antony1969 - 2018-05-21 12:27 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-21 11:13 AM

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 6:35 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-20 9:29 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 8:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 8:28 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-20 7:21 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-20 7:11 PM

20 weeks is hardly 'history'. *-) But it's obvious you don't want to answer and here is the reason why you won't;

1) How many school shootings has the entire UK had in the past 20 weeks of this year? NONE

2) How many UK school shootings in the last 20 years have there been? NONE

Well they have sprogs with guns..........and we have Islamists with bombs & knives *-) ......

Why can you not accept simple fact the US has mass shootings with regularity whereas we don't? And ethnicity doesn't come into it unless you want to question how many US school shootings have been carried out by non-Muslim.......but i doubt you'd like to touch on that as it's somewhat embarrassing for you to address that point isn't it?

Eh? :-S .......It's pretty obvious why they don't have the home grown terrorist problems like we have bullet >:-) ............

Because they have mostly black ghetto's ............

We have mostly Islamic ghetto's .......apart from the London *-) ........

Ah so America doesnt have a problem with Muslims then? So why is Trumpy so rabid about banning them then. He can ban Muslims and even lock out American Muslims out of their own country who happened to be abroad when the ban took place but thousands of people getting gunned down ever year and hundreds of kiddies getting shot up at school is ok? You couldnt make it up, you really couldnt.

Lets ban millions of peaceful Muslims from America in case one of them has a bomb or wants to go mental lopping peoples heads of but if your white and a proper nutcase, even certified you can go and buy a military grade assault rifle semi Automatic from Asda or whatever its called over there and fill yer boots. Good Grief!

I suppose when as a country you've had a little thing like 9/11 happen you maybe can be forgiven for being a little careful and acting on Obamas threat list ... 3000 murdered and 6000 injured by Muslims and those deaths were celebrated in many Muslim places throughout the world and I witnessed some of those Muslim celebrations the day after in Keighley which ended with my motor getting stoned by a group of Muslims I confronted ... Lovely people ... Maybe 9/11 was a big Jewish conspiracy ... School shootings mainly carried out by fruitcake white loops , Islamic terrorism carried out by Muslims and supported by countless millions of other Muslims who want to convert us dirty non-believers into submission

9/11 was nearly two decades ago and what has there been since on American Soil? As terrible as 9/11 was where around 3000 people died since then over half a million Americans have died from from being shot. Yes we need to be vigilant in the west against the tiny proportion of Muslims that have gone down the route of Terrorism to support their perverted interpretation of Islam and some holy war they believe they are fighting but whichever way you look at it there was more none Muslim Terrorism in Europe certainly in the 70's and 80s than there is from Islamic Terrorism now.

Lets face it, Trump just doesnt like Muslims, blacks or anyone a bit foreign. Many people dont, they just dont always become President.

Your defending the indefensible though as far as the US Gun laws regardless of what you think about Muslims being a threat, their gun laws are just crackers and most of the rest of the world and a hell of a lot of Americans agree with that.

"Tiny proportion" ... Your having a laugh aren't ya ... You claim I defend the indefensible ... Guns do what it says on the label , they kill ... Religion shouldn't ... How many have been killed or injured in the last 20 years in the name of the religion of peace ??? ... America's gun laws aren't "crackers" it's those who pull the trigger that are crackers

You maybe should have a read of what this American Muslim had to say about Terrorism in 2015 although I suspect you either wont believe it or like it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-alnatour/muslims-are-not-terrorist_b_8718000.html

If American Gun laws are not crackers how do you explain their humongous death toll from shootings then? I dont see what difference it makes if the excuse for killing is a so called religious one or that the person worships Hat Stands or just doesnt like black people. A nutter is a nutter. Are we then saying that America has a disproportionate number of nutters then because this isnt happening anywhere else, at least not in such high volumes.

It happens because the nutters have access to guns, end of.

Its perfectly simple. Ban military weapons, nobody needs them, make it law to store weapons in locked cabinets and make it impossible for nutters or potential nutters to get a permit.

