Emergency phone number

Billggski

I was just reminded that the emergency phone number in most countries is 112, even the UK, so if you are abroad using this number will put you in touch, even if your mobile is locked or you have no credit.

There have been cases of folk in trouble phoning their family back in the UK to contact the emergency services as they don't know who to phone. A few phrases pre prepared in the local language would help.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/112_(emergency_telephone_number)

(It's managed by the eu, but will presumably continue after brexit)

• 1 year later...
willistrong - 2020-04-08 2:46 PM

yeah, it actually happened to me 😄 I called 112, but in my country there is other emergency phone number

I was really shocked when I found out that in my country the emergency number is 211, lol. This is very strange to me. Why is it reversed ?? I started to google, and the only thing I found is that it's an angelic number with a special power. I have read about that on (Moderated) and I think that this is why it's an emergency number.

• 2 years later...
On 4/13/2020 at 3:46 PM, willistrong said:

I was really shocked when I found out that in my country the emergency number is 211, lol. This is very strange to me. Why is it reversed ?? I started to google, and the only thing I found is that it's an angelic number with a special power. I have read about that on (Moderated) and I think that this is why it's an emergency number.

I did a quick Google search and found no 211 emergency number. Are you sure it is 211 or 1220, and what country are you from?

Archived