Another Remoaner propaganda fail..........

Guest pelmetman

You have your proof, Antony, but you don't see it. I don't know what you deem a "goody", and you don't say, so I presented you with a picture of a reasonably thriving city, as portrayed by its council.

You then want the specific contribution of its 25% Muslim population (and no others) dissected out from those figures.

If. you're that interested, and want to pick out the Muslim contribution alone, ask the council, or ask around the local Mosques or Muslim business associations. I'm not bothered.

My point remains that they must be contributing to that prosperity (which I would rate a goody), because that degree of prosperity could not realistically be generated by the other 75% alone while supporting 25% dead wood - could it?

Even if you are right in attributing the whole of Morrison's profits to Bradford alone (which I doubt) as being the main source of its wealth, do Morrisons not employ some of those Muslims? If they do, do they not make their contribution to Morrisons profits as employees? Why do the Muslims alone have to be separately accounted for out of a population of 500,000 or so? Why do you not want separate accounts for the other religions, and no religion? Why not for ethnic groups as well? What on earth would be the point?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-17 5:46 PM

You have your proof, Antony, but you don't see it. I don't know what you deem a "goody", and you don't say, so I presented you with a picture of a reasonably thriving city, as portrayed by its council.

You then want the specific contribution of its 25% Muslim population (and no others) dissected out from those figures.

If. you're that interested, and want to pick out the Muslim contribution alone, ask the council, or ask around the local Mosques or Muslim business associations. I'm not bothered.

My point remains that they must be contributing to that prosperity (which I would rate a goody), because that degree of prosperity could not realistically be generated by the other 75% alone while supporting 25% dead wood - could it?

Even if you are right in attributing the whole of Morrison's profits to Bradford alone (which I doubt) as being the main source of its wealth, do Morrisons not employ some of those Muslims? If they do, do they not make their contribution to Morrisons profits as employees? Why do the Muslims alone have to be separately accounted for out of a population of 500,000 or so? Why do you not want separate accounts for the other religions, and no religion? Why not for ethnic groups as well? What on earth would be the point?

Apologies ... i presumed as you'd jumped into the discussion with your "goodies" claim regarding migrants and given we were discussing Bradford you knew what "goodies" that those who've settled there since WW2 have given ... from your own evidence since WW2 Muslims have absolutely made up massively the majority of settlers in the city , I dont understand why your suggesting its wrong to ask what benefit they have been on the city , indeed if any ... Up to press youve provided nothing ... If you cant or dont want to provide relevant info thats fine but dont try the old sly 'racist' dig at me when cornered as some escape route ... Its really simple Brian , Muslims account massively in Bradford for migrant settlers so I simply ask what benefits do we receive from having them enrich such a city ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 6:36 PM

... from your own evidence since WW2 Muslims have absolutely made up massively the majority of settlers in the city....

The Muslim population of Bradford is only 24.7% where the Christian population is 45.9% and those with 'no religion' at 20,7%, so you should be asking what Bradford has benefited from that 66.6%. That's where the 'massive majority' is......so what have they contributed to the city?

Seems Bradford got awarded Curry Capital of Britain six years in a row.

Bradford has a well earned reputation for some of the finest Asian food in the UK and we are proud to retain our title once again. With over 200 Asian restaurants for you to choose from there really is something for everyone.

Damn those pesky Brits benefiting from foods they love so much supplied by Asian migrants enriching Britains Curry Capital. Ban curry!!

https://www.visitbradford.com/curry-capital.aspx

Bulletguy - 2019-01-17 8:25 PM

... from your own evidence since WW2 Muslims have absolutely made up massively the majority of settlers in the city....

The Muslim population of Bradford is only 24.7% where the Christian population is 45.9% and those with 'no religion' at 20,7%, so you should be asking what Bradford has benefited from that 66.6%. That's where the 'massive majority' is......so what have they contributed to the city?

Bradford has a well earned reputation for some of the finest Asian food in the UK and we are proud to retain our title once again. With over 200 Asian restaurants for you to choose from there really is something for everyone.