Given the OPs original post was about another disgusting school shooting I'd like to know how you'd prevent another ... Given that most high school slaughter is by minors who aren't allowed legally to own guns in the US but manage to get them ... They also unfortunately manage to kill many with those guns which also is illegal in the US and they also don't care much for the gun-free schools act which prohibits fire arms within a certain distance from schools ... Every step they've taken they've broken the law with the sole purpose of carrying out something which thankfully is a mainly American problem ... How will you stop that Barry from happening again when there are over 100 million firearms in the US

Ive just said how to stop it or at least reduce it. Ban certain weapons and make it law that they are locked up by a certified permit holder like they are here. Didnt that kid just go and get his fathers gun? If it was locked up how would he have got hold of it? Children can buy guns in some states in America! Limit the purchase of guns to proper Gun stores and have similar hoops to jump through to what we have here to get a permit. If people are serious about their guns for recreational / hunting use etc then they shouldnt object to that. It works here.

Amnesty for banned guns for a year then 5 years in prison if caught in possession of an illegal weapon.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-05-21 5:59 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-21 5:47 PM

20 weeks is hardly 'history'. *-) But it's obvious you don't want to answer and here is the reason why you won't;

1) How many school shootings has the entire UK had in the past 20 weeks of this year? NONE

Well they have sprogs with guns..........and we have Islamists with bombs & knives *-) ......

Why can you not accept simple fact the US has mass shootings with regularity whereas we don't? And ethnicity doesn't come into it unless you want to question how many US school shootings have been carried out by non-Muslim.......but i doubt you'd like to touch on that as it's somewhat embarrassing for you to address that point isn't it?

Eh? :-S .......It's pretty obvious why they don't have the home grown terrorist problems like we have bullet >:-) ............

Ah so America doesnt have a problem with Muslims then? So why is Trumpy so rabid about banning them then. He can ban Muslims and even lock out American Muslims out of their own country who happened to be abroad when the ban took place but thousands of people getting gunned down ever year and hundreds of kiddies getting shot up at school is ok? You couldnt make it up, you really couldnt.

Lets ban millions of peaceful Muslims from America in case one of them has a bomb or wants to go mental lopping peoples heads of but if your white and a proper nutcase, even certified you can go and buy a military grade assault rifle semi Automatic from Asda or whatever its called over there and fill yer boots. Good Grief!

I suppose when as a country you've had a little thing like 9/11 happen you maybe can be forgiven for being a little careful and acting on Obamas threat list ... 3000 murdered and 6000 injured by Muslims and those deaths were celebrated in many Muslim places throughout the world and I witnessed some of those Muslim celebrations the day after in Keighley which ended with my motor getting stoned by a group of Muslims I confronted ... Lovely people ... Maybe 9/11 was a big Jewish conspiracy ... School shootings mainly carried out by fruitcake white loops , Islamic terrorism carried out by Muslims and supported by countless millions of other Muslims who want to convert us dirty non-believers into submission

9/11 was nearly two decades ago and what has there been since on American Soil? As terrible as 9/11 was where around 3000 people died since then over half a million Americans have died from from being shot. Yes we need to be vigilant in the west against the tiny proportion of Muslims that have gone down the route of Terrorism to support their perverted interpretation of Islam and some holy war they believe they are fighting but whichever way you look at it there was more none Muslim Terrorism in Europe certainly in the 70's and 80s than there is from Islamic Terrorism now.

Lets face it, Trump just doesnt like Muslims, blacks or anyone a bit foreign. Many people dont, they just dont always become President.

Your defending the indefensible though as far as the US Gun laws regardless of what you think about Muslims being a threat, their gun laws are just crackers and most of the rest of the world and a hell of a lot of Americans agree with that.

"Tiny proportion" ... Your having a laugh aren't ya ... You claim I defend the indefensible ... Guns do what it says on the label , they kill ... Religion shouldn't ... How many have been killed or injured in the last 20 years in the name of the religion of peace ??? ... America's gun laws aren't "crackers" it's those who pull the trigger that are crackers

You maybe should have a read of what this American Muslim had to say about Terrorism in 2015 although I suspect you either wont believe it or like it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-alnatour/muslims-are-not-terrorist_b_8718000.html

If American Gun laws are not crackers how do you explain their humongous death toll from shootings then? I dont see what difference it makes if the excuse for killing is a so called religious one or that the person worships Hat Stands or just doesnt like black people. A nutter is a nutter. Are we then saying that America has a disproportionate number of nutters then because this isnt happening anywhere else, at least not in such high volumes.

