First of the Traitors

antony1969

pelmetman - 2019-04-05 8:48 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-04-04 5:53 PM

pelmetman - 2019-04-04 5:22 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-04-04 3:46 PM

teflon2 - 2019-04-04 3:23 PM

You made a claim that 84,000 Isle of man residents were denied a vote but as I posted the Isle of Man is not nor has ever been part of the UK neither is it part of the EU so I repeat how do you believe that the IoM residents were entitled to or required a vote ?.

People i said were denied a vote was the 700,000 (figure was published at the time) British immigrants living and working overseas. Only those who had been non-resident for less than 15 years could vote. I thought my reply to your post yesterday was clear in that i'd already stated in my post you quoted, the IoM and Channel islands were crown dependencies. I think you're labouring a point which was never there and even emboldened the key words in my post.

So even if your mythical 700,000 voted to Remain ;-) ..........

You'd still have lost would you not? >:-) ........

Depends on which figure you want. I was being generous to Brexiters by quoting the lowest published figure of 700,000. Other media had it "up to 3 million" so which one do you want?

You mean other Remoaner propaganda media sites had up to 3 million......using Mzz Abbott's calculator no doubt :D ......

Just because you don't 'like' something doesn't make it 'propaganda' as censuses have no political affiliation at all. They are a legal requirement. Figures can easily be sourced from the internet and this one from 2014 estimated from records between 4.5 and 5.5 million Britons living abroad.....7-8% of the UK population. To put that in context, only about 0.8% of Americans, 3% of Spanish and 2.1% of Australians are expats.

https://www.statslife.org.uk/social-sciences/1910-how-many-british-immigrants-are-there-in-other-people-s-countries

Perhaps you will post up something factual for a change instead of railing against something you don't 'like'? Your state of permanent denial is strange for someone spending half the year in a country where thousands of Britons have made their home and maybe you were under the illusion that was the only country Britons migrated to.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-05 1:14 PM

You made a claim that 84,000 Isle of man residents were denied a vote but as I posted the Isle of Man is not nor has ever been part of the UK neither is it part of the EU so I repeat how do you believe that the IoM residents were entitled to or required a vote ?.

People i said were denied a vote was the 700,000 (figure was published at the time) British immigrants living and working overseas. Only those who had been non-resident for less than 15 years could vote. I thought my reply to your post yesterday was clear in that i'd already stated in my post you quoted, the IoM and Channel islands were crown dependencies. I think you're labouring a point which was never there and even emboldened the key words in my post.

Depends on which figure you want. I was being generous to Brexiters by quoting the lowest published figure of 700,000. Other media had it "up to 3 million" so which one do you want?

You mean other Remoaner propaganda media sites had up to 3 million......using Mzz Abbott's calculator no doubt :D ......

Just because you don't 'like' something doesn't make it 'propaganda' as censuses have no political affiliation at all. They are a legal requirement. Figures can easily be sourced from the internet and this one from 2014 estimated from records between 4.5 and 5.5 million Britons living abroad.....7-8% of the UK population. To put that in context, only about 0.8% of Americans, 3% of Spanish and 2.1% of Australians are expats.

https://www.statslife.org.uk/social-sciences/1910-how-many-british-immigrants-are-there-in-other-people-s-countries

Perhaps you will post up something factual for a change instead of railing against something you don't 'like'? Your state of permanent denial is strange for someone spending half the year in a country where thousands of Britons have made their home and maybe you were under the illusion that was the only country Britons migrated to.

When did a estimate become a factual number? :-S ...........

pelmetman - 2019-04-05 2:15 PM

They were taken from census records and registrations including stats provided by the Home Office if only you took the trouble to read for once. *-)

It says the data, ...will likely be an underestimate of the true expat population. The problem is compounded by British residents who don't officially register in their adopted country.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-05 5:07 PM

They were taken from census records and registrations including stats provided by the Home Office if only you took the trouble to read for once. *-)

It says the data, ...will likely be an underestimate of the true expat population. The problem is compounded by British residents who don't officially register in their adopted country.

Oh that 2011 census ;-) ..........

So their guesstimates are hardly going to be very accurate are they? (lol) .......

pelmetman - 2019-04-05 9:21 PM

So their guesstimates are hardly going to be very accurate are they? (lol) .......

I can't believe you are so thick. What makes you think Britons who have moved to live abroad register on a UK census? :-S They register within the country they've become resident in. Why does everything have to be spelled out for you? The statistics supplied by the HO are Emigration i referred to and can be found here; https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/emigration-from-the-uk

I wish you'd start reading links fully before jumping to wild conclusions all the time. If you read that other link you'd see it actually states the figures ...will likely be an underestimate of the true expat population because many don't officially register.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-05 9:52 PM

I can't believe you are so thick. What makes you think Britons who have moved to live abroad register on a UK census? :-S They register within the country they've become resident in. Why does everything have to be spelled out for you? The statistics supplied by the HO are Emigration i referred to and can be found here; https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/emigration-from-the-uk

I wish you'd start reading links fully before jumping to wild conclusions all the time. If you read that other link you'd see it actually states the figures ...will likely be an underestimate of the true expat population because many don't officially register.

How is any of that relevant to why those who have permanently emigrated from the UK should be allowed a vote on the UK's membership of the EU? *-) ...........

Apparently now I have a padron I can register to vote in local elections ;-) ...........

I wont, because that would make me a hypocrite like those selfish expats who want the UK to remain in the EU >:-) ..........

I can't believe you are so thick. What makes you think Britons who have moved to live abroad register on a UK census? :-S

I wish you'd start reading links fully before jumping to wild conclusions all the time.

Someone IS definitely thick here.

By keeping in the British system (when really domiciled abroad) a Retirement Pension is not pegged, there are rights to Benefits that would be lost. Plenty of Brits in Spain/Portugal are fiddling the system. Any problem and they can be back in the UK in a few hours.

pelmetman - 2019-04-06 8:14 AM

How is any of that relevant to why those who have permanently emigrated from the UK should be allowed a vote on the UK's membership of the EU? *-) ...........

It's relevant in that you confused UK census with those of whichever country a Briton has migrated to....eg one of my nephews has not been on a UK census in years since he's lived in Australia the past 20 years where he will be registered on theirs. Regards voting if you looked back through my posts i explained that very clearly to you, those who had lived outside UK over 15 years were not allowed to vote. If only you took a little more time to read posts properly and digest, i wouldn't need to keep repeating it back you.....and i'm not the only one whose having to do this with you either.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-06 12:51 PM

747 - 2019-04-06 9:08 AM

Plenty of Brits in Spain/Portugal are fiddling the system. Any problem and they can be back in the UK in a few hours.

I know there are and i have no sympathy. They risk being deported and their passport marked.

That's why there is a 4 month wait to get a appointment at the Benidorm cop shop :D ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-06 12:46 PM

If only you took a little more time to read posts properly and digest, i wouldn't need to keep repeating it back you.....and i'm not the only one whose having to do this with you either.

What did you say? :D .........

Bulletguy - 2019-04-06 12:51 PM

747 - 2019-04-06 9:08 AM

Plenty of Brits in Spain/Portugal are fiddling the system. Any problem and they can be back in the UK in a few hours.

I know there are and i have no sympathy. They risk being deported and their passport marked.

Perhaps I should have explained it a bit better.

Any problem ...... related to their Benefit fiddle and they can be back 'home' in a few hours.

Why would they be deported? They can apply to stay in Spain/Portugal without losing British nationality. You have either led a sheltered life or you don't know anything about the scams and fiddles available to the cunning and dishonest Brits abroad.

Archived