My No Deal Brexit planning.......

Guest pelmetman

Barryd999 - 2018-09-15 11:54 AM

antony1969 - 2018-09-15 9:09 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-15 7:48 AM

antony1969 - 2018-09-15 6:49 AM

Utter rubbish ... I know lads who work in London all the time and they say like anywhere you have to look around for value ... You can pay big money to drink and eat out there but you can do the same here in Huddersfield ... We have pubs knocking out £2 pints then we have bars knocking out much higher priced beer ... Its the same in all big towns and cities ... As for surviving/living you dont need anywhere near what Barry says to live in London if ya did why are folk so eager to live there ... Average families live quite happily on quite average wages

Well that wasnt my experience but its been a while. I think you can just about exist on average wages but its a miserable life unless your on a good screw. I remember being totally horrified when I worked there and found out how much staff were paying for rent or mortgages compared to oop North and even just travelling about and commuting put a big dent in your wage. The office I worked in in Darlington relocated in 1997/8. I was only one of a handful that went.with them. For me it was the best decision I ever made but the staff in Darlo were paid less, were much higher calibre but were wealthy and had a great life. Staff in London were paid more but never seemed to have a pot to pi$$ in or anything left over. Im talking secretaries, admin staff etc on pretty average wages. IT was the same in the branches. Those up north were paid less but were generally better staff but seemed to be better off than equivalent London staff.

The difference about London was the sky was the limit. Your chances to fly there were much much higher than anywhere else and once you hit the spring board if you were lucky enough you were away but it was s**te if you were in a dead end job.

Of course you can exist and more on average wages in London or anywhere else millions do ... Working in London and living in digs be it a Band B or top hotel and going out on the fizz every night aint the real world Barry but then again you aint lived in the real world for years ... Who'd wanna live in London anyway you need a stab vest on just to take the dog for a walk and you cant walk down the streets for fear of being robbed by those on scooters or getting acid whizzed in ya mush ... Minging place and aint guna get any better with Sadick in charge

Existing is not living though is it? And whaddaya mean Ive not lived in the real world for years? I had to stay in a Premier Inn once when the Hilton was closed for a refurb. No fecking room service! That was an eye opener I Can tell you.

I dont remember having to wear a stab vest though. Then again I didnt have a dog or walk anywhere. How many millions of tourists come each year without getting killed to death?

Depends what you class as existing ... Do you exist in Bottom Shafta or live the high life ... If you live the high life and live like kings as you claim up north on 30k then them London types can manage quite nicely on average wages ... You prolly in all fairness need a stab vest in London if your black as it seems black lives really dont matter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tracker - 2018-09-15 3:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-09-15 3:35 PM

Still work on the old adage my Dad drummed into me as a kid....."if you haven't got the money in your savings or bank account then you can't afford it". May seem harsh to some, but it kept me away from the pitfalls of life on finance.

Exactly, try telling that to today's generation of credit card wielding consumerism mad keeping up with their mates obsessed spendthrifts.

If the principles that we used to ensure financial security applied to today's generations the country would be a happier place, although VAT income might well go down so more income tax would be needed!

Whatever happens with Brexit our finances are solid so I doubt it will matter on a personal basis, but I do wonder about those who are up to, or over, their earballs in debt!

My Dad came from another generation, another era where debt was considered a total taboo. He refused to have a credit card when they first came out and stubbornly remained that way for years. I've got credit cards...one for each bank account but have them set up to make automatic payment in full. They are perfectly fine as long as they are used like that not to mention the security they give against certain purchase, plus having a permanent record. Where folk go wrong with them is making a minimum monthly payment as that's the slippery slope toward debt....which will mount up very very quickly.

Well thats it then ... Sadicks calling for a second vote ... https://news.sky.com/story/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-calls-for-second-brexit-referendum-11499420 ... Friend and relative of quite a few dodgy types and overseer of the murder madness in London calls it ... Second vote it is then ... Hang on a minute ... Thats not what he said about the first neverendum ...
... Horrible man

pelmetman - 2018-09-14 9:56 AM

I think I'll take Moody's predictions with a large pinch of salt ;-) ..........

