brexit again

Barcobird

Bulletguy - 2019-08-19 4:00 PM

You "forgot" to answer Barcos question from yesterday.

Barcobird - 2019-08-18 11:37 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-18 10:19 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-17 7:29 PM

Feel free to check what I'm saying: this is my understanding based on a read through of the Schengen rules and a few websites, but I did not make a detailed study of them. Spanish residency applies to Spain only. Their procedures are in parallel with, but not linked to, or a substitute for, the Schengen Visa procedures which take legal precedence.

No need to check ;-) .........

As I'll comply with what rules if any the Spanish impose "after" Brexit B-) ......

So it's your intention to take Spanish residency?

What I don't understand is why you are hell bent on leaving when it appears that you spend most of your life in Spain, maybe you will miss the British handouts?

It’s the shock of paying 5.50 for a bottle of wine (lol)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Feel free to check what I'm saying: this is my understanding based on a read through of the Schengen rules and a few websites, but I did not make a detailed study of them. Spanish residency applies to Spain only. Their procedures are in parallel with, but not linked to, or a substitute for, the Schengen Visa procedures which take legal precedence.

As I'll comply with what rules if any the Spanish impose "after" Brexit B-) ......

What I don't understand is why you are hell bent on leaving when it appears that you spend most of your life in Spain, maybe you will miss the British handouts?

It's my intention to follow what ever rules the Spanish government make post Brexit to allow me to stay for a maximum of 182 days ;-) ............

https://www.spanishsolutions.net/blog/newsletters/residency-for-british-citizens-in-spain-and-the-3-6-month-confusion/

"Nicola Ryan

August 16, 2019 at 10:14 am

Good Morn­ing Eliza­beth,

That is cor­rect, only an NIE is re­quired. We are sorry but we can not con­firm what will be needed to visit Spain, post Brexit. The For­eign Of­fice, here in Spain have not re­leased any in­form­a­tion or guidelines as yet. When they do, we will de­tail this in our news­let­ter, we hope this helps."

It's pretty clear that even those in the know.....don't know what the rules will be ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-08-19 4:43 PM

It's my intention to follow what ever rules the Spanish government make post Brexit to allow me to stay for a maximum of 182 days ;-) ............

https://www.spanishsolutions.net/blog/newsletters/residency-for-british-citizens-in-spain-and-the-3-6-month-confusion/

"Nicola Ryan

That is cor­rect, only an NIE is re­quired. We are sorry but we can not con­firm what will be needed to visit Spain, post Brexit. The For­eign Of­fice, here in Spain have not re­leased any in­form­a­tion or guidelines as yet. When they do, we will de­tail this in our news­let­ter, we hope this helps."

It's pretty clear that even those in the know.....don't know what the rules will be ;-) ..........

I have worked out how you have managed so many posts, you have got an answer for everything ! ;-)

Barcobird - 2019-08-19 4:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-19 4:00 PM

You "forgot" to answer Barcos question from yesterday.

It’s the shock of paying 5.50 for a bottle of wine (lol)

Yea he votes to make everyone poorer here then runs off to Spain. Typical Brexiter. *-)

What you posted applies to EU citizens (apart from Swiss). You voted to make yourself a "third country" citizen, which isn't covered in either the link you posted or UK gov. The only mention of non-EU applying are citizens who have EU family resident.

Quite why you're dancing around trying to jump through hoops using whatever dodge you can find to overstay in Spain, the hypocrisy of which seems to have totally gone over your head, is beyond me. What on earth did you vote to leave the EU for when you want to spend half the year staying in an EU country?

It would be a lot more honest if you moved and became resident there instead of deceiving the authorities.

Barcobird - 2019-08-19 5:55 PM

"Nicola Ryan

I have worked out how you have managed so many posts, you have got an answer for everything ! ;-)

Wait until he's pulled by the authorities.....Spanish or British. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-08-19 5:55 PM

"Nicola Ryan

I have common sense ;-) ...........and common sense tells me no country is going to ban folk who provide a positive financial contribution to their economy........especially a country like Spain who gets 18 million British tourists every year :D ..........

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/sep/28/uk-holidaymakers-spain-favourite-destination-rising-prices

Archived