Its perfectly simple. Ban military weapons, nobody needs them, make it law to store weapons in locked cabinets and make it impossible for nutters or potential nutters to get a permit.

Given the OPs original post was about another disgusting school shooting I'd like to know how you'd prevent another ... Given that most high school slaughter is by minors who aren't allowed legally to own guns in the US but manage to get them ... They also unfortunately manage to kill many with those guns which also is illegal in the US and they also don't care much for the gun-free schools act which prohibits fire arms within a certain distance from schools ... Every step they've taken they've broken the law with the sole purpose of carrying out something which thankfully is a mainly American problem ... How will you stop that Barry from happening again when there are over 100 million firearms in the US

Changing the 2nd Amendment would be a start and the clue is in the word itself.....amendment, meaning it can be amended but the NRA and gun nut fanatics have always done their utmost to reject any attempt on that. People want change but they''re being ignored by those who could make changes.

The law as it currently stands is totally insane anyway. An AR-15 and similar other military grade weaponry can be bought three years before they can buy a bottle of beer. There is also absolutely no excuse or need for military grade weaponry or any semi-automatic weapon to be in the hands of private citizens.

Barryd999 - 2018-05-21 6:17 PM

Ive just said how to stop it or at least reduce it. Ban certain weapons and make it law that they are locked up by a certified permit holder like they are here. Didnt that kid just go and get his fathers gun? If it was locked up how would he have got hold of it? Children can buy guns in some states in America! Limit the purchase of guns to proper Gun stores and have similar hoops to jump through to what we have here to get a permit. If people are serious about their guns for recreational / hunting use etc then they shouldnt object to that. It works here.

Amnesty for banned guns for a year then 5 years in prison if caught in possession of an illegal weapon.

Many states don't even have legislation requiring guns to be secured and locked. Here in UK you'd have your licence revoked and your guns taken away.

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/firearms-and-children-legislation/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D

That kid did use his dads legal guns but how do you know they weren't locked up ??? Which parent would believe his own son would steal his guns to carry out a massacre ??? ... The US has over 100 million weapons in circulation just how difficult do you think it would be for a kid intent on carrying out a massacre to buy a weapon if you suddenly banned em ... They aint legal here but away from your Lala land existence here in the pits I bet I could have a gun purchased ready for delivery before the weeks out

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:16 PM

That kid did use his dads legal guns but how do you know they weren't locked up ???

Why bother when security is not a legal requirement? You haven't read that link i posted have you?

Which parent would believe his own son would steal his guns to carry out a massacre ??? ...

Any responsible parent would so you safeguard against it. His father obviously hadn't.

The US has over 100 million weapons in circulation just how difficult do you think it would be for a kid intent on carrying out a massacre to buy a weapon if you suddenly banned em ...

Not very.....but why make it easier?

They aint legal here but away from your Lala land existence here in the pits I bet I could have a gun purchased ready for delivery before the weeks out

How long is it since you bought an AR-15 here in UK? Try that one and see how far you'd get!

That kid did use his dads legal guns but how do you know they weren't locked up ??? Which parent would believe his own son would steal his guns to carry out a massacre ??? ... The US has over 100 million weapons in circulation just how difficult do you think it would be for a kid intent on carrying out a massacre to buy a weapon if you suddenly banned em ... They aint legal here but away from your Lala land existence here in the pits I bet I could have a gun purchased ready for delivery before the weeks out

Well one who's son was a bit of an odd ball loner who wore a T shirt with "Born to Kill" written on it might have made you wonder a bit. At least enough to make sure your gun was locked away anyway.

