Grenfell

Birdbrain

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thebishbus - 2019-11-05 3:34 PM

John 52. I thought the advice to stay put was from the Fire Brigade

Brian B.

ps The ones that survived were the ones that used their common sense and left before it was too late.

That advice was from both.

And you are saying the victims died because they didn't have the 'common sense' to ignore it.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-05 4:12 PM

thebishbus - 2019-11-05 3:34 PM

John 52. I thought the advice to stay put was from the Fire Brigade

Brian B.

ps The ones that survived were the ones that used their common sense and left before it was too late.

That advice was from both.

And you are saying the victims died because they didn't have the 'common sense' to ignore it.

The answer is the Fire brigade is so hide bound by health & safety the chiefs are no longer allowed to apply common sense *-) ..........

As soon as it was obvious the safe cell block concept was breached, when the fire was spreading into neighboring flats :-| .........

The person in charge should have had the wits to order a evacuation :-( ..........

Grenfell will go down in history as a perfect example of Health & Safety triumphing over human life 8-) .........

John52 - 2019-11-05 3:22 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-05 3:18 PM

So who are you going to blame for putting the same cladding on LABOUR COUNCIL owned tower blocks? *-) ........

Why are you changing the subject from Grenfell *-)

He's not changing the subject. He is telling you that this cladding has been fitted to blocks of Flats all over the UK. You are blaming a Tory Council, this tragedy could have happened in any other Town or City. Would you have made the same comments if it had happened in a Labour Borough?

The same advice 'stay in the building' was given to the occupants of the Twin Towers on 9/11. It seems to be standard advice ... advice that I would ignore (as long as there was an escape route) ... and my Son is a Firefighter.

747 - 2019-11-05 4:44 PM

So who are you going to blame for putting the same cladding on LABOUR COUNCIL owned tower blocks? *-) ........

He's not changing the subject. He is telling you that this cladding has been fitted to blocks of Flats all over the UK. You are blaming a Tory Council, this tragedy could have happened in any other Town or City. Would you have made the same comments if it had happened in a Labour Borough?

The same advice 'stay in the building' was given to the occupants of the Twin Towers on 9/11. It seems to be standard advice ... advice that I would ignore (as long as there was an escape route) ... and my Son is a Firefighter.

Not long after Grenfell there was a fire in block of flats not so far from where I live, it had no cladding and was contained in one flat, in this case staying put was the right thing to do, although I think like you my first thought would be to get out the problems come from too many people all trying to get out and the subsequent panic,

Haven't read the full text of inquiry, but it seems the same problem as in Paradise California, where there was little communication between those on the ground and the call centre.

Just watched a programme on the 10 things which together sunk the Titanic. Hitting the iceberg was only one thing. No one thing on its own would have sunk the ship.

Similarly the cladding was only one thing at Grenfell. The cladding alone would not have caused this tragedy. There were many other failings - of which they were repeatedly warned of by residents and ignored. So pointing to another place that uses similar cladding on a different building is no excuse.

I'm not trying to defend Labour or any other council. This was the Royal Tory Borough and how good or bad the other boroughs may be is no excuse for them. