Another Remoaner propaganda fail..........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-14 12:43 AM

Does getting a few hours leave ashore in all these ports and ending up in the hands of Loretta who has an Adams apple really count as seeing the world? (lol)

The Royal Navy rarely went to a countries tourists spots Barry ;-) .........

Besides a port is pretty good microcosm of the country in my experience :D .........

Plus we were usually there for days rather than hours as many visits were part ceremonial/political ........ie sucking up to the local dignitaries >:-) ...........

So we didn't get to spend all our time in the local knocking shop 8-) .........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-01-14 9:07 AM

Does getting a few hours leave ashore in all these ports and ending up in the hands of Loretta who has an Adams apple really count as seeing the world? (lol)

Besides a port is pretty good microcosm of the country in my experience :D .........

Plus we were usually there for days rather than hours as many visits were part ceremonial/political ........ie sucking up to the local dignitaries >:-) ...........

Borey could do worse than leaving his village for a little ride ... Half hours drive round Bradford would tell you it's a dump , don't even have to get out the car ... It's not rocket science

antony1969 - 2019-01-14 9:39 AM

Borey could do worse than leaving his village for a little ride ... Half hours drive round Bradford would tell you it's a dump , don't even have to get out the car ... It's not rocket science

One of my biggest customers was in Bradford a few years back, I was always there. Actually I had two or three clients in that area. Your right, it is a s**t hole. I told you before, I doubt there is a town in the UK with a population of more than 80000 I havent spent time in from Inverness to Exeter.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-14 11:54 AM

One of my biggest customers was in Bradford a few years back, I was always there. Actually I had two or three clients in that area. Your right, it is a s**t hole. I told you before, I doubt there is a town in the UK with a population of more than 80000 I havent spent time in from Inverness to Exeter.

I thought you liked what multiculturalism brought

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-01-14 12:06 PM

Barry's a halo polishing NIMBY............he wants to save the world........just so long as it doesn't effect him *-) ............

I do mostly but Bradford is still a s**t hole and always was.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-14 1:37 PM

Wrong ... Bradford wasnt always a s##t hole ... My old man was originally from Bradford so I know a little about the place

pelmetman - 2019-01-14 8:53 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-13 10:18 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-12 9:20 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-11 11:15 PM

Sitting in a van on a campsite in Spain every year is hardly "seeing the world". How many countries did you tour last year?

Have you been too?.........

>insert copy 'n paste off a wiki list of world countries here<

I have :D ........

I even went to some on holiday like you *-) ..........

Hilarious...all in the space of one year eh! Pelmethead is now a freakin' time "traveler". (lol)(lol)

Nice copy 'n paste job (pssst.....next time mix 'em up a bit so nobody else twigs what you did there)!! ;-)

......and the relevance of last year is what? ;-) ............

To the actual question i asked....dummy.

So where have you been Bullet? :D ........

Been to or toured in? Very different meanings. Last year (relevant to the question i asked you you haven't answered), i transited Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia (all countries i've toured before so no need to tour again) to get to Bosnia via Croatia. Toured northern and mid Bosnia then into Serbia at the north touring s/e down to Macedonia. Toured around northern area then into Bulgaria down as far as Turkish border before going back north east into Romania. Crossed southern border into Moldova to tour there for 14 days. Exited Moldova at Iasi border control into Romania to tour n/e. Transited through Hungary and Slovakia to get to Poland. Spent approx three weeks in Poland before heading to Germany to spend time with friends before returning to Dunkerque.

My guess is you spent a life time in a factory making bullets, rising to the rank of shop steward which fed your natural communist leanings, hence your need to spend time in ex communist countries.......am I right (?) ......

Nope.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-14 4:05 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-13 10:18 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-12 9:20 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-11 11:15 PM

Sitting in a van on a campsite in Spain every year is hardly "seeing the world". How many countries did you tour last year?

Have you been too?.........

>insert copy 'n paste off a wiki list of world countries here<

I have :D ........

I even went to some on holiday like you *-) ..........

Hilarious...all in the space of one year eh! Pelmethead is now a freakin' time "traveler". (lol)(lol)

Nice copy 'n paste job (pssst.....next time mix 'em up a bit so nobody else twigs what you did there)!! ;-)

......and the relevance of last year is what? ;-) ............

To the actual question i asked....dummy.

So where have you been Bullet? :D ........

