income tax revenue

derek pringle

pelmetman - 2017-11-21 11:14 AM

John52 - 2017-11-21 9:16 AM

derek pringle - 2017-11-21 9:03 AM

hi,

I would have thought that IF all the people on Benefits are lazy or dodgers[not my opinion] just like everyone in employment is a hard worker, then the goats. logic should be NOT to force people over 65 to remain in work but to pay them benefits and ensure the young able bodied are in their jobs, obviously trained.

Silly to have people who have worked 40yrs or more doing extra and leaving young people doing nothing.

Govt. still paying a level of benefit, older people able to retire and all the young and able at work.

cheers

derek

Wouldn't solve the problem. Government intervention in the housing market has forced housing costs higher than wages for many. Benefits have to cover housing costs, wages don't. So many young people are better off on benefits. If they take a job they lose their housing benefit and might not get it back before the landlord evicts them. So they heep theirr head down and stay on benefits Who can blame them. Tell the truth - I would do the same wouldn't you?

We need to bring housing costs back down in proportion to the rest of the economy before the economy can recover.

But that means the landlord dominated Tory Government seeing a cut it their house prices and rental income.

Do you own your house John? ;-) .......just curious :D ......

Why?

do you think you might work in to some form of ad hominem?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2017-11-21 5:16 PM

pelmetman - 2017-11-21 11:14 AM.....................Do you own your house John? ;-) .......just curious :D ......

Nah, he owns three. One he lives in, one he lets exclusively to benefits claimants, and one he lets exclusively to migrants! :-D

I disagree Brian. I think it likely that John believes that all property is theft. A rather contentious issue but nevertheless he is entitled to have a view on the world order. Glad to see he has deflected Dave’s nosey inclinations.

Violet1956 - 2017-11-21 5:45 PM
pelmetman - 2017-11-21 11:14 AM.....................Do you own your house John? ;-) .......just curious :D ......
Nah, he owns three. One he lives in, one he lets exclusively to benefits claimants, and one he lets exclusively to migrants! :-D
I disagree Brian. I think it likely that John believes that all property is theft. A rather contentious issue but nevertheless he is entitled to have a view on the world order. Glad to see he has deflected Dave’s nosey inclinations.

I don't reckon he has deflected anything.......he's just not going to answer because he's possibly afraid to admit to being part of the 'get rich and sod everyone else' brigade.....either that or he's got a freebie pad paid for from some Chartist/Suffragette supporters fund.    :-)

RogerC - 2017-11-21 5:50 PM

I don't reckon he has deflected anything.......he's just not going to answer because he's possibly afraid to admit to being part of the 'get rich and sod everyone else' brigade.....either that or he's got a freebie pad paid for from some Chartist/Suffragette supporters fund.    :-)
We need people like John to challenge the majority view of the world order, so thank you John. I don’t always agree with him on every issue however the world needs people like him. If I can be forgiven for a biblical reference, he appears at times to be a voice crying in the wilderness. His determination to talk down the opposition is admirable. There would be no need for John to bore us with what he holds dear if others did not do the same, myself included. Veronica

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-21 4:24 PM

pelmetman - 2017-11-21 11:14 AM

John52 - 2017-11-21 9:16 AM

derek pringle - 2017-11-21 9:03 AM

hi,

I would have thought that IF all the people on Benefits are lazy or dodgers[not my opinion] just like everyone in employment is a hard worker, then the goats. logic should be NOT to force people over 65 to remain in work but to pay them benefits and ensure the young able bodied are in their jobs, obviously trained.

Silly to have people who have worked 40yrs or more doing extra and leaving young people doing nothing.

Govt. still paying a level of benefit, older people able to retire and all the young and able at work.

cheers

derek

Wouldn't solve the problem. Government intervention in the housing market has forced housing costs higher than wages for many. Benefits have to cover housing costs, wages don't. So many young people are better off on benefits. If they take a job they lose their housing benefit and might not get it back before the landlord evicts them. So they heep theirr head down and stay on benefits Who can blame them. Tell the truth - I would do the same wouldn't you?

We need to bring housing costs back down in proportion to the rest of the economy before the economy can recover.

But that means the landlord dominated Tory Government seeing a cut it their house prices and rental income.

Do you own your house John? ;-) .......just curious :D ......

Why?

do you think you might work in to some form of ad hominem?

So I think we can assume that's a no then? ;-) .......

At least it helps explain your bias against us property owners/Landlords :D ........

Guest pelmetman

Deflection just confirms ones suspensions does it not? ;-) .........

John takes very much after his idol Corbyn in that respect, as he to prefers deflection to speaking the truth >:-) ......

Violet1956 - 2017-11-21 6:24 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-21 5:50 PM

We need people like John to challenge the majority view of the world order, so thank you John. I don’t always agree with him on every issue however the world needs people like him. If I can be forgiven for a biblical reference, he appears at times to be a voice crying in the wilderness. His determination to talk down the opposition is admirable. There would be no need for John to bore us with what he holds dear if others did not do the same, myself included. Veronica
Thank you Veronica. But Wedgewood Benn put it better than I can;'Ask the powerful five questions:What power have you got?Where did you get it from?In whose interests do you exercise it?To whom are you accountable?...How can we get rid of you?Only democracy gives us that right. That is why no-one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it; including you and me, here and now.'

hi,

Just like to say a word on Housing Benefit. I am not proffering a solution but it seemed totally unfair to me that the govt. introduced 'bedroom tax 'since repealed' limiting the amount of benefit payable to the number of rooms they thought the Claimant actually needed. This was purely a hardship put on people who were already on Housing Benefit, indeed some had to move residence.Yet at the same time I did not hear the govt, saying anything about helping Claimants who had mortgages on houses larger than they needed, e.g. couples buying 3/4 bed. houses. I do not believe reductions were made to these people and yet at the end of the day the govt have no charge on the property and the Claimants benefit becoming the outright owners.

