Brexit Impact Assessment

John52

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-12-13 1:44 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-13 11:51 AM

Young people voted to have their student debt wiped out only then for Corbyn to go back on it ...

Corbyn hasn't gone back on it - he never got the opportunity to do it. And if he gets in next time he won't have the money to do it because the Tories have given it to the DUP and EU etc. Corbyn is being honest.

What do you mean he cant afford it? 8-) ........

He's got a special money tree ain't he? >:-) ........

How else is going privatise the trains/water etc? ;-) .........

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2017-12-13 1:44 PM

John52 - 2017-12-13 10:00 AM

Well the EU have been offered E50bn as the Divorce settlement Boris Johnson said they could 'whistle for'

Whether they whistled to get it I don't know.

But even Johnson has changed his tune from 'whistle for it' to honuring our committments'

So maybe we are finally getting a dose of realism?

Cheap at twice the price B-) ........and worth every penny if it gets us out of the EU >:-) ........

Well that is what should be put to the vote.

So people can vote on the actual deal.

Not the promises Johnson made and can't keep.

At least Corbyn is not making promises he can no longer keep - because the money he would have used to reduce student debt has been given to the DUP to buy Tory votes.

pelmetman - 2017-12-13 1:49 PM

Young people voted to have their student debt wiped out only then for Corbyn to go back on it ...

Corbyn hasn't gone back on it - he never got the opportunity to do it. And if he gets in next time he won't have the money to do it because the Tories have given it to the DUP and EU etc. Corbyn is being honest.

What do you mean he cant afford it? 8-) ........

He's got a special money tree ain't he? >:-) ........

How else is going privatise the trains/water etc? ;-) .........

Corbyn would borrow money to invest in essential services that produce a profit.

Nothing wrong with borrowing to invest in productive industry.

You don't need a magic money tree because people will lend you money when they see you using it wisely.

Problem is Theresa May is borrowing to throw away - E50bn to the EU, DUP, Trident etc.

She is the one needing a magic money tree

He's said that and used those explanations to not do so has he as he made the student promise knowing an EU divorce bill was needed and went back on his word before the divorce amount had been negotiated ???

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-12-13 1:56 PM

You don't need a magic money tree because people will lend you money when they see you using it wisely.

Labour???? 8-) .........

Hahahahahaha (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........That's the funniest thing you've ever said B-) .........

He said Labour would "deal with it" ... If your a gullible young numpty who he and Momentum targeted very well during the election then you'd take it that meant wiping it out ... Seems not though ... Best not to use the phrase 'wiped out' I think when talking about Corbyn given his terrorist loving past

antony1969 - 2017-12-13 4:43 PM

Best not to use the phrase 'wiped out' I think when talking about Corbyn given his terrorist loving past

as I said on the other thread

John52 - 2017-12-11 10:45 AM

Well I expected you to try and sidetrack into another of your personal attacks.

But the fact remains bombs can't discriminate between terrorists and innocents.

I always try and put myself in my opponents shoes to understand them

Imagine you lived in some foreign country with your family beneath RAF bombs. Would you spend time musing over whether the RAF who dropped bombs on your loved ones intended to hurt them? Or would you have more regard for the hero of your community who went over to where they came from (Lincolnshire) and dropped a few indiscriminate bombs (or equivalent) there in retaliation?

The Government spends £100 billion a year on its military (Highest in Europe) so it wants to get some use out of it. But as far as I can see there is no military solution to terrorism. Like there wasn't in Northern Ireland. We always have to negotiate in the end. Unfortunately it takes brains to do that - and to explain it through a hostile media. Wheras anyone can just send the miltary in to bomb them - and avoid being called a 'terrorist sympathiser' by a hostile media.

Corbyn given his terrorist loving past

Corbyn voted against supplying weapons to Iraq, then he voted against the illegal invasion of Iraq

Does that make him a Saddam Hussein lover?

Even though its much more dificult, Corbyn prefers dialogue with terrorists instead of sending others to bomb them - which will hit any innocents who might happen to be there.

To use that against Corbyn and call him a terrorist lover is pretty low.

What might be called a cheap shot.