Been to or toured in? Very different meanings. Last year (relevant to the question i asked you you haven't answered), i transited Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia (all countries i've toured before so no need to tour again) to get to Bosnia via Croatia. Toured northern and mid Bosnia then into Serbia at the north touring s/e down to Macedonia. Toured around northern area then into Bulgaria down as far as Turkish border before going back north east into Romania. Crossed southern border into Moldova to tour there for 14 days. Exited Moldova at Iasi border control into Romania to tour n/e. Transited through Hungary and Slovakia to get to Poland. Spent approx three weeks in Poland before heading to Germany to spend time with friends before returning to Dunkerque.

My guess is you spent a life time in a factory making bullets, rising to the rank of shop steward which fed your natural communist leanings, hence your need to spend time in ex communist countries.......am I right (?) ......

Nope.

Wow ... Bet your "friends" were really glad to see ya ... You stay in bed all day when travelling around , come out at night kinda thing

antony1969 - 2019-01-14 3:05 PM

Wrong ... Bradford wasnt always a s##t hole ... My old man was originally from Bradford so I know a little about the place

Maybe but this bloke reckons Bradford was pretty much built on the influx of immigrants in the industrial revolution. Mainly from Germany and Ireland so perhaps they dont count but he also reckons in the post war years the influx from Pakistan saw the city thrive.

Seems he blames the downturn in the textiles industry for its decline.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/11172917/What-Bradfords-dark-satanic-mills-tell-us-about-immigration.html

Actually I had a cracking weekend at Bradford Uni once when I was about 19.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-14 5:19 PM

Maybe but this bloke reckons Bradford was pretty much built on the influx of immigrants in the industrial revolution. Mainly from Germany and Ireland so perhaps they dont count but he also reckons in the post war years the influx from Pakistan saw the city thrive.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/11172917/What-Bradfords-dark-satanic-mills-tell-us-about-immigration.html

Of course Bradford industry benefited from immigrants and to deny that is bonkers , I thought we were talking about the state of Bradford itself ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-14 6:00 PM

Of course Bradford industry benefited from immigrants and to deny that is bonkers , I thought we were talking about the state of Bradford itself ???

Well you seemed to suggest further up that it was multiculturalism thats turned Bradford into a s**t hole but as you have just admitted it benefited from it.

If its much worse that it once was is it not down to the downward spiral in its traditional industries?

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-01-14 4:11 PM

Oh......So you toured the former Yugoslavia :D ..........

That's a bit like someone saying I've been to England, Wales & Scotland when they toured Britain ;-) ............

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-14 4:05 PM

Nope.

So what turned you into a communist? ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-14 10:44 PM

Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania and Poland are not and never have been FYR. Your grasp of geography is appalling but hardly surprising for a bloke limited to a few sea ports and British pubs in Calpe.

Still shying away on telling us how many countries you toured last year? Spain......or did you sit parked up on the campsite the entire time? :-|

Barryd999 - 2019-01-14 6:04 PM

Well you seemed to suggest further up that it was multiculturalism thats turned Bradford into a s**t hole but as you have just admitted it benefited from it.

If its much worse that it once was is it not down to the downward spiral in its traditional industries?

Eh ... Bradford industry benefited from immigrants Barry obviously but Bradford as a whole most definitely hasn't ... If you believe the loss of traditional industries are to blame for Muslim ghettos then so be it ...

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-14 11:42 PM

Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania and Poland are not and never have been FYR. Your grasp of geography is appalling but hardly surprising for a bloke limited to a few sea ports and British pubs in Calpe.

Still shying away on telling us how many countries you toured last year? Spain......or did you sit parked up on the campsite the entire time? :-|

What have they all got in common comrade?.........They're all ex Soviet countries :D ........

Still cant see what relevance "last year" has got to do with anything? *-) ...........

Is that how long your memory lasts? 8-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-01-15 8:35 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-14 11:42 PM

Still cant see what relevance "last year" has got to do with anything? *-) ...........

Because that was the specific question i asked you five days ago and repeatedly asked since. That you've avoided giving an answer suggests you went to Spain as you usually do and didn't tour anywhere.

antony1969 - 2019-01-15 6:34 AM

Eh ... Bradford industry benefited from immigrants Barry obviously but Bradford as a whole most definitely hasn't ... If you believe the loss of traditional industries are to blame for Muslim ghettos then so be it ...

