brexit again

Barcobird

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 3:34 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-17 3:14 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 1:23 PM

* Pelmethead argued that the takeover of British Steel by the Turkish Military Pension Scheme was a "Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU"

Do try to keep up.

Actually it wasn't me ;-) ..........So do try and keep up :D ..........

Apart from that..... why should I have problem with a Indian firm selling their business to an Turkish pension firm? :-S ...........

Except Tata haven't owned it for a number of years..... Do try to keep up

So why should I have a problem with a French business man selling his company to Turkish pension firm? ;-) ...........

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-08-17 4:09 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 3:34 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-17 3:14 PM

* Pelmethead argued that the takeover of British Steel by the Turkish Military Pension Scheme was a "Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU"

Do try to keep up.

Actually it wasn't me ;-) ..........So do try and keep up :D ..........

Apart from that..... why should I have problem with a Indian firm selling their business to an Turkish pension firm? :-S ...........

Except Tata haven't owned it for a number of years..... Do try to keep up

So why should I have a problem with a French business man selling his company to Turkish pension firm? ;-) ...........

Nope. It was a British Company Ernst and Young that sold it.

Birdbrain - 2019-08-17 1:05 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 12:37 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-17 12:18 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 11:22 AM

2016: TURKEY ARE JOINING THE EU!!!

Scunthorpe votes 68.68% for leave

2019: British Steel in Scunthorpe goes into administration because of Brexit

Turkey Military Pension Fund buys British Steel Scunthorpe and saves 4,500 jobs

Ironic-o-meter just exploded

Just what us Brexiteers wanted ... More investment from outside The EU , the global market ... Great news so thanks

And amazingly they managed to it whilst we were still in the EU? So we now you agree that we don't need to leave to secure further investment?

Of course the £ being 25% less than it was in 2016 makes "British" companies cheap for all these foreign investors, quite a number of which will just asset strip and move production elsewhere when they see the export tariffs imposed.

Are you drunk or just that angry you cant get your words out ??? ... Can you translate the first paragraph into English

I know you struggle with basic comprehension so I will break it down into bullet points:

* I pointed out that this investment from outside the EU came at a time when we are still in the EU

*I suggested that "we now you agree that we don't need to leave to secure further investment?"

*I then pointed out the devalued pound made all British firms in danger of foreign takeovers as the stock is now 25% cheaper than they were before the 2016 vote.

Do try to keep up.

"And amazingly they managed to it whilst we were still in The EU? So we now you agree that we dont need to leave to secure further investment ?"

Could you break it down further princess because that simply make no sense at all , I'll try to keep up

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 8:45 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-16 6:49 PM

National residency rules are set by the individual states, and apply only within those states,

As are the temporary residency rules for Spain ;-) ............

Yes Dave, correct. But, Spain is a Schengen state, and you chosen routs at present is to travel across France to get there. Your passports will be logged on the Schengen database when you enter France, and again when you leave (presumably also through France, which is another Schengen state). If your leaving date is more than 90 days after your entry date, you will be liable to a penalty (fine, or restriction on future entry).

The same would happen were you to take ferries direct from UK to Spain. Your passports will be logged on the Schengen database when you enter, and again when you leave, and if you have spent more than 90 days in Schengen you will automatically be liable to a penalty.

If you want to stay longer than 90 days in Schengen you will need an extended Schengen visa, in which case, as you seem to travel through other Schengen states en-route to Spain, you will need a Visa that is recognised in all Schengen states you will visit. Not all countries issue Schengen Visas that are recognised in the other states. France does, but you need to present documentation in person at the French embassy in London, and pay to get one. I don't know about Spain, or the acceptability of their Visas outside Spain.

Feel free to check what I'm saying: this is my understanding based on a read through of the Schengen rules and a few websites, but I did not make a detailed study of them. Spanish residency applies to Spain only. Their procedures are in parallel with, but not linked to, or a substitute for, the Schengen Visa procedures which take legal precedence.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-08-17 7:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 8:45 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-16 6:49 PM

National residency rules are set by the individual states, and apply only within those states,

As are the temporary residency rules for Spain ;-) ............

Yes Dave, correct. But, Spain is a Schengen state, and you chosen routs at present is to travel across France to get there. Your passports will be logged on the Schengen database when you enter France, and again when you leave (presumably also through France, which is another Schengen state). If your leaving date is more than 90 days after your entry date, you will be liable to a penalty (fine, or restriction on future entry).

Looks like Santander/Bilbao ferry then :D ..........

Guest pelmetman

The same would happen were you to take ferries direct from UK to Spain. Your passports will be logged on the Schengen database when you enter, and again when you leave, and if you have spent more than 90 days in Schengen you will automatically be liable to a penalty.

So Russian's, South American's, Moroccans are all being fined? :-S ..........

I must ask the Armenian who runs our favorite restaurant how much the fine is? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman

Feel free to check what I'm saying: this is my understanding based on a read through of the Schengen rules and a few websites, but I did not make a detailed study of them. Spanish residency applies to Spain only. Their procedures are in parallel with, but not linked to, or a substitute for, the Schengen Visa procedures which take legal precedence.

