Another Remoaner propaganda fail..........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-15 4:11 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-15 8:35 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-14 11:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-14 10:44 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-14 4:11 PM

Been to or toured in? Very different meanings. Last year (relevant to the question i asked you you haven't answered), i transited Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia (all countries i've toured before so no need to tour again) to get to Bosnia via Croatia. Toured northern and mid Bosnia then into Serbia at the north touring s/e down to Macedonia. Toured around northern area then into Bulgaria down as far as Turkish border before going back north east into Romania. Crossed southern border into Moldova to tour there for 14 days. Exited Moldova at Iasi border control into Romania to tour n/e. Transited through Hungary and Slovakia to get to Poland. Spent approx three weeks in Poland before heading to Germany to spend time with friends before returning to Dunkerque.

Oh......So you toured the former Yugoslavia :D ..........

Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania and Poland are not and never have been FYR. Your grasp of geography is appalling but hardly surprising for a bloke limited to a few sea ports and British pubs in Calpe.

Still shying away on telling us how many countries you toured last year? Spain......or did you sit parked up on the campsite the entire time? :-|

Still cant see what relevance "last year" has got to do with anything? *-) ...........

Because that was the specific question i asked you five days ago and repeatedly asked since. That you've avoided giving an answer suggests you went to Spain as you usually do and didn't tour anywhere.

But that doesn't explain what relevance that has to anything *-) ..........

Was there something special about last year? :-S .............

But if you must know we have to spend 6 months in Weymouth due to MIL being in a care home with dementia :-| ..........

Have to say though....... her gibberish makes more sense than yours 8-) ..........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-01-15 10:36 PM

Been to or toured in? Very different meanings. Last year (relevant to the question i asked you you haven't answered), i transited Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia (all countries i've toured before so no need to tour again) to get to Bosnia via Croatia. Toured northern and mid Bosnia then into Serbia at the north touring s/e down to Macedonia. Toured around northern area then into Bulgaria down as far as Turkish border before going back north east into Romania. Crossed southern border into Moldova to tour there for 14 days. Exited Moldova at Iasi border control into Romania to tour n/e. Transited through Hungary and Slovakia to get to Poland. Spent approx three weeks in Poland before heading to Germany to spend time with friends before returning to Dunkerque.

Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania and Poland are not and never have been FYR. Your grasp of geography is appalling but hardly surprising for a bloke limited to a few sea ports and British pubs in Calpe.

Still shying away on telling us how many countries you toured last year? Spain......or did you sit parked up on the campsite the entire time? :-|

Still cant see what relevance "last year" has got to do with anything? *-) ...........

Because that was the specific question i asked you five days ago and repeatedly asked since. That you've avoided giving an answer suggests you went to Spain as you usually do and didn't tour anywhere.

Oh FGS i've already told you very clearly and simplified to make it easier for you a number of times now. i asked you a very simple little question which would be easy for most people to comprehend and answer yet you struggle with the most basic comprehension. I never asked for a life times list of countries off a website. *-)

To save you from further embarrassment it's safe to say the answer is you went to Spain last year and didn't tour anywhere.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-15 10:55 PM

Oh FGS i've already told you very clearly and simplified to make it easier for you a number of times now. i asked you a very simple little question which would be easy for most people to comprehend and answer yet you struggle with the most basic comprehension. I never asked for a life times list of countries off a website. *-)

To save you from further embarrassment it's safe to say the answer is you went to Spain last year and didn't tour anywhere.

You'd be wrong we did spend 3 weeks in France ;-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-01-15 11:16 PM

So you drove through France to go to a campsite in Spain. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-15 11:29 PM

So did you spend more than 3 weeks in any of the countries you visited? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-15 11:35 PM

So did you spend more than 3 weeks in any of the countries you visited? ;-) ..........

When touring you aren't sitting around day in day out on some campsite. Touring means you're moving around and many times i'm not even on a site at all.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-15 11:41 PM

When touring you aren't sitting around day in day out on some campsite. Touring means you're moving around and many times i'm not even on a site at all.