Damn those pesky Brits benefiting from foods they love so much supplied by Asian migrants enriching Britains Curry Capital. Ban curry!!

Dont those "Asian restaurants" serve other "Asians" ... Banned from eating out and spending their hard earned Bradford pennies are they ??? ... Silly boy

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 8:29 PM

Dont those "Asian restaurants" serve other "Asians" ... Banned from eating out and spending their hard earned Bradford pennies are they ??? ... Silly boy

I imagine as with any business they serve the paying customer irrespective of who they are or where from. That what they're there for....to make money otherwise they wouldn't be in business very long.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-17 9:11 PM

I imagine as with any business they serve the paying customer irrespective of who they are or where from. That what they're there for....to make money otherwise they wouldn't be in business very long.

Exactly so maybe now you can stop being silly saying "pesky Brits"

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 6:36 PM...………….. I dont understand why your suggesting its wrong to ask what benefit they have been on the city , indeed if any ... .................

Because you don't ask the same of others (not even of other migrants), so you are selecting one part of a population for special investigation. That creates a "special" barrier that Muslims alone have to leap.

I'm just puzzled that, even without the obvious religious (not racist, Muslims are of many races) prejudice that implies, you ask me (though goodness knows why) to give you evidence to feed your prejudice.

The more so, because you appear to think you already know the answer. If you don't, why would you ask the question?

It seems your underlying presumption is that Bradford Muslims alone don't pull their economic weight. Otherwise why ask?

But, that you triumphantly continue to press me for an answer, also indicates that you haven't the evidence for your own presumption because, if you did, I assume you'd equally triumphantly present it.

So instead of effectively telling me to "put up or shut up", I say the same to you. Prove your point: it's your contention.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-18 8:59 AM

antony1969 - 2019-01-17 6:36 PM...………….. I dont understand why your suggesting its wrong to ask what benefit they have been on the city , indeed if any ... .................

Because you don't ask the same of others (not even of other migrants), so you are selecting one part of a population for special investigation. That creates a "special" barrier that Muslims alone have to leap.

Islam has created that barrier you refer to *-) ...........

I'm just puzzled that, even without the obvious religious (not racist, Muslims are of many races) prejudice that implies, you ask me (though goodness knows why) to give you evidence to feed your prejudice.

The more so, because you appear to think you already know the answer. If you don't, why would you ask the question?

It seems your underlying presumption is that Bradford Muslims alone don't pull their economic weight. Otherwise why ask?

But, that you triumphantly continue to press me for an answer, also indicates that you haven't the evidence for your own presumption because, if you did, I assume you'd equally triumphantly present it.

So instead of effectively telling me to "put up or shut up", I say the same to you. Prove your point: it's your contention.

When struggling you can always guarantee the old favourite will be pushed out , suggestions of racism and islamaphobia ... Before you entered the discussion we were talking about Bradford and if you hadn't noticed from far away in leafy East Sussex modern Bradford immigrants since ww2 are massively Muslim ... Now I don't understand why it's wrong for me to ask you what "goodies" (your words) those Muslims have brought to Bradford , if they were massively Polish would it be racist of me to say Poles ??? No of course not ... I presume you cant really live up to your original "goodies" claim and that's fine but please don't start with the usual suggestions of this that and t'other

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 6:10 AM

You don't do irony very well do you......snowflake? *-)

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 9:35 AM

When struggling you can always guarantee the old favourite will be pushed out , suggestions of racism and islamaphobia ... Before you entered the discussion we were talking about Bradford and if you hadn't noticed from far away in leafy East Sussex modern Bradford immigrants since ww2 are massively Muslim ... Now I don't understand why it's wrong for me to ask you what "goodies" (your words) those Muslims have brought to Bradford , if they were massively Polish would it be racist of me to say Poles ??? No of course not ... I presume you cant really live up to your original "goodies" claim and that's fine but please don't start with the usual suggestions of this that and t'other

Muslim population of Bradford is shown as 24.7%......so what does the overwhelming 75.3% (massive to use your terminology) contribute to Bradford? Might be easier if you could start quoting some examples and from such a massive majority, it shouldn't prove too difficult but as yet you've not given one. What is the input of the majority?

