Cost of Brexit

John52

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-02 12:34 PM

Being well informed is not being Pompous or Arrogant, its just being well informed.

Sucking up Remoaner propaganda is not being "well informed" ;-) ..........

The nautical term is .....Swallowing bullsh*t :D ........

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rupert123 - 2018-12-01 9:18 PM..................….

1 No one told us what post Brexit UK would look like Brian because no one knows.

2 Why would we row back, we had democratic vote, or did I miss something here.

3 The deal of Mrs May seems the only one that will work so sign it and get on with sorting out the many bits in the future; it is not a complete deal after all just a beginning.

4 We will end up with an open Irish border, which will be interesting, goods will flow via this regardless of tariffs, all the benefits with no payments. Ireland should do really well from this.

1 No-one told us what post Brexit would look like, not because no one knew, but because no-one knew what future they wanted from leaving. Surely that has become evident over the past two and a half years? That lack of strategic thinking is why we are in the bugger's muddle we are now in. This was a national government in charge, not a parish council. They can draw on resources the rest of us can only dream of, yet they signally failed totally to do so. I think that a national disgrace.

2 Self protection. Yes the vote itself was democratic, but the campaigns had no semblance of democracy.

3 It is the only compromise on offer, not the only deal that will work. All will "work", but each has consequences. It is true her deal is the least damaging of those she is prepared to contemplate, but it remains, on her own admission, more damaging than remain. The reasons for promoting her deal have more to do with seeking to deflect well warranted criticism of her party, and little to do with the national interest (which is what she was elected to promote).

4 I very much doubt that such an open Irish border could survive 10 years, even if one could be achieved to the extent that the backstop is not invoked.

pelmetman - 2018-12-02 5:07 PM

Being well informed is not being Pompous or Arrogant, its just being well informed.

If only you could see the irony in your statement. *-)

Some of us establish our views from a vast variety of sources and analysis not just from 20 years plus of being drip fed cack from the Daily Mail although to be fair you dont really have that resource of Brexit bullsh1t anymore. :-D There is always the Brexpress. 87% of their readers think the deal is rubbish by the way. For once, they are right.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-02 5:11 PM

1 No-one told us what post Brexit would look like, not because no one knew, but because no-one knew what future they wanted from leaving. Surely that has become evident over the past two and a half years? That lack of strategic thinking is why we are in the bugger's muddle we are now in.

That "Bugger's muddle" is entirely the fault of you Remoaners being unable to accept a democratic vote Brian *-) ........

Perhaps you Remoaners thought that if we make a pigs ear of the negotiations, then us Brexiteers would change our minds >:-) .........

As I see it.......all you've managed to achieve is a cr*p deal or a No deal :D ..........

Either suits me .......So long as we Leave B-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-02 5:19 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-02 5:07 PM

If only you could see the irony in your statement. *-)

Some of us establish our views from a vast variety of sources and analysis not just from 20 years plus of being drip fed cack from the Daily Mail although to be fair you dont really have that resource of Brexit bullsh1t anymore. :-D There is always the Brexpress. 87% of their readers think the deal is rubbish by the way. For once, they are right.

May I suggest you start practising a few Status Quo tunes Barry ;-) ..........

You're obviously starting to struggle with the concept anything else *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2018-12-02 5:34 PM

I want to break free

I want to break free

I want to break free from your lies

You're so self satisfied I don't need you

I've got to break free

God knows, God knows I want to break free

I cant see our Remoaner Queen (Barry) singing that :D .......

pelmetman - 2018-12-02 5:26 PM...…………….

1 That "Bugger's muddle" is entirely the fault of you Remoaners being unable to accept a democratic vote Brian *-) ........

2 Perhaps you Remoaners thought that if we make a pigs ear of the negotiations, then us Brexiteers would change our minds >:-) .........

3 As I see it.......all you've managed to achieve is a cr*p deal or a No deal :D ..........

4 Either suits me .......So long as we Leave B-) ........

1 Can't be can it? The muddle started before the referendum was held, and has continued ever since. It exists because Brexiters in general couldn't, and still can't, agree what kind of Brexit they want. That lack of clarity has reduced negotiating any kind of Brexit to a shambles. Hence the bugger's muddle.

2 Well you have, but despite that you haven't had the common sense to step back and admit that the idea isn't an idea at all, but a kaleidoscope of ideas that coalesce around leaving, but with no agreement over what a post Brexit UK should look like. In effect, you fired the starting gun before you knew what race you'd entered.

3 Brexiters managed (mismanaged?) that all on their own.

4 Yes, we know that Dave. We also know that your ideal Brexit is the most economically damaging for the UK. We also know you think everyone apart from you will bear the cost. Time will tell! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-02 6:21 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-02 5:26 PM...…………….