If your sleeping pattern is the same on holiday princess as at home everything and everywhere will be shut by the time you get washed and changed ... creeping around during the night dont cut it for everyone

Guest pelmetman

You should try them ;-) ..........

On our site in Calpe its like a little International European village that sets up every winter B-) ...........

Unlike some sites its not predominately filled with the citizens of one country :D .......

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-01-16 6:25 AM

If your sleeping pattern is the same on holiday princess as at home everything and everywhere will be shut by the time you get washed and changed ... creeping around during the night dont cut it for everyone

I'm beginning to think he's a vampire 8-) ..........

Maybe he was visiting relatives when he went to Romania/Transylvania :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-16 9:24 AM

On our site in Calpe its like a little International European village that sets up every winter B-) ...........

Unlike some sites its not predominately filled with the citizens of one country :D .......

You've actually been on more than one site in Spain then? Wow......i'm impressed though can't think why you go to Spain and not want to find Spanish citizens on site. :-|

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-15 9:10 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-15 8:24 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-15 8:14 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-15 7:49 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-15 4:38 PM

How could Bradford industry benefit from immigrants but Bradford as a whole has not? Does successful industry not provide, jobs, wealth, housing, pay bills, improvements for the city etc? I watched a clip at lunchtime on the news which showed how Bradford saw an influx of Italians at one point, mainly women in fact. One poor old 92 year old woman is now under threat of being deported because of Brexit as her paperwork "is not in Order!", she has lived here 60 years.

So it does seem that Bradfords success was very much down to immigration including providing for the families of the city who all benefited from its success. Its the same story everywhere though. Its when the jobs and industry go that it all turns to rat s**t and that is exactly what Brexit will do to many towns across the UK especially those that are involved in Manufacturing which even Smuggies favourite Brexit economist Patrick Minford said will be dead post Brexit but a price worth paying, oh and he said that about farming as well. Ive seen it happen ooop North when a lot of the pits and other industry closed. Towns and villages in those areas went to rat s**t, crime goes up etc. Ironically some of those towns and villages have started to improve after a fair bit of EU investment. *-)

What a croc of cr@p ... Barry the textile industry of Bradford doesnt/didnt pay high wages and the wages they paid didn't get spent on eating out and laptop bars ... The only person getting rich was the mill owner and your Italian lady rubbish is just that your typical Disney Brexit rubbish , you have history blaming me and all other leave voters for murder and hate crimes ... Your a disgrace

Here's a history primer on Bradford: http://tinyurl.com/y9x9wk2p

It's quite a story. The word immigrant arises a couple of times, and not in a derogatory sense. Industry grew, and in came the immigrants to fill the jobs. I assume they were recruited by the industrialists, either because they were cheaper than the locals, or because there were insufficient locals to fill the jobs. The result was that the industrialists prospered and then built goodies for the town. That is a fairly familiar pattern in the northern towns. Why is that bad?

Please tell what "goodies" Bradford got since the mass influx of Muslim migrants after WW2 Brian ... You seem to know a lot after all

Read the linked history, Antony. It's all in there. Knowledge comes from reading. Bradford didn't suddenly pop up after WW2.

The modern Bradford "popped up after WW2" though Brian ... The ethnicity of Bradford since then has changed massively and that you cant deny ... So again I'll ask what "goodies" has Bradford , the modern Bradford in your lifetime benefited from since the mass influx of Muslims into the city since WW2 ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-16 5:07 PM...…………...

The modern Bradford "popped up after WW2" though Brian ... The ethnicity of Bradford since then has changed massively and that you cant deny ... So again I'll ask what "goodies" has Bradford , the modern Bradford in your lifetime benefited from since the mass influx of Muslims into the city since WW2 ???

Ah well, immigration restricted to post WW2 only? Didn't say that, did you (though I had wondered)? :-)

So, with apologies to Tim Lambert, the post 1945 bit:

"After 1945 the textile industry in Bradford gradually declined. However Bradford's economy boomed in the 1950s and 1960s. Tractors and televisions were made in the city. However that all ended in the late 1970s and 1980s when recession bit and mass unemployment returned.