There may be 100 million guns now but proper legislation with heavy sentences for illegal guns would eventually tighten that up. Its a pointless argument. The evidence of how stupid their gun laws are and what is happening as a result is just overwhelming

There are probably more guns here than people Antony but so far no massacres.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 8:36 PM

That kid did use his dads legal guns but how do you know they weren't locked up ???

Why bother when security is not a legal requirement? You haven't read that link i posted have you?

Which parent would believe his own son would steal his guns to carry out a massacre ??? ...

Any responsible parent would so you safeguard against it. His father obviously hadn't.

The US has over 100 million weapons in circulation just how difficult do you think it would be for a kid intent on carrying out a massacre to buy a weapon if you suddenly banned em ...

They aint legal here but away from your Lala land existence here in the pits I bet I could have a gun purchased ready for delivery before the weeks out

How long is it since you bought an AR-15 here in UK? Try that one and see how far you'd get!

The gunman was a minor , according to your chart the firearm should have been in safe storage and how do we know it wasn't ??? If a loopy kid is intent on going on a murder spree then no amount of locking em up is guna stop him is it ???

Any responsible parent would believe their child capable of a school massacre ??? Are you for real ???

I don't how easy it is to buy a AR-15 here in Blighty but maybe its as easy as buying or using Kalashnikovs as they have in Marseille today again ... They arent legal in France are they ???

Barryd999 - 2018-05-21 8:39 PM

Well one who's son was a bit of an odd ball loner who wore a T shirt with "Born to Kill" written on it might have made you wonder a bit. At least enough to make sure your gun was locked away anyway.

There may be 100 million guns now but proper legislation with heavy sentences for illegal guns would eventually tighten that up. Its a pointless argument. The evidence of how stupid their gun laws are and what is happening as a result is just overwhelming

No gun massacres here Barry ... You sure ??? ... "Born to Kill" on his t-shirt really ??? ... I used to have a t-shirt saying "destroy" did it mean I wanted to destroy everything

The number of licenced weapons in UK is miniscule.

Firearm certificates

There were 154,958 firearm certificates as at 31 March 2017; an increase of 1% (1,554) compared with the previous year

There were 559,302 firearms (covered by firearm certificates) as at 31 March 2017; an increase of 4% (20,108) compared with the previous year

There were 9,825 new applications for firearm certificates in the year to 31 March 2017, of which 98% (9,620) were granted and 2% (205) were refused

A total of 358 firearms certificates were revoked in the year to 31 March 2017; a decrease of 10% (-38) compared with the previous year

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/firearm-and-shotgun-certificates-in-england-and-wales-financial-year-ending-march-2017

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 8:55 PM

Firearm certificates

There were 154,958 firearm certificates as at 31 March 2017; an increase of 1% (1,554) compared with the previous year

There were 559,302 firearms (covered by firearm certificates) as at 31 March 2017; an increase of 4% (20,108) compared with the previous year

There were 9,825 new applications for firearm certificates in the year to 31 March 2017, of which 98% (9,620) were granted and 2% (205) were refused

A total of 358 firearms certificates were revoked in the year to 31 March 2017; a decrease of 10% (-38) compared with the previous year

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/firearm-and-shotgun-certificates-in-england-and-wales-financial-year-ending-march-2017

Its not licensed ones you need worry about ... Its these 4 million https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/4-million-guns-uk-streets-7598164

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:55 PM

Another stabbing in London , another foreign sounding fella ... Should we ban knives and if they are already banned it shows with 66 deaths so far this year how easy it is to purchase banned weapons https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/963148/london-news-islington-upper-street-man-stabbed-death-london-knife-crime

Another murder in Yorkshire. Three women arrested including a 71 year old who made 'a very severe physical attack' on another woman.

How come you haven't picked up on this? :-S

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/barnsley-murder-police-arrest-woman-victim-claire-louise-smith-a8361561.html

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:58 PM

Firearm certificates

Its not licensed ones you need worry about ... Its these 4 million https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/4-million-guns-uk-streets-7598164

Even if that's to be believed that still only equates to 0.6% of the entire population!

US is estimated to have 357 million (2015 figure) in circulation and God knows how many illegal because the checks are so poor anyway.