No need to check ;-) .........

As I'll comply with what rules if any the Spanish impose "after" Brexit B-) ......

I find it strange that one of the reasons for Brexit was to stop the influx of foreigners now it appears that you are happy to sell off our businesses to foreign investors who will replace the Brits with their own workers. If they can't get their own staff in the company will be asset stripped and sold off. *-)

pelmetman - 2019-08-18 10:16 AM

I must ask the Armenian who runs our favorite restaurant how much the fine is? ;-) .........

Unlikely, because if they were, they would have been deported as persistent over-stayers.

You're still failing to take into account that the Schengen rules are not the same as Spanish national rules, and that where there is a conflict the Schengen rules take legal precedence. Those you mention presumably have been granted long-term Schengen Visas.

None of those states are EU states, so their citizens will have been subject to the same Schengen rules for citizens of third countries (or they have slipped in under the radar) as will UK citizens post Brexit.

You might ask the Armenian restaurateur whether he still has his Armenian passport, or whether he has taken Spanish nationality. I assume he is permanently resident in Spain so, if he retained Armenian nationality with an Armenian passport, if/when he returns to Armenia to see family or whatever, he will be picked up at whatever Schengen departure point he chooses, and will then have to show his full documentation. Once out of Spain, if his documentation was not in order he would not be allowed back into Schengen (or probably Spain), until it was.

You don't have to take my word for any of this, you can read all about Schengen rules and Visas for citizens of third countries on the net - its all there in black and white.

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-18 11:08 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-18 10:16 AM

Unlikely, because if they were, they would have been deported as persistent over-stayers.

You're still failing to take into account that the Schengen rules are not the same as Spanish national rules, and that where there is a conflict the Schengen rules take legal precedence. Those you mention presumably have been granted long-term Schengen Visas.

None of those states are EU states, so their citizens will have been subject to the same Schengen rules for citizens of third countries (or they have slipped in under the radar) as will UK citizens post Brexit.

You might ask the Armenian restaurateur whether he still has his Armenian passport, or whether he has taken Spanish nationality. I assume he is permanently resident in Spain so, if he retained Armenian nationality with an Armenian passport, if/when he returns to Armenia to see family or whatever, he will be picked up at whatever Schengen departure point he chooses, and will then have to show his full documentation. Once out of Spain, if his documentation was not in order he would not be allowed back into Schengen (or probably Spain), until it was.

You don't have to take my word for any of this, you can read all about Schengen rules and Visas for citizens of third countries on the net - its all there in black and white.

But Pelmetman doesn’t want to differentiate between black and white (lol)

Guest pelmetman

Those you mention presumably have been granted long-term Schengen Visas.

Bingo! :D ............So I assume we will have to do something similar ;-) .........

Unless you're going to suggest they wont because we're British? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-08-18 11:17 AM

But Pelmetman doesn’t want to differentiate between black and white (lol)

Does scaremongering come in black & white? *-) ...........

Barcobird - 2019-08-18 10:43 AM

I find it strange that one of the reasons for Brexit was to stop the influx of foreigners now it appears that you are happy to sell off our businesses to foreign investors who will replace the Brits with their own workers. If they can't get their own staff in the company will be asset stripped and sold off. *-)

Where have you been for the last 40 years? 8-)

Very little has been British owned for a long, long time.

pelmetman - 2019-08-18 12:14 PM

Bingo! :D ............So I assume we will have to do something similar ;-) .........

Unless you're going to suggest they wont because we're British? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Maybe they have but maybe they also have houses or businesses even in Spain and can satisfy the Spanish authorities as such. Maybe they are minted and know whos palms to cross, who knows? If you get away with it Dave you should go on all the none EU long term travel forums I mentioned and tell them how you did it because none of the ones I looked at seemed to offer a "legit" solution.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-18 12:55 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-18 12:14 PM

Maybe they have but maybe they also have houses or businesses even in Spain and can satisfy the Spanish authorities as such. Maybe they are minted and know whos palms to cross, who knows? If you get away with it Dave you should go on all the none EU long term travel forums I mentioned and tell them how you did it because none of the ones I looked at seemed to offer a "legit" solution.

I doubt the local restaurants, estate agents etc would go to the expense of having menus and signs made in Russian just for a few dodgy ex Communists :D ............

Menus are very telling of the local clientele in my experience ;-) .........

I've yet to find a restaurant in the EU with the menu in 28 languages >:-) .........

P1010899.JPG.e82e24ac6e4d54df337b3705f6310398.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-08-18 10:19 AM

As I'll comply with what rules if any the Spanish impose "after" Brexit B-) ......

So it's your intention to take Spanish residency?

What I don't understand is why you are hell bent on leaving when it appears that you spend most of your life in Spain, maybe you will miss the British handouts?

Operation yellow hammer document.