Those who have get more---maybe.

cheers

derek

derek pringle - 2017-11-22 9:23 AM

hi,

Just like to say a word on Housing Benefit. I am not proffering a solution but it seemed totally unfair to me that the govt. introduced 'bedroom tax 'since repealed' limiting the amount of benefit payable to the number of rooms they thought the Claimant actually needed. This was purely a hardship put on people who were already on Housing Benefit, indeed some had to move residence.Yet at the same time I did not hear the govt, saying anything about helping Claimants who had mortgages on houses larger than they needed, e.g. couples buying 3/4 bed. houses. I do not believe reductions were made to these people and yet at the end of the day the govt have no charge on the property and the Claimants benefit becoming the outright owners.

cheers

derek

I'm just glad I didn't have to pay the bedroom tax on all the Royal Palaces ;-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-22 9:18 AM

pelmetman - 2017-11-22 7:37 AM

So I think we can assume that's a no then? ;-) .......

assume what you like - it can't make you look a bigger fool than you do already :D

At least I'm an honest fool with nothing to hide ;-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-22 10:53 AM

hi,

cheers

derek

So you currently pay the bedroom tax where you are now? ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-11-22 2:56 PM

hi,

cheers

derek

Perhaps its all those years of reading the Daily Mail that has convinced you everybody is only out for themselves. And that no-one can really care about the disadvantaged - it can only be only self interest?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-22 3:55 PM

hi,

cheers

derek

Perhaps its all those years of reading the Daily Mail that has convinced you everybody is only out for themselves. And that no-one can really care about the disadvantaged - it can only be only self interest?

Perhaps its all those years of not expecting someone else to provide for me, that has given me little respect for the feckless in society..........

Combined with years of listening to the loony lefty victimhood propaganda, spouted by those who think those too idle to get a job are the victims *-) ........

With apologies to Frankie Howard......

EMPATHY EMPATHY they've all got this empathy...........

Except me (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2017-11-23 9:30 AM

hi,

cheers

derek

Perhaps its all those years of not expecting someone else to provide for me, that has given me little respect for the feckless in society..........

Combined with years of listening to the loony lefty victimhood propaganda, spouted by those who think those too idle to get a job are the victims *-) ........

Except me (lol) ........

One of the best comedy lines ever but it was Kenneth Williams in Carry on Cleo Dave.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-11-23 9:34 AM

pelmetman - 2017-11-23 9:30 AM

hi,

cheers

derek

Except me (lol) ........

One of the best comedy lines ever but it was Kenneth Williams in Carry on Cleo Dave.

I stand corrected .......I thought it was from Up Pompeii :-S .......

Should've googled it first ;-) .......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-23 10:29 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-11-23 9:34 AM

I thought it was Infamy Infamy they've all got it In For Me

Perhaps Dave read the Daily Mail version ?

Rather apt quote for today's everyone's a victim culture dontcha think? ;-) ......

John52 - 2017-11-23 10:25 AM
pelmetman - 2017-11-23 9:30 AMspouted by those who think those too idle to get a job are the victims *-) .............
I never said the Royal Family are the victims

Hey there our resident obsessive.....I would like to see you keep up with all the boring, tedious and utterly consuming life that a lot of the Royals have to contend with.

Anyway thanks for keeping up the predictability...it is reassuring you demonstrate some things in this country are so utterly reliable. Unfortunately you produce nothing of merit......a bit like the old Austin Maxi production line......  :-)

RogerC - 2017-11-23 2:11 PM

boring, tedious and utterly consuming life that a lot of the Royals have to contend with

All the more reason to have an election.

So they wouldn't 'have to contend with' it

And we subjects wouldn't be forcibly subjected to them.

RogerC - 2017-11-23 2:11 PM
John52 - 2017-11-23 10:25 AM
pelmetman - 2017-11-23 9:30 AMspouted by those who think those too idle to get a job are the victims *-) .............
I never said the Royal Family are the victims

Hey there our resident obsessive.....I would like to see you keep up with all the boring, tedious and utterly consuming life that a lot of the Royals have to contend with.

Anyway thanks for keeping up the predictability...it is reassuring you demonstrate some things in this country are so utterly reliable. Unfortunately you produce nothing of merit......a bit like the old Austin Maxi production line......  :-)
I think you'll find it was the Austin Maestro and Montego production line that produced the worst cars.They were utterly crap, my mate had one for about a week, I remember driving it and thinking I'd rather have a Lada or an FSO Polonez than this - handled like a shopping trolley!

John52 - 2017-11-23 2:36 PM
RogerC - 2017-11-23 2:11 PM boring, tedious and utterly consuming life that a lot of the Royals have to contend with
All the more reason to have an election. So they wouldn't 'have to contend with' it And we subjects wouldn't be forcibly subjected to them.

I see no point when those who carry out those duties, duties that impinge and in some cases dominate ones life are quite content to do so....in other words they 'serve'.  Still were it not for the Royals you'd have a lot less to whinge about so be thankful John because they are clearly a great part of your life.....  :-)

Archived