And it encourages other politicians to send us into even more disastrous wars, lest they be called 'terrorist lovers' as well :-(

And so we end up being the only country in the world to have been at war every year for over 100 years :-(

John52 - 2017-12-13 6:22 PM

Corbyn given his terrorist loving past

Corbyn voted against supplying weapons to Iraq, then he voted against the illegal invasion of Iraq

Does that make him a Saddam Hussein lover?

Even though its much more dificult, Corbyn prefers dialogue with terrorists instead of sending others to bomb them - which will hit any innocents who might happen to be there.

To use that against Corbyn and call him a terrorist lover is pretty low.

What might be called a cheap shot.

And it encourages other politicians to send us into even more disastrous wars, lest they be called 'terrorist lovers' as well :-(

And so we end up being the only country in the world to have been at war every year for over 100 years :-(

IRA , Hezbollah , Hamas ... Shamefull

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-12-13 4:17 PM

To be fair I think Corbyn promised to end future university fees but would look at how they could reduce the burden of past debt, particularly for those that were hit by the £9000 period. He never promised that it would be wiped out.

Why should anyone expect free university courses? :-| .........

Frankly over educating an idiot just means you have an educated idiot in my experience *-) ........

pelmetman - 2017-12-14 6:30 PM

Why should anyone expect free university courses? :-| .........

Frankly over educating an idiot just means you have an educated idiot in my experience *-) ........

Well - you took me by surprise by that revelation Dave !

Which University did you go to ?

;-)

p.s. sorry - couldn't let that one pass.

Barryd999 - 2017-12-13 4:17 PMTo be fair I think Corbyn promised to end future university fees but would look at how they could reduce the burden of past debt, particularly for those that were hit by the £9000 period. He never promised that it would be wiped out.
Why should anyone expect free university courses? :-| .........Frankly over educating an idiot just means you have an educated idiot in my experience *-) ........
Must resist......must resist..... :-)

Why should anyone expect free university courses?

Because they can't afford to pay?

And because we need educated people. Britain's high cost of living means we cannot compete with the third world on cheapness of labour. We can only compete on quality and innovation - for which we need education.

I agree some education is wasted by educating people in non productive subjects.

That problem needs solving.

But solving the problem by denying education - including productive education - to all those who can't afford it is a bit too drastic in my opinion.

Like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Disastrous not only for them, but also for you if you are relying on them working and paying taxes towards your pension.

John52 - 2017-12-14 11:55 PM

antony1969 - 2017-12-13 6:51 PM

IRA , Hezbollah , Hamas ... Shamefull

Whats shameful is to call Corbyn a 'Terrorist Lover' because he prefers dialogue with them, to sending others to bomb them and anyone else who happens to be nearby.

He's never had the power to bomb them as you put it or take an official government role in dialogue so how do you know ??? ... All he's done is show his support for those I named so as I say he's a terrorist lover

antony1969 - 2017-12-15 9:05 AM

He's never had the power to bomb them as you put it or take an official government role in dialogue so how do you know ??? ... All he's done is show his support for those I named so as I say he's a terrorist lover

Corbyn had a vote which he used to vote against the illegal invasion of Iraq.

He was also very active in the demonstration against it.

(And his predictions of the outcome have been very accurate)

Where is your evidence he 'showed his support for those you named' *-)

And if he showed his support for them as you claim why do you think he wanted to bomb them *-)

Interesting argument in the comment section of The Times today put forward by Philip Collins. He maintains that the threat of losing the deal in parliament will now become part of her the Prime Minister's negotiating position pushing her into a gentler, kinder position which he claims the majority of the public favour.

Violet1956 - 2017-12-15 9:52 AMInteresting argument in the comment section of The Times today put forward by Philip Collins. He maintains that the threat of losing the deal in parliament will now become part of her the Prime Minister's negotiating position pushing her into a gentler, kinder position which he claims the majority of the public favour.
Surely political stance/negotiations at this high, stratospheric, level was always going to be tough.  Both sides wanting the best so a lot of 'playing hardball' is to be expected?  I shouldn't think gentle/kind would ever come into it

Archived