In the late 20th century tourism became a major industry in Bradford. Cliffe Castle Museum opened in 1959. Bradford Industrial Museum opened in 1974. The Colour Museum opened in 1978. The Museum of Photography, Film and Television opened in 1983. The Peace Museum opened in 1997.

In the 1950s Bradford was changed by large scale immigration from the West Indies, India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Bradford became a multicultural city.

In the 1950s and 1960s many more council houses were built and the city center was redeveloped. Bradford University opened in 1966. The Kirkgate Centre opened in 1971 and in 1974 Bradford was made a Metropolitan District Council. Meanwhile in 1977 a Transport Interchange was built in Bradford.

Bradford Law Courts were built in 1990. The Wool Exchange was refurbished and opened as a shopping center in 1996.

However tragedy struck Bradford in 1985 when a fire at the football ground killed 56 people.

At the end of the 20th century several modern sculptures were erected in Bradford including 'Camera Lucida' (1985), Ivegate Arch (1988), 'Grandads Clock and Chair' (1992) and 'Fibres' (1997).

BRADFORD IN THE 21st CENTURY

In the 21st century Bradford is still thriving. In 2009 Bradford became a UNESCO city of film. Bradford City Park opened in 2012. The Broadway Shopping Centre opened in 2015. Today Bradford has a population of 530,000."

So, which of those benefits did the migrants not contribute to, through their work, their spending, or through the taxes they paid? Money has no ethnicity, has it?

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-16 5:33 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-16 5:07 PM...…………...

Ah well, immigration restricted to post WW2 only? Didn't say that, did you (though I had wondered)? :-)

So, with apologies to Tim Lambert, the post 1945 bit:

"After 1945 the textile industry in Bradford gradually declined. However Bradford's economy boomed in the 1950s and 1960s. Tractors and televisions were made in the city. However that all ended in the late 1970s and 1980s when recession bit and mass unemployment returned.

In the late 20th century tourism became a major industry in Bradford. Cliffe Castle Museum opened in 1959. Bradford Industrial Museum opened in 1974. The Colour Museum opened in 1978. The Museum of Photography, Film and Television opened in 1983. The Peace Museum opened in 1997.

In the 1950s Bradford was changed by large scale immigration from the West Indies, India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Bradford became a multicultural city.

In the 1950s and 1960s many more council houses were built and the city center was redeveloped. Bradford University opened in 1966. The Kirkgate Centre opened in 1971 and in 1974 Bradford was made a Metropolitan District Council. Meanwhile in 1977 a Transport Interchange was built in Bradford.

Bradford Law Courts were built in 1990. The Wool Exchange was refurbished and opened as a shopping center in 1996.

However tragedy struck Bradford in 1985 when a fire at the football ground killed 56 people.

At the end of the 20th century several modern sculptures were erected in Bradford including 'Camera Lucida' (1985), Ivegate Arch (1988), 'Grandads Clock and Chair' (1992) and 'Fibres' (1997).

BRADFORD IN THE 21st CENTURY

In the 21st century Bradford is still thriving. In 2009 Bradford became a UNESCO city of film. Bradford City Park opened in 2012. The Broadway Shopping Centre opened in 2015. Today Bradford has a population of 530,000."

So, which of those benefits did the migrants not contribute to, through their work, their spending, or through the taxes they paid? Money has no ethnicity, has it?

Errr ... What benefits from your post are you asking about Brian ??? ... The opening of museums or converting the Wool Exchange into shopping or what ??? ... Given the mass numbers of Muslim migrants into Bradford you've said nothing ... If Bradford has benefitted so much from Muslim immigrants how come all the areas they live in resemble downtown Karachi ??? ... You seem to forget or ignore that a lot of the professions they work in are cash businesses , taxi driving , takeaway etc so how are they benefitting Bradford on that score ???

Are you saying they are all Muslim, Antony, or only some? What benefits would you expect them to bring? If some are now taxi drivers, is that what they immigrated to do, or have they had to turn to taxi driving because other work dried up?

It just seems a hell of a long way to up sticks and travel just to drive a taxi!