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-many-guns-are-there-in-america-the-statistics-are-staggering-2746615

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:51 PM

No gun massacres here Barry ... You sure ??? ... "Born to Kill" on his t-shirt really ??? ... I used to have a t-shirt saying "destroy" did it mean I wanted to destroy everything

I Was referring to here as been where I live. LaLa Land as you call it not the whole of the UK. Loads of people have guns here in LaLa Land. My pal down the road has a cabinet full of em but everyone I know who has one has them safely locked away, has to have them checked every year or at random and adhere to strict rules and jump through a lot of hoops to get a licence, especially for a rifle. No massacres although I did get my Golf passenger window shattered by an idiot with a 12 bore once (while I was driving it)

(lol)

All they have to do is follow our lead on Gun control and their gun problems whilst they will not go away completely will be eventually vastly reduced. Just look at the stats for countries that have strict gun laws for such killings compared to those that dont like America. As I said, the evidence is overwhelming.

Tightening up the laws in US would actually be the easy bit....IF only those in power could be ars*d to make the changes but they don't want to. They're more concerned with making up potty excuses such as 'too many doors in schools....not enough armed teachers' (guns guns guns....give 'em more guns)....oh, and abortion is to blame too believe it or not with broken families that play video games all day. *-)

By far the hardest part and i'm even in doubt as to whether this is achievable, would be changing the psyche, the mindset of the American, because this is at the root of the problem. A gung ho yee ha shoot 'em up mentality where toting a gun is seen as 'tough' and 'well 'ard'. That's not saying every single American is like that as they aren't, there are some very anti-gun.....but they are a minority and almost unheard voice.

Switzerland is often quoted as an example of high gun ownership and indeed it does, BUT their mindset and psyche is completely detached from that of the USA. Their last mass shooting was in 2001 when a man off his head ran into a parliament building in Zug and shot 15 people dead including himself. They've never had a school shooting.....that just doesn't happen. Most gun deaths in Switzerland are suicides....they don't strut around shooting other folk up.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 9:06 PM

Another stabbing in London , another foreign sounding fella ... Should we ban knives and if they are already banned it shows with 66 deaths so far this year how easy it is to purchase banned weapons https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/963148/london-news-islington-upper-street-man-stabbed-death-london-knife-crime

Another murder in Yorkshire. Three women arrested including a 71 year old who made 'a very severe physical attack' on another woman.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/barnsley-murder-police-arrest-woman-victim-claire-louise-smith-a8361561.html

Yorkshire isnt suffering from a gun/knife/acid epidemic

Bulletguy - 2018-05-21 9:14 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:58 PM

Firearm certificates

Even if that's to be believed that still only equates to 0.6% of the entire population!

US is estimated to have 357 million (2015 figure) in circulation and God knows how many illegal because the checks are so poor anyway.

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-many-guns-are-there-in-america-the-statistics-are-staggering-2746615

4 Million guns ... UK population 65 million ... You sure you've got your percentages right ... Isnt the figure nearer 7% of the population

Barryd999 - 2018-05-21 11:10 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:51 PM

I Was referring to here as been where I live. LaLa Land as you call it not the whole of the UK. Loads of people have guns here in LaLa Land. My pal down the road has a cabinet full of em but everyone I know who has one has them safely locked away, has to have them checked every year or at random and adhere to strict rules and jump through a lot of hoops to get a licence, especially for a rifle. No massacres although I did get my Golf passenger window shattered by an idiot with a 12 bore once (while I was driving it)

(lol)

All they have to do is follow our lead on Gun control and their gun problems whilst they will not go away completely will be eventually vastly reduced. Just look at the stats for countries that have strict gun laws for such killings compared to those that dont like America. As I said, the evidence is overwhelming.

Drugs are banned in the US as here and we have massive problems with them but especially the US ... Folk still get them quite easily and it leads to all types of criminality despite the laws against them ... If you suddenly ban guns in the US do you seriously believe it will be difficult to buy a weapon ??? A kid who's intent on becoming a member of the school shooting club will not be stopped and will not find it difficult to get a weapon ... The only thing that will change is because the guns are illegal they will become more expensive and to buy more expensive guns more crime will take place to have the money to buy the weapons

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:48 PM

The gunman was a minor , according to your chart the firearm should have been in safe storage...