How could Bradford industry benefit from immigrants but Bradford as a whole has not? Does successful industry not provide, jobs, wealth, housing, pay bills, improvements for the city etc? I watched a clip at lunchtime on the news which showed how Bradford saw an influx of Italians at one point, mainly women in fact. One poor old 92 year old woman is now under threat of being deported because of Brexit as her paperwork "is not in Order!", she has lived here 60 years.

So it does seem that Bradfords success was very much down to immigration including providing for the families of the city who all benefited from its success. Its the same story everywhere though. Its when the jobs and industry go that it all turns to rat s**t and that is exactly what Brexit will do to many towns across the UK especially those that are involved in Manufacturing which even Smuggies favourite Brexit economist Patrick Minford said will be dead post Brexit but a price worth paying, oh and he said that about farming as well. Ive seen it happen ooop North when a lot of the pits and other industry closed. Towns and villages in those areas went to rat s**t, crime goes up etc. Ironically some of those towns and villages have started to improve after a fair bit of EU investment. *-)

Barryd999 - 2019-01-15 4:38 PM

How could Bradford industry benefit from immigrants but Bradford as a whole has not? Does successful industry not provide, jobs, wealth, housing, pay bills, improvements for the city etc? I watched a clip at lunchtime on the news which showed how Bradford saw an influx of Italians at one point, mainly women in fact. One poor old 92 year old woman is now under threat of being deported because of Brexit as her paperwork "is not in Order!", she has lived here 60 years.

So it does seem that Bradfords success was very much down to immigration including providing for the families of the city who all benefited from its success. Its the same story everywhere though. Its when the jobs and industry go that it all turns to rat s**t and that is exactly what Brexit will do to many towns across the UK especially those that are involved in Manufacturing which even Smuggies favourite Brexit economist Patrick Minford said will be dead post Brexit but a price worth paying, oh and he said that about farming as well. Ive seen it happen ooop North when a lot of the pits and other industry closed. Towns and villages in those areas went to rat s**t, crime goes up etc. Ironically some of those towns and villages have started to improve after a fair bit of EU investment. *-)

What a croc of cr@p ... Barry the textile industry of Bradford doesnt/didnt pay high wages and the wages they paid didn't get spent on eating out and laptop bars ... The only person getting rich was the mill owner and your Italian lady rubbish is just that your typical Disney Brexit rubbish , you have history blaming me and all other leave voters for murder and hate crimes ... Your a disgrace

antony1969 - 2019-01-15 7:49 PM

What a croc of cr@p ... Barry the textile industry of Bradford doesnt/didnt pay high wages and the wages they paid didn't get spent on eating out and laptop bars ... The only person getting rich was the mill owner and your Italian lady rubbish is just that your typical Disney Brexit rubbish , you have history blaming me and all other leave voters for murder and hate crimes ... Your a disgrace

Here's a history primer on Bradford: http://tinyurl.com/y9x9wk2p

It's quite a story. The word immigrant arises a couple of times, and not in a derogatory sense. Industry grew, and in came the immigrants to fill the jobs. I assume they were recruited by the industrialists, either because they were cheaper than the locals, or because there were insufficient locals to fill the jobs. The result was that the industrialists prospered and then built goodies for the town. That is a fairly familiar pattern in the northern towns. Why is that bad?

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-15 8:14 PM

It's quite a story. The word immigrant arises a couple of times, and not in a derogatory sense. Industry grew, and in came the immigrants to fill the jobs. I assume they were recruited by the industrialists, either because they were cheaper than the locals, or because there were insufficient locals to fill the jobs. The result was that the industrialists prospered and then built goodies for the town. That is a fairly familiar pattern in the northern towns. Why is that bad?

Please tell what "goodies" Bradford got since the mass influx of Muslim migrants after WW2 Brian ... You seem to know a lot after all

antony1969 - 2019-01-15 8:24 PM

Please tell what "goodies" Bradford got since the mass influx of Muslim migrants after WW2 Brian ... You seem to know a lot after all

67.5% of Bradford are white.....seems that's where your "mass influx" is. The link gives you some answers...why don't you read it? :-|

Whats a "Laptop bar"? Isnt that what you have in your attic? 8-)

I saw the 92 year old lady in question being interviewed with her daughters in real life so not Disney. They carted her off for finger printing FFS!

I dont blame you personally for hate crimes etc but I do blame Brexit and those that brought this s**t storm upon us for such consequences and for dividing the nation.

antony1969 - 2019-01-15 8:24 PM

Read the linked history, Antony. It's all in there. Knowledge comes from reading. Bradford didn't suddenly pop up after WW2.

Archived