1 That "Bugger's muddle" is entirely the fault of you Remoaners being unable to accept a democratic vote Brian *-) ........

2 Perhaps you Remoaners thought that if we make a pigs ear of the negotiations, then us Brexiteers would change our minds >:-) .........

3 As I see it.......all you've managed to achieve is a cr*p deal or a No deal :D ..........

4 Either suits me .......So long as we Leave B-) ........

1 Can't be can it? The muddle started before the referendum was held, and has continued ever since. It exists because Brexiters in general couldn't, and still can't, agree what kind of Brexit they want. That lack of clarity has reduced negotiating any kind of Brexit to a shambles. Hence the bugger's muddle.

2 Well you have, but despite that you haven't had the common sense to step back and admit that the idea isn't an idea at all, but a kaleidoscope of ideas that coalesce around leaving, but with no agreement over what a post Brexit UK should look like. In effect, you fired the starting gun before you knew what race you'd entered.

3 Brexiters managed (mismanaged?) that all on their own.

4 Yes, we know that Dave. We also know that your ideal Brexit is the most economically damaging for the UK. We also know you think everyone apart from you will bear the cost. Time will tell! :-D

1.....The vested interests sh*t stirring started way before the 24/3/2016 ;-) .........

2.....A Remoaner using common sense 8-) .........

3.....Incorrect *-) .......

4.....No you don't.......unless you believe your own propaganda (lol) .......

Time will tell ;-) .......But at least have the decency wait 40 years >:-( ........

The biggest lie told during the referendum was of course that the Government would act on the will of the people ... The will of the people as winners was to leave the EU lock , stock and barrel ... Its a shame a no-deal scenario seems the only way to achieve what the people wanted

antony1969 - 2018-12-02 6:56 PM

The biggest lie told during the referendum was of course that the Government would act on the will of the people ... The will of the people as winners was to leave the EU lock , stock and barrel ... Its a shame a no-deal scenario seems the only way to achieve what the people wanted

It just wasn't though and still isn't now. Back in 2016 many people were talking about us being like Norway. "Would it be so terrible if we were like Norway" is exactly what Farage said. "Nobody is threatening our place in the Single Market" (Hannan).

As I said in the other thread just now. There is no majority for either a brexit with no deal or a brexit with a crap deal. Show me any poll that shows more than 50% of the people want the kind of no deal Brexit you describe as "Lock Stock and Barrel" and ill never mention Brexit again anywhere.

pelmetman - 2018-12-02 5:37 PM

I want to break free

I want to break free

I've got to break free

Ive got a better one brewing.

"Britain in the Dock of Decay, Watching our money Pi$$ed away, Britain in the Dock of Decay, Wastin time"

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-02 9:03 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-02 5:37 PM

I want to break free

I want to break free

I've got to break free

Ive got a better one brewing.

"Britain in the Dock of Decay, Watching our money Pi$$ed away, Britain in the Dock of Decay, Wastin time"

I've got an even better one ;-) ......

"Britain on the verge of Ho ray B-) .....No longer watching our money being Pi$$ed away.......Britain on the dock of Ho ray.......No longer wasting money on EU >:-) ........

Its a Great Credit to the Civil Service that they have resisted political pressure to produce figures that back up the Prime Minister and Brexiteers claims. So they cannot claim Brexit will be of economic benefit to Britain. All they can do now is try to prevent us seeing the evidence and legal advice they have been given. And try to prevent us having a properly informed democratic vote on it.

The biggest lie told during the referendum was of course that the Government would act on the will of the people …

The will of the people as winners was to leave the EU lock , stock and barrel ...

There must have been different voting papers in different parts of the country.

Round here, stocks and barrels weren't mentioned - and neither was age or educational qualifications which were apparently included in some areas.

We just got : Leave - yes or no.

…..and we're leaving.

:-|

malc d - 2018-12-03 2:55 PM

The biggest lie told during the referendum was of course that the Government would act on the will of the people …

The will of the people as winners was to leave the EU lock , stock and barrel ...

Round here, stocks and barrels weren't mentioned - and neither was age or educational qualifications which were apparently included in some areas.

…..and we're leaving.

Err....my paper had another option on......Remain in EU.

And we still are......not to mention that advisory vote could still yet be voided. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2018-12-03 3:45 PM

malc d - 2018-12-03 2:55 PM

…..and we're leaving.

Err....my paper had another option on......Remain in EU.

And we still are......not to mention that advisory vote could still yet be voided. ;-)

Just 116 days to go ... Lordy

Archived