No. If you read the chart you'd see it clearly states "no" under "safe storage or gun lock requirement" for Texas.

It has a "Child access prevention law" it defines as "laws in place designed to prevent children from accessing firearms, including laws imposing crimimal liability when a child gains access to a firearm as a result of negligent firearm storage, laws preventing people from providing firearms to minors, and safe storage requirements that apply to all firearms in the state. State definitions of "minor" may range from children under 14 to those under 18."

That's pretty sloppy as "Safe Storage or Gun Lock Requirment" would be the obvious answer to stopping the above occurring.

If a loopy kid is intent on going on a murder spree then no amount of locking em up is guna stop him is it ???

Yes you can start by making it extremely secure. Where i used to work, the range used for testing live rounds had an armoury. Access to the armoury could only be gained by written authorisation from the factory Director and whoever was going inside had to be accompanied by their line manager....nobody could ever go in alone.

Any responsible parent would believe their child capable of a school massacre ??? Are you for real ???

Children do daft things....we've all been there. A child is a parents responsibility to ensure they are well brought up and taught about safety and danger. Back in my day it was more a case of being taught road safety, now today parents have social media abuse to deal with.

I don't how easy it is to buy a AR-15 here in Blighty but maybe its as easy as buying or using Kalashnikovs as they have in Marseille today again ... They arent legal in France are they ???

Impossible in UK under our gun laws. I'm not familiar with gun law in France though even if they can, i cannot recall any mass school shootings which are a weekly occurrence in the US.

antony1969 - 2018-05-22 6:05 AM

So what is your grand daughter supposedly receiving lessons on protection from "school invaders" for??!! ;-)

Bulletguy - 2018-05-22 1:31 PM

So what is your grand daughter supposedly receiving lessons on protection from "school invaders" for??!! ;-)

That'll be something not purely a Yorkshire problem ... Islamic terrorism , ya know Muslims going into buildings and shooting folk and blowing themselves up just like that event in Manchester where many other young girls were slaughtered. .. Did ya think they've been told to hide under tables in case a wild dog gets into school ... You'll see on notice boards in schools and some public buildings in France information on what to do in the event of a terrorist attack ... Then again they don't have a problem either do they

Bulletguy - 2018-05-22 1:19 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-21 8:48 PM

The gunman was a minor , according to your chart the firearm should have been in safe storage...

No. If you read the chart you'd see it clearly states "no" under "safe storage or gun lock requirement" for Texas.

It has a "Child access prevention law" it defines as "laws in place designed to prevent children from accessing firearms, including laws imposing crimimal liability when a child gains access to a firearm as a result of negligent firearm storage, laws preventing people from providing firearms to minors, and safe storage requirements that apply to all firearms in the state. State definitions of "minor" may range from children under 14 to those under 18."

That's pretty sloppy as "Safe Storage or Gun Lock Requirment" would be the obvious answer to stopping the above occurring.

If a loopy kid is intent on going on a murder spree then no amount of locking em up is guna stop him is it ???

Yes you can start by making it extremely secure. Where i used to work, the range used for testing live rounds had an armoury. Access to the armoury could only be gained by written authorisation from the factory Director and whoever was going inside had to be accompanied by their line manager....nobody could ever go in alone.

Children do daft things....we've all been there. A child is a parents responsibility to ensure they are well brought up and taught about safety and danger. Back in my day it was more a case of being taught road safety, now today parents have social media abuse to deal with.

Impossible in UK under our gun laws. I'm not familiar with gun law in France though even if they can, i cannot recall any mass school shootings which are a weekly occurrence in the US.