"No-deal Brexit would lead to food, medicine and petrol shortages, the most likely scenario is severe extended delays to medicine supplies and shortages of some fresh foods, combined with price rises, if there is a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

It said there would be a return to a hard border on the island of Ireland before long and a “three-month meltdown” at ports unable to cope with extra checks. Protests could break out across the UK, requiring significant police intervention, and two oil refineries could close, with thousands of job losses, according to the documents."

Is there anything else you would like to achieve by leaving ?

Barcobird - 2019-08-18 11:37 PM

What I don't understand is why you are hell bent on leaving when it appears that you spend most of your life in Spain, maybe you will miss the British handouts?

You won't ever get a straight answer off him to that question as he's spent the past three years being evasive about that. He will tell you he knew what he was voting for.....but obviously didn't realise he was voting to end his own freedom of movement. *-)

Barcobird - 2019-08-18 11:55 PM

"No-deal Brexit would lead to food, medicine and petrol shortages, the most likely scenario is severe extended delays to medicine supplies and shortages of some fresh foods, combined with price rises, if there is a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

It said there would be a return to a hard border on the island of Ireland before long and a “three-month meltdown” at ports unable to cope with extra checks. Protests could break out across the UK, requiring significant police intervention, and two oil refineries could close, with thousands of job losses, according to the documents."

Johnson was making jokes about it a couple of weeks ago. Government shouldn't even be talking 'no deal' at all though....they've never had a mandate for it.

https://www.channel4.com/news/leaked-cabinet-document-lays-out-worst-possible-brexit-scenarios

Barcobird - 2019-08-18 11:55 PM

All flights stopped , reservoirs will run dry within days , internet will crash blah blah blah oh and AIDS will wipe us all out again ... Another whinger https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7368469/Jamie-Oliver-blames-Brexit-collapse-restaurant-chain.html ... On behalf of all Brexiteers Jamie I am really sorry we voted leave and that led to the collapse of your restaurant chain ... In Leeds your restaurant is surrounded by many other full ones with Gino d'campo's just across the road doing what you do for less and always busy ... So sorry ... Pucker

THIS IS NOT A GOOD START TO THE DAY!

The 1972 Act is the vehicle that sees regulations flow into UK law directly from the EU’s lawmaking bodies in Brussels.

The announcement of the Act’s repeal marks a historic step in returning lawmaking powers from Brussels to the UK. We are taking back control of our laws, as the public voted for in 2016.

The repeal of the European Communities Act 1972 will take effect when Britain formally leaves the EU on October 31.

Speaking after signing the legislation that will crystallise in law the upcoming repeal of the ECA, the Secretary of State for Exiting the EU Steve Barclay said:

This is a clear signal to the people of this country that there is no turning back - we are leaving the EU as promised on October 31, whatever the circumstances - delivering on the instructions given to us in 2016.

The votes of 17.4 million people deciding to leave the EU is the greatest democratic mandate ever given to any UK Government. Politicians cannot choose which public votes they wish to respect. Parliament has already voted to leave on 31 October. The signing of this legislation ensures that the EU Withdrawal Act will repeal the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day.

The ECA saw countless EU regulations flowing directly into UK law for decades, and any government serious about leaving on October 31 should show their commitment to repealing it.

That is what we are doing by setting in motion that repeal. This is a landmark moment in taking back control of our laws from Brussels.

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-08-19 9:39 AM

The 1972 Act is the vehicle that sees regulations flow into UK law directly from the EU’s lawmaking bodies in Brussels.

The announcement of the Act’s repeal marks a historic step in returning lawmaking powers from Brussels to the UK. We are taking back control of our laws, as the public voted for in 2016.

The repeal of the European Communities Act 1972 will take effect when Britain formally leaves the EU on October 31.

Speaking after signing the legislation that will crystallise in law the upcoming repeal of the ECA, the Secretary of State for Exiting the EU Steve Barclay said:

This is a clear signal to the people of this country that there is no turning back - we are leaving the EU as promised on October 31, whatever the circumstances - delivering on the instructions given to us in 2016.

The votes of 17.4 million people deciding to leave the EU is the greatest democratic mandate ever given to any UK Government. Politicians cannot choose which public votes they wish to respect. Parliament has already voted to leave on 31 October. The signing of this legislation ensures that the EU Withdrawal Act will repeal the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day.

The ECA saw countless EU regulations flowing directly into UK law for decades, and any government serious about leaving on October 31 should show their commitment to repealing it.

That is what we are doing by setting in motion that repeal. This is a landmark moment in taking back control of our laws from Brussels.

It's a excellent start to "my" day B-) ...........

P1010899.JPG.79190b757470fe2e6c1fc545f50a6b7f.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-08-19 10:20 AM

You can go celebrate with a 1.80 bottle of Spanish wine with you Spanish mates under the Spanish sun (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-08-19 10:26 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-19 10:20 AM

You can go celebrate with a 1.80 bottle of Spanish wine with you Spanish mates under the Spanish sun (lol)

I bought a bottle in Weymouth Lidil last week ;-) ...........It was £5.50 8-) ..........

You "forgot" to answer Barcos question from yesterday.

Barcobird - 2019-08-18 11:37 PM

Archived