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:28 PM

You've only just got up and already your calling names ... If it makes you feel more manly then so be it

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:42 PM

Muslim population of Bradford is shown as 24.7%......so what does the overwhelming 75.3% (massive to use your terminology) contribute to Bradford? Might be easier if you could start quoting some examples and from such a massive majority, it shouldn't prove too difficult but as yet you've not given one. What is the input of the majority?

But princess I asked first , way back in the thread and up to press nothing so I presume that's what they add nothing ??? ... Sorry I do recall you posted sumat about 1 car dealer type fella ... Thought you the big defender would be able to add a little more ... You cant can ya ???

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 2:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:28 PM

You've only just got up and already your calling names ...

Kettle calling teapot! (lol)

Not racism or Islamophobia, just prejudice - discrimination, if you find it more digestible. It is much the same thing - just the difference between cause and effect.

Bradford, yes, which is why I provided the history and Bradford council pieces. Bradford, see?

I'll wager there are more trees in the north of England than the south, but sadly it is also winter in the south, so not leafy. Hadn't you realised?

The post war influx was apparent from the history piece I linked to.

That you don't understand why singling out Muslims for special consideration is unreasonable is obvious. I tried to explain, but to no avail - but I'll give it another bash. :-)

You can't see the bias, but were you to make the same demand in respect of Poles, Italians, French, German or any other, the bias would be the same, only the target would change. Think Hitler and the Jews - he did much the same initially. Singled them out for special attention, made them the scapegoats for every social ill - and then look what happened. Nasty outcome.

My point about the goodies is that when they result, they result from the combined efforts of the entire working population, from each according to their ability.

But, why would one pick out one religious group in isolation, and then demand a balance sheet for their inputs to Bradford from a stranger on a motorhome forum who lives over 200 miles away? It is a very odd demand to make when you are far better placed, from merely 10 miles away, to do so for yourself. Can you explain why you did that? :-D

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 3:01 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:42 PM

But princess I asked first , way back in the thread and up to press nothing so I presume that's what they add nothing ??? ... Sorry I do recall you posted sumat about 1 car dealer type fella ...

Well little snowflake Khans was actually a very good example as i tried explaining to you but it obviously hasn't sunk in yet. I thought you ran some kind of "business"......or have you been pretending as you often do? If you have a business you will (i assume) employ or sub-contract X number of people. Those people get paid a wage (or should do). They spend money in the locality in a variety of other businesses....shops, pubs, cafes, etc. You would also need to purchase materials from various builders merchants.

All the above applies to Khan except he's running a sizeable business so will have way more employees than you....there are 27 vacancies currently advertised, mostly skilled and some requiring high qualification, but that's in addition to however many he's already employing. He will be purchasing very expensive materials as they work at 'high end' body modification so once again, that's a huge amount of expenditure some of which will be sourced within the local economy via small specialist suppliers. So lots of that money is going back into the economy of Bradford via Khan himself but also his employees. Khan could have built his business elsewhere....you know, a bit like that vacuum cleaner bloke Dyson whose chose to build his electric car in Singapore because they signed FTA's with the EU which Dyson wants, and UK is likely to lose. But Khan didn't move out of Bradford....he built his business there.

Quite what your obsession is over the Muslim population of Bradford is about i don't know other than your well known dislike of them (you haven't singled out any other minority), but that isn't showing how you believe Bradford has not benefited from their presence. You need to come up with something far more substantial than a dislike of them. And remember, they make up just 24.7% of Bradfords population.......so exactly what has that massive 75.3% given to Bradford? Surely you must have something......even if it's just a couple of self employed roofers?!!

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-18 6:34 PM

Not racism or Islamophobia, just prejudice - discrimination, if you find it more digestible. It is much the same thing - just the difference between cause and effect.

Bradford, yes, which is why I provided the history and Bradford council pieces. Bradford, see?

