brexit again

Barcobird

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-08-15 7:30 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-15 2:06 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-15 1:39 PM

Don't take my word for it though...go and speak to your GP and tell him/her you intend remaining out of UK for over 90 days and if they say they aren't bothered, ask them to put it in writing.

I did ;-) ............She gave me 4 months worth of drugs :D ........

You ignored the bit in bold....however 3 month (as one lot) is the max allowed under NHS rules which both GP and Pharmacist know about. They can give 6 x one monthly prescriptions, but that's entirely different as you are drawing one months meds at a time. It's very restrictive as that method forces you to use the same pharmacy because the Pharmacist holds the master copy for all 6 months meaning you can't even go to any other pharmacy in UK.

Correct 3 months in one go is the maximum ;-) .........

Which is why she gave me two prescriptions of two months worth of drugs :D ..........

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

More excellent Brexit news B-) .........

"Brexit secretary Stephen Barclay is expected to sign an order in the next few days which will repeal the European Communities Act 1972 after October 31 in a move which would trigger the end of European law’s supremacy in Britain."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1166388/brexit-news-latest-boris-johnson-no-deal-brexit-european-court-justice

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 3:38 PM

Don't take my word for it though...go and speak to your GP and tell him/her you intend remaining out of UK for over 90 days and if they say they aren't bothered, ask them to put it in writing.

You ignored the bit in bold....however 3 month (as one lot) is the max allowed under NHS rules which both GP and Pharmacist know about. They can give 6 x one monthly prescriptions, but that's entirely different as you are drawing one months meds at a time. It's very restrictive as that method forces you to use the same pharmacy because the Pharmacist holds the master copy for all 6 months meaning you can't even go to any other pharmacy in UK.

Which is why she gave me two prescriptions of two months worth of drugs :D ..........

Then both your GP and Pharmacist are flouting NHS GMSC regulations and worse still, certainly know they are because they aren't supposed to dispense more than 3 month at one time.

How long were you in Spain?

Bulletguy - 2019-08-16 4:13 PM

Then both your GP and Pharmacist are flouting NHS GMSC regulations and worse still, certainly know they are because they aren't supposed to dispense more than 3 month at one time.

Oh no Bullets guna press his red fuzz button ... Call the cops ... Why are you playing with him Dave ???

Birdbrain - 2019-08-16 4:18 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-16 4:13 PM

Oh no Bullets guna press his red fuzz button ... Call the cops ... Why are you playing with him Dave ???

cat.jpg.890fc42d20ba3babdbb97cdee4cd4487.jpg

Barryd999 - 2019-08-15 9:31 AM

Barcobird - 2019-08-15 9:14 AM

jumpstart - 2019-08-15 8:47 AM

So what is the overstay penalty then?

Barryd999 - 2019-08-14 10:56 PM

747 - 2019-08-14 2:03 PM

Are you sure? Spain has already said it will still wecome UK citizens whatever happens. I cannot see them enforcing the 90 day rule (or Portugal for that matter.

Of course the French will be their usual bolshy, anti-British selves (I mean the Government, not the people). I can see them being jobsworths. 8-)

Oh yes I am sure. Trust me as a long term traveller I looked into this in some detail well before the referendum and after. There are loads of travel forums where overstaying in Schengen has been discussed at length and there is no way to do it and people are fined, deported and can be refused entry in the future if they breach the rules. Im not making this up, these are first hand accounts I have come across. Some countries are more lenient than others in how they will treat you if caught ranging from a fine of a few hundred Euros to over a thousand and in some cases being slung in jail and then fined and deported but there is no getting away from it, 90 days is your limit. What would happen to your motorhome if caught is also another question if your deported.

As bulletguy states I don't necessarily think there will be a problem milling around Europe (not so much anyway) but the problems couod start when you get back to The British port where they could implement the 90 day law.

I remember touring Europe in a car as a teenager, ( there was border control in those days), we had no problems anywhere (except Gibraltar a British colony but that's another story !) until we got back to Dover. It was the the third degree and they took half the car apart.

So in my opinion don't expect a soft Brexit from the British authorities.

As said I read up on this considerably as I think did Brian Kirby. It was going to be something that effects me a fair bit as most of our trips over the water are 4-6 months in duration. I joined various travel forums from outside of Europe and there were many confirmed first hand cases of people being caught while in country and fined for overstaying and in one case (Holland I think) someone was locked up in jail until they decided what to do with them. You are generally immediately deported and in some cases can be banned from returning. I would suspect you could wing it but as said you may come a cropper at the border when you leave. Then there is stuff like insurance etc to consider. You cant just leave for one day and come back either like Mr Birdbrain is suggesting. You have to wait another 90 days outside of Europe.

Trust me there is no "legal" way around it.

I think there may be some confusion here. :-)

The 90 days within any 180 days rule is an EU Schengen area rule. When you enter the Schengen area your passport will be recorded on a database, and that will set the beginning of both the 90 days and the 180 days. Your passport will be recorded again when you leave, and if you have spent more than 90 days in Schengen you will be deemed to have overstayed and be liable to be penalised (fine or ban).

All the Schengen states (which the unbelievers can check for themselves! :-)) have undertaken to abide by this rule, because it was their idea and they voted for it. It is not open to individual national application: if the country has joined Schengen, that is the rule.

You can leave Schengen into a non-Schengen state, and your passport will then be logged out, and you can later enter Schengen again, and only the time you have spent in Schengen will be taken into account. Once you have used your 90 Schengen days you will not be allowed back in until after the expiry of 180 days from the date on which you first entered Schengen. Only then will you be allowed back in.