But then, at least you get a taxi when you need one, so is that not of some benefit?

But, how are Muslims in Bradford a Brexit issue? Why would the number of Muslims in Bradford fit into a string entitled "Another Remoaner propaganda fail.........." They didn't come from the EU.

People do what they can to survive. Why would people who work in "cash businesses, taxi driving, takeaway etc" be unworthy of credit for what they do? Bradford gets the businesses, the taxis, and the takeaways and, if folk don't want them their businesses won't survive. It seems they have survived, so someone must be using their services.

You can't expect everyone who arrives to live in Bradford (or anywhere else) to start a business, to immediately build a huge factory, employ thousands, and set up philanthropic foundations on the proceeds. But, from little acorns...…………….?

I agree that large numbers of people from alien cultures have a radical affect on the look, smell, and sound of the areas they occupy. There were, so I guess still are, a lot of Asian migrants in Dartford when we used to live nearby. My (very small) daughter one day asked me "is this India, Daddy?" Got a grin from one of the locals! :-D We had to find an emergency dentist in Derby, and he was in a very Asian district, which was a bit of a ghetto. The waiting room was a bit interesting, too. However, he teuned out to be a perfectly competent dentist. It takes a couple of generations, or more, for people to assimilate into local communities.

Jews have come to Britain in numbers since at least 16C, and a few of them haven't completely assimilated into British society! There are a few Eruvim in north London that still make me feel a little uneasy, but I wouldn't suggest their inhabitants lack value, or should leave. There have been Chinese districts in many of our cities for two hundred years, there have been Polish quarters in various cities since the late 1930's, and Polish remains the dominant language in some of the families. It goes on.

Various peoples at various times, for various reasons, often encountering distrust, hostility, and rejection, because they looked different, spoke poor English, didn't understand British culture or whatever, have sought a better life, or just safety, in this island - mainly because it is an island. They have always, it seems, been vilified, fallen foul of the law, or been blamed collectively for the sins of the few. It is the darker side of human nature. It won't change, we are ell prone to it.

The vast majority of those who've landed in Bradford are Muslim Brian , thats a reality ... Are you saying that the "goodies" that come with immigrants in Bradford begin and end with taxi drivers Brian because as much as I ask your not showing me any other benefits or "goodies" they bring

antony1969 - 2019-01-16 7:47 PM

The vast majority of those who've landed in Bradford are Muslim Brian , thats a reality ... Are you saying that the "goodies" that come with immigrants in Bradford begin and end with taxi drivers Brian because as much as I ask your not showing me any other benefits or "goodies" they bring

Bradford born and raised Afzal Khan seems to have done pretty well for himself and brought lots of employment to the area. He can't run that size of business on his own and has vacancies advertised for anyone prepared to get off their backside.

https://www.kahndesign.com/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-16 3:25 PM

You've actually been on more than one site in Spain then? Wow......i'm impressed though can't think why you go to Spain and not want to find Spanish citizens on site. :-|

The site is run by Spanish citizens............we get the odd Spanish camper, but its their winter so you don't see many.......Calpe it self is very Spanish, nothing like Benidorm 8-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-16 10:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-16 3:25 PM

The site is run by Spanish citizens............we get the odd Spanish camper, but its their winter so you don't see many.......Calpe it self is very Spanish, nothing like Benidorm 8-) ..........

Horror of horrors.......Spanish citizens on a Spanish site, how dare they, haven't you told them to "go back home"?

Bulletguy - 2019-01-16 9:29 PM

Bradford born and raised Afzal Khan seems to have done pretty well for himself and brought lots of employment to the area. He can't run that size of business on his own and has vacancies advertised for anyone prepared to get off their backside.

Thats 1 of Brians "goodies" only 130.000 left

No.

Here's a bit from the Bradford City Council website:

Economy size

Bradford has a big economy worth over £9.5bn, the eighth largest in England and the third largest in the Yorkshire region after Leeds and Sheffield.

Bradford’s economy is growing fast. GVA increased by 3.7% between 2014 and 2015, outpacing national growth of 2.6% and Leeds City Region growth of 3.4%.

