deal is, so how could anyone know what is worse?

3. On present showing, everyone except the Ulster Brexiteers will be picking up the tab!

Surely we're not beginning to position ourself to claim it would all have been OK but for our new hero Teresa, are we?!! :-D

1. Ditto

2. Staying in the EU "IS" the worst possible deal *-)

3. Only those who are desperate for EU goods will be paying tariffs, which seems fair to me that those who love the EU should pay for it >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-06-11 7:23 PM

Cars

Trucks

Motorcycles

Railway rolling stock

Ships

Armaments

Fruit and Veg

Wine

AGD

Anything the EU can do.....China or India can do.....and usually a dam sight cheaper >:-) .......

Yes, so..and your point is? The UK is having to spend it's money on bringing in imports, either way....

..and it still doesn't alter the fact that the a hefty percentage of what we (the UK) do actually "manufacture" (again, more often than not, "assemble"?) is done by foreign owed companies...

All this "We are the 5th largest economy" lark, is pretty hollow when it's being propped up by the likes of banking and foreign owned manufacturers...

Midnight 29th March 2019, if there is no agreement then we are out of the EU. All trade to be done under WTO rules. Any tariff's on our exports would be given a reciprocal gesture. No more yearly payments to the EU, I don't think it would be too long before some decent negotiations to consider would be put forward for us to look at.

Dave

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2017-06-11 7:57 PM

Cars

Trucks

Motorcycles

Railway rolling stock

Ships

Armaments

Fruit and Veg

Wine

AGD

Yes, so..and your point is? The UK is having to spend it's money on bringing in imports, either way....

..and it still doesn't alter the fact that the a hefty percentage of what we (the UK) do actually "manufacture" (again, more often than not, "assemble"?) is done by foreign owed companies...

All this "We are the 5th largest economy" lark, is pretty hollow when it's being propped up by the likes of banking and foreign owned manufacturers...

Spend money on imports? :-S .........Are there not already ship loads of commodities arriving daily from China? *-) ..........I suspect more than half the stuff the EU likes to pretend it manufactures is actually made in China or India >:-) .......

People seem to forget our major importance to the EU and the rest of the world is our consumers ;-) ......

pelmetman - 2017-06-11 8:26 PM

pepe63 - 2017-06-11 7:57 PM

Cars

Trucks

Motorcycles

Railway rolling stock

Ships

Armaments

Fruit and Veg

Wine

AGD

Spend money on imports? :-S .........Are there not already ship loads of commodities arriving daily from China? *-) ..........I suspect more than half the stuff the EU likes to pretend it manufactures is actually made in China or India >:-) .......

People seem to forget our major importance to the EU and the rest of the world is our consumers ;-) ......

Nearly a third of our food comes from the EU. Are China and India going to supply that? Have you tried Chinese or Indian wine?

Add to that most of our farms ending up as deserted scrubland if there are no single Farm payments in the future then the import figure will go up not to mention what will happen to our countryside.

The result will be stuff not available and when it is nobody will be able to afford it.

Barryd999 - 2017-06-11 10:59 PM

Add to that most of our farms ending up as deserted scrubland if there are no single Farm payments in the future then the import figure will go up not to mention what will happen to our countryside.

The Tory Government has already said they will maintain farming subsidies - because they always side with landowners. Besides, it wouldn't do to use the land for homebuilding and bring house prices down. *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-06-12 3:56 AM

If thats true why are we importing from the EU?

We're importing from China via the EU ;-) .......That's why my Bosch iron says made in China :-| .......

Archived