So you won't listen to the credit ratings agencies or Bank of England Governor

Did you read Jacob Rees Mogg's dad's book and put your money in the EU like he has done?

1632436327_bloodinthestreets.jpg.bdd560b55d65218751a6be40d2c11544.jpg

How do you doom and gloom merchants think we survived before we joined the Common Market.. Then we traded with Europe, and the rest of the world satisfactory . We traveled abroad every year, driving, flying or coaching with no problems. In fact the only problems I remember was when the French were on strike for one reason or another.

BrianB.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-16 6:17 AM

pelmetman - 2018-09-14 9:56 AM

I think I'll take Moody's predictions with a large pinch of salt ;-) ..........

So you won't listen to the credit ratings agencies or Bank of England Governor

Did you read Jacob Rees Mogg's dad's book and put your money in the EU like he has done?

I'll take Eeyore's chum's predictions with a even larger pinch of salt ;-) ............

BTW where did Buffet tell you to put your money? >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-15 5:07 PM

Tracker - 2018-09-15 3:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-09-15 3:35 PM

Still work on the old adage my Dad drummed into me as a kid....."if you haven't got the money in your savings or bank account then you can't afford it". May seem harsh to some, but it kept me away from the pitfalls of life on finance.

Exactly, try telling that to today's generation of credit card wielding consumerism mad keeping up with their mates obsessed spendthrifts.

If the principles that we used to ensure financial security applied to today's generations the country would be a happier place, although VAT income might well go down so more income tax would be needed!

Whatever happens with Brexit our finances are solid so I doubt it will matter on a personal basis, but I do wonder about those who are up to, or over, their earballs in debt!

My Dad came from another generation, another era where debt was considered a total taboo. He refused to have a credit card when they first came out and stubbornly remained that way for years. I've got credit cards...one for each bank account but have them set up to make automatic payment in full. They are perfectly fine as long as they are used like that not to mention the security they give against certain purchase, plus having a permanent record. Where folk go wrong with them is making a minimum monthly payment as that's the slippery slope toward debt....which will mount up very very quickly.

If your worried about debt you wont be voting in a Labour government >:-) .........

antony1969 - 2018-09-16 3:11 AM

Well thats it then ... Sadicks calling for a second vote ... https://news.sky.com/story/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-calls-for-second-brexit-referendum-11499420 ... Friend and relative of quite a few dodgy types and overseer of the murder madness in London calls it ... Second vote it is then ... Hang on a minute ... Thats not what he said about the first neverendum ...

... Horrible man

Maybe he has "changed his mind!!! Da da Daaaahhh! (^)

Perhaps he has looked at just how badly Brexit is going and took the logical stance that when faced with the prospect of no deal or a crap deal neither of which anyone voted for that it might be a good idea to ask the public if its really what they want.

Sounds sensible to me.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-16 11:17 AM

... Horrible man

Perhaps he has looked at just how badly Brexit is going and took the logical stance that when faced with the prospect of no deal or a crap deal neither of which anyone voted for that it might be a good idea to ask the public if its really what they want.

Sounds sensible to me.

So long as the two questions are........

1)....Do you want to leave with the deal?

2)....Do you want to leave without a deal?

Sounds sensible to me.........we've already been asked if we want to leave >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-09-16 11:35 AM

... Horrible man

Sounds sensible to me.

Sounds sensible to me.........we've already been asked if we want to leave >:-) ........

How is that sensible? We cant leave without a deal as firstly nobody wants that (least nobody of sound mind (lol) ) and we would actually break the law now leaving with no deal and if the deal is as crap as I suspect it will be then people may decide that neither option is acceptable and choose maybe even reluctantly to remain. If the deal delivers everything that the Brexiteers promised it would in 2016 and its all hunky dory then we wont need a vote will we? Lets see what it is huh?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-16 12:48 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-16 11:35 AM

... Horrible man

Sounds sensible to me.