The Bradford economy is set to grow by around 25% over the next decade and will contribute 15.4% of the total growth within the Leeds City Region to 2020.

Businesses and jobs

There are 17,620 businesses employing 198,600 people in Bradford District. Bradford accounts for 15% of the total employment in the Leeds City Region.

The number of businesses has increased significantly in the last three years rising from 15,145 in 2013 to 17,620 in 2016. This was an increase of 16% that was higher than Leeds City Region and UK.

A number of major companies have their headquarters in the district including Morrisons, Provident Financial, Yorkshire Building Society and Hallmark Cards. This includes two FTSE 100 companies, more than any other city in the Northern Powerhouse.

Bradford based companies employ over 250,000 people across the UK with a combined turnover of more than £30 billion.

There are 1,200 manufacturing businesses in Bradford (manufacturing, energy and utilities) employing 25,000 people in the district accounting for 13% of all employees compared to 8.3% in Great Britain as a whole.

Bradford has the 4th highest number of manufacturing jobs of any city in the UK after London, Birmingham and Leeds.

Bradford’s thriving digital sector is a key component of our ‘Producer City’ economy with 700 businesses employing 4,500 people.

Bradford has a powerful culture of entrepreneurship. 33,400 people in the district are self-employed. Self employment has increased by 23.2% since 2010 compared with a UK rise of 18.1%.

A recent survey of FedEx customers found that Bradford SME businesses had the highest rate of international trading in the UK with 86% of Bradford companies using FedEx services trading internationally.

I don't know what you count as "goodies", Antony, but that picture looks quite rosy, to me. So, assuming the figure of 25% Muslims is roughly correct, either the 75% is carrying the Muslims, or the Muslims are contributing their share.

Unless Bradford council has found the Golden Goose, it seems highly improbable that an economic performance on the scale the council recognises could be achieved by only 75% of its population.

Are you quite sure you're setting the same bar for the Muslims as for everyone else? On the face of it, it doesn't quite look like that.

Never mind what Bradford Council say ... I've asked specifically for you to tell of the "goodies" Muslims bring to Bradford and you up to press have produced a lot of words with zero content of what I asked for ... Try again Brian , you're the one championing them remember ... As for Bradford do note that Morrisons is Bradford based and employs nationally about 130.000 folk which accounts for much of some of your last totally irrelevant post ... Your better than this Brian

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 6:20 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-16 9:29 PM

Thats 1 of Brians "goodies" only 130.000 left

You missed this bit; "and brought lots of employment to the area" and "has vacancies advertised for anyone prepared to get off their backside". Think how many other local businesses benefit from Khan's employees spending money, not to mention local suppliers to the business itself.

I'm sure there will be plenty of other businesses in Bradford run by immigrants or descendants of. Who runs all those curry takeaway places and restaurants Brits love to frequent?

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 3:50 PM

Never mind what Bradford Council say ... I've asked specifically for you to tell of the "goodies" Muslims bring to Bradford and you up to press have produced a lot of words with zero content of what I asked for ... Try again Brian , you're the one championing them remember ... As for Bradford do note that Morrisons is Bradford based and employs nationally about 130.000 folk which accounts for much of some of your last totally irrelevant post ... Your better than this Brian

Suck it up, Antony, you've had your answer! I've tried vary hard to swerve (politely) round your obvious ethnic and religious prejudices in pursuit of "championing" truth. I'm not playing your juvenile "prove it to me games". Pick your own scabs, if you must!

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-17 4:27 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 3:50 PM

Suck it up, Antony, you've had your answer! I've tried vary hard to swerve (politely) round your obvious ethnic and religious prejudices in pursuit of "championing" truth. I'm not playing your juvenile "prove it to me games". Pick your own scabs, if you must!

Thats fine Brian ... Im certainly not trying to play juvenile games or show any ethnic/religous prejudices only attempting to see what "goodies" Muslim migrants have brought to Bradford as you seemed to be fairly well up on the subject ... I can only presume the "goodies" you talk of aint that good ... Maybe others can show what youve failed to provide ... Without proof its purely speculation is it not

Archived