Any parent who believes their child is capable of mass shootings or any attack with the sole purpose to take lives who doesn't inform the authorities should be locked up shouldn't they never mind anything else ... Mind that would mean up and down Europe a lot of Muslim parents would be locked up ... Suppose they'd be in good company in the nick

antony1969 - 2018-05-22 2:36 PM

That'll be something not purely a Yorkshire problem ... Islamic terrorism , ya know Muslims going into buildings and shooting folk and blowing themselves up just like that event in Manchester where many other young girls were slaughtered. .. Did ya think they've been told to hide under tables in case a wild dog gets into school ... You'll see on notice boards in schools and some public buildings in France information on what to do in the event of a terrorist attack ... Then again they don't have a problem either do they

Seems to be all 'nice' white American kids doing the school shootings. Last we had here was that nutcase at Dunblane 22 years ago. Hhmm come to think of it he was a white guy too. At least that brought in dramatic change to UK gun laws but a shame 16 school children and a teacher paid for it with their lives.

No school shootings in UK since though.

antony1969 - 2018-05-22 2:41 PM

Any parent who believes their child is capable of mass shootings or any attack with the sole purpose to take lives who doesn't inform the authorities should be locked up shouldn't they never mind anything else ... Mind that would mean up and down Europe a lot of Muslim parents would be locked up ... Suppose they'd be in good company in the nick

No idea why you're obsessing over Muslims (again!) as the US school shooters all seem to be 'nice' all American white kids. You need to concentrate on that and keep that fact in mind.

I like to think the majority of parents with children bring them up with respect, decency and firm guidance and discipline...but there's always those who turn a blind eye to what their children are up to or even genuinely ignorant of what they are up to. Seems this Texas lad had an unhealthy interest by the rubbish he was posting on social media and what he was following so the warning signs were there.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-22 3:07 PM

Seems to be all 'nice' white American kids doing the school shootings. Last we had here was that nutcase at Dunblane 22 years ago. Hhmm come to think of it he was a white guy too. At least that brought in dramatic change to UK gun laws but a shame 16 school children and a teacher paid for it with their lives.

No idea why you're obsessing over Muslims (again!) as the US school shooters all seem to be 'nice' all American white kids. You need to concentrate on that and keep that fact in mind.

I like to think the majority of parents with children bring them up with respect, decency and firm guidance and discipline...but there's always those who turn a blind eye to what their children are up to or even genuinely ignorant of what they are up to. Seems this Texas lad had an unhealthy interest by the rubbish he was posting on social media and what he was following so the warning signs were there.

So If the last one we had was Dunblane 22 years ago why are schools like my grandaughters starting such lessons now ??? ... That'll be the Muslim threat won't it

Your more of a fool.than I thought you were if you believe children even from the strictest homes don't get up to things behind their parents back ... Are you saying yours never got up to mischief even though you taught them respect , decency , firm guidance and discipline

antony1969 - 2018-05-22 3:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-05-22 3:07 PM

So If the last one we had was Dunblane 22 years ago why are schools like my grandaughters starting such lessons now ??? ... That'll be the Muslim threat won't it

Given there has never been any 'Muslim attacks' on any schools anywhere in UK....ever......obviously it's not the threat you believe. It seems as though you almost want it to be though!

Your more of a fool.than I thought you were if you believe children even from the strictest homes don't get up to things behind their parents back ... Are you saying yours never got up to mischief even though you taught them respect , decency , firm guidance and discipline

Now you're not only wriggling again here but you twisting what i said around to fit into your own narrative.Stop playing games!

I said before children do daft things....and we've all been there. A child is a parents responsibility to ensure they are well brought up and taught about safety and danger. Back in my day it was more a case of being taught road safety, now today parents have social media abuse to deal with which didn't exist then.

I got up to mischief as a lad and did some daft things, but i had strict parenting and if my dad got to hear about anything i was dealt with. I wasn't alone in that. That went for the vast majority of lads i was at school with. If you got into any trouble outside home then the last person you went crying to would be your parents.

I once got a clip round the ear and a right verbal dressing down by a copper for the heinous 'crime' of throwing pebbles at an advertising board. I was around 8 at the time but never forgot about it. I never even told my parents about it until i was in my mid teens.

Firm discipline. A lot of folk don't like hearing that today and call it 'child abuse'. Today, that copper who clipped me one would either end up on suspension or sacked because they can't touch 'em now....and kids know that.

Archived