I think some people are confusing national residency rules (which will apply in non-Schengen EU states as well as non-EU or Schengen states) with the Schengen rules. This will not have affected the UK hitherto, as the UK is still a member of the EU and, as such, is exempt from the Schengen Visa restrictions. In effect, when we enter we are being granted a Schengen Visa, but after we leave to become a third country, that entitlement will expire and we will enter on the same terms as citizens of any other third country.

Folk need to be very clear which rule they are citing when making claims about what entitlements they may enjoy. National residency rules are set by the individual states, and apply only within those states, the Schengen rules for third country visitors apply without exception to all Schengen states, and folk would be wise to mug up on Schengen - because at least Switzerland (which is a non-EU state) is also in Schengen.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-08-16 6:49 PM

National residency rules are set by the individual states, and apply only within those states,

As are the temporary residency rules for Spain ;-) ............

P1010899.JPG.97a8462cbeb204c7e77f4eef0086c6b4.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 8:45 PM

National residency rules are set by the individual states, and apply only within those states,

I think the only way for you to learn is when UK immigration pull you in as you seem to think you can disregard UK regulations purely because you are out of the country.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-08-16 10:59 PM

I think the only way for you to learn is when UK immigration pull you in as you seem to think you can disregard UK regulations purely because you are out of the country.

So now you're saying us Brits are not allowed to leave the UK for more than 90 days at a time (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Keep it up Bullet :D .........You are doing wonders for proving Remoaners are as thick as Pig Sh*te >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 11:14 PM

So now you're saying us Brits are not allowed to leave the UK for more than 90 days at a time (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

How many more times? It's not what "i say" at all as i don't make the damn rules. If it was left to me i'd have open borders and freedom of movement but you voted to end that. But now you want to disregard that bit and carry on pleasing yourself. Bit hypocritical isn't it?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-08-16 11:37 PM

How many more times? It's not what "i say" at all as i don't make the damn rules. If it was left to me i'd have open borders and freedom of movement but you voted to end that. But now you want to disregard that bit and carry on pleasing yourself. Bit hypocritical isn't it?

When have I ever said tourists shouldn't be allowed to stay in the UK for longer than 90 days? ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-08-17 10:03 AM

When have I ever said tourists shouldn't be allowed to stay in the UK for longer than 90 days? ;-) .........

When you voted leave.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 10:07 AM

When you voted leave.

Nope........ I don't remember banning tourists being part of the discussions? :-S ..........

pelmetman - 2019-08-17 10:10 AM

When you voted leave.

Nope........ I don't remember banning tourists being part of the discussions? :-S ..........

So you finally admit you didn't have all the information when you voted leave? Unintended consequences.

pelmetman - 2019-08-17 10:10 AM

When you voted leave.

I don't rember there being any discussions just babbling Boris and his big red bus *-)

2016: TURKEY ARE JOINING THE EU!!!

Scunthorpe votes 68.68% for leave

2019: British Steel in Scunthorpe goes into administration because of Brexit

Turkey Military Pension Fund buys British Steel Scunthorpe and saves 4,500 jobs

Ironic-o-meter just exploded

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 11:22 AM

Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU , the global market ... Great news so thanks

Birdbrain - 2019-08-17 12:18 PM

Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU , the global market ... Great news so thanks

And amazingly they managed to it whilst we were still in the EU? So we now you agree that we don't need to leave to secure further investment?

Of course the £ being 25% less than it was in 2016 makes "British" companies cheap for all these foreign investors, quite a number of which will just asset strip and move production elsewhere when they see the export tariffs imposed.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 12:37 PM

And amazingly they managed to it whilst we were still in the EU? So we now you agree that we don't need to leave to secure further investment?

Of course the £ being 25% less than it was in 2016 makes "British" companies cheap for all these foreign investors, quite a number of which will just asset strip and move production elsewhere when they see the export tariffs imposed.

Are you drunk or just that angry you cant get your words out ??? ... Can you translate the first paragraph into English

Birdbrain - 2019-08-17 1:05 PM

Are you drunk or just that angry you cant get your words out ??? ... Can you translate the first paragraph into English

I know you struggle with basic comprehension so I will break it down into bullet points:

* Pelmethead argued that the takeover of British Steel by the Turkish Military Pension Scheme was a "Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU"

* I pointed out that this investment from outside the EU came at a time when we are still in the EU

*I suggested that "we now you agree that we don't need to leave to secure further investment?"

*I then pointed out the devalued pound made all British firms in danger of foreign takeovers as the stock is now 25% cheaper than they were before the 2016 vote.

Do try to keep up.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 1:23 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-17 1:05 PM

I know you struggle with basic comprehension so I will break it down into bullet points:

* Pelmethead argued that the takeover of British Steel by the Turkish Military Pension Scheme was a "Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU"

* I pointed out that this investment from outside the EU came at a time when we are still in the EU

*I suggested that "we now you agree that we don't need to leave to secure further investment?"

*I then pointed out the devalued pound made all British firms in danger of foreign takeovers as the stock is now 25% cheaper than they were before the 2016 vote.

Do try to keep up.

You'd think Brexiters would be up in arms over flogging off UK industry to foreigners wouldn't you? "Taking back control" etc. *-)

I also see UK gov has handed West Coast rail contract to an Italian firm, Trenitalia, after Bransons Virgin company ran it for 22 years.

Guest pelmetman

Do try to keep up.

Actually it wasn't me ;-) ..........So do try and keep up :D ..........

Apart from that..... why should I have problem with a Indian firm selling their business to an Italian firm? :-S ...........

pelmetman - 2019-08-17 3:14 PM

Do try to keep up.

Actually it wasn't me ;-) ..........So do try and keep up :D ..........

Apart from that..... why should I have problem with a Indian firm selling their business to an Italian firm? :-S ...........

Except Tata haven't owned it for a number of years..... Do try to keep up

Archived