I'll wager there are more trees in the north of England than the south, but sadly it is also winter in the south, so not leafy. Hadn't you realised?

The post war influx was apparent from the history piece I linked to.

That you don't understand why singling out Muslims for special consideration is unreasonable is obvious. I tried to explain, but to no avail - but I'll give it another bash. :-)

You can't see the bias, but were you to make the same demand in respect of Poles, Italians, French, German or any other, the bias would be the same, only the target would change. Think Hitler and the Jews - he did much the same initially. Singled them out for special attention, made them the scapegoats for every social ill - and then look what happened. Nasty outcome.

My point about the goodies is that when they result, they result from the combined efforts of the entire working population, from each according to their ability.

But, why would one pick out one religious group in isolation, and then demand a balance sheet for their inputs to Bradford from a stranger on a motorhome forum who lives over 200 miles away? It is a very odd demand to make when you are far better placed, from merely 10 miles away, to do so for yourself. Can you explain why you did that? :-D

Your "goodies" point was nothing to do with what you now claim ... Your "goodies" was an attempt at telling us how good stand alone migrants are Brian ... Ive asked for clarification to what "goodies" Muslims who make up massively the new migrant population of Bradford bring and you just print more and more words with no answer ... If I am so wrong in asking and they do provide "goodies" then show me up for what you try to suggest I am as in a racist/Islamaphobe ... The internet is a wonderful thing , use it

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 8:53 PM.........……………...Your "goodies" point was nothing to do with what you now claim ... Your "goodies" was an attempt at telling us how good stand alone migrants are Brian ... Ive asked for clarification to what "goodies" Muslims who make up massively the new migrant population of Bradford bring and you just print more and more words with no answer ... If I am so wrong in asking and they do provide "goodies" then show me up for what you try to suggest I am as in a racist/Islamaphobe ... The internet is a wonderful thing , use it

What's the phrase? When in a hole, stop digging. :-D

You're arguing with your own distortions and straw man arguments. You're wasting your time.

As I have already said, if you want to know, follow your own advice, and use the internet.

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-19 3:24 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-18 8:53 PM.........……………...Your "goodies" point was nothing to do with what you now claim ... Your "goodies" was an attempt at telling us how good stand alone migrants are Brian ... Ive asked for clarification to what "goodies" Muslims who make up massively the new migrant population of Bradford bring and you just print more and more words with no answer ... If I am so wrong in asking and they do provide "goodies" then show me up for what you try to suggest I am as in a racist/Islamaphobe ... The internet is a wonderful thing , use it

You're arguing with your own distortions and straw man arguments. You're wasting your time.

As I have already said, if you want to know, follow your own advice, and use the internet.

Not "arguing" Brian and Ive distorted nothing just trying with little success to get you to provide a little more clarity on your claim ... You obviously cant so I will take your advice and I'll stop wasting my time asking

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-01-19 4:55 PM

Not "arguing" Brian and Ive distorted nothing just trying with little success to get you to provide a little more clarity on your claim ... You obviously cant so I will take your advice and I'll stop wasting my time asking

I wonder if Brian has ever been to Bradford?..............Seeing as he has become an expert on the place :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-20 9:29 AM

I wonder if Brian has ever been to Bradford?..............Seeing as he has become an expert on the place :D .........

Hes been on the council website ... Does that count ??? ... I seem to remember him becoming an expert on how many refugees, or in Brians view how few refugees Huddersfield has after he visited Kirklees Council website ... All the gear , no idea me thinks

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2019-01-20 9:37 AM

pelmetman - 2019-01-20 9:29 AM

Hes been on the council website ... Does that count ??? ... I seem to remember him becoming an expert on how many refugees, or in Brians view how few refugees Huddersfield has after he visited Kirklees Council website ... All the gear , no idea me thinks

To people like Brian, because the council website doesn't say the place is sh*thole.......it cant be a sh*thole *-) ...........

You'd think as a fellow Remoaner he'd accept Barry's view?..........he's worked there and agrees with you :D ..........

Archived