How is that sensible? We cant leave without a deal as firstly nobody wants that (least nobody of sound mind (lol) ) and we would actually break the law now leaving with no deal and if the deal is as crap as I suspect it will be then people may decide that neither option is acceptable and choose maybe even reluctantly to remain. If the deal delivers everything that the Brexiteers promised it would in 2016 and its all hunky dory then we wont need a vote will we? Lets see what it is huh?

So Remoaners don't do sensible *-) .......

You've already agreed any deal will be a bad deal >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-09-16 8:44 AM

If your worried about debt you wont be voting in a Labour government >:-) .........

Go On - how does the Mad Hatter work that one out when debt increased far more under the Tories (lol)

(despite all the Austerity for the poor because it was dwarfed by tax avoidance by the super-rich)

pelmetman - 2018-09-16 4:09 PM

You've already agreed any deal will be a bad deal >:-) ........

Err No - the deal promised by the Brexiteers that was voted for would be a good deal and we should accept it.

Any other deal should be given another votie.

Otherwise we will be getting a deal nobody voted for which only the Mad Hatter would think is sensible.

2087678723_14_05.16BorisJohnsoninBristol.jpg.78dc1663b74d8a8425d0d832b236cee3.jpg

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-16 8:17 PM

Go On - how does the Mad Hatter work that one out when debt increased far more under the Tories (lol)

(despite all the Austerity for the poor because it was dwarfed by tax avoidance by the super-rich)

Still trying to rewrite history Peter *-) ...........

Everyone knows Labour max'd out the UK's credit card before the crash that Brown helped enable >:-) ...............

pelmetman - 2018-09-16 8:45 PM

John52 - 2018-09-16 8:17 PM

Still trying to rewrite history Peter *-) ...........

Everyone knows Labour max'd out the UK's credit card before the crash that Brown helped enable >:-) ...............

Everyone who reads the Daily Mail you mean *-)

Wheras those who look at the figures see a different picture

Debt.jpg.739cdd5a64a22d00fb8f0d7a4b238d24.jpg

Hi.

If you buy a Premium Bond ... I think you have to buy at least 100 now ... HMG owes you £1. That is one pound added to the National Debt. The same applies to National Savings. Isn't "saving" supposed to be a good thing?

If I buy a potatot from you for £5, that five pounds is added to the GDP. If I then sell the same potato back to you, another five pounds is added to the GDP. HMG regard this as a "Good Thing", as they hope to collect some tax on both transactions. I presume that they would rather you bought potato crisps rather than basic potatoes. This system strikes me as being not difficult to cook the books.

W3526602 - 2018-09-17 7:04 AM

Isn't "saving" supposed to be a good thing?

I think it was until Osborne decided to give a pre-election boost to the economy by encouraging people to cash in their pensions early - feeling rich because theit house prices had risen as they built less to restrict the supply.

Then counting rent inflation as 'Growth' . *-)

W3526602 - 2018-09-17 7:13 AM

Hi,

Looking at the above National Debt chart, I see that Labour almost doubled the debt in the last two years they were in power.

The Conservatives have added about 50% in seven years.

You could get a job on the Daily Mail (lol)

National Debt took off when NEW Labour bailed out the banks - Osborne had been calling for even more deregulation but he and the Daily Mail went quiet about that when it lead to the financial crisis.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-16 9:43 PM

Hard to argue against that chart. Ferkin ell.

How will a smashed economy from Brexit help that? Tax revenues will be hammered.

All that chart proves is Labour's spending coming home to roost after they helped cause the financial crash *-) ..........

Have you ever known Labour leave government with the economy in a healthy state? >:-) .........

BTW if folk think Brexit will damage the economy :-| ..............

You better not vote in Corbyn :D ........unless you believe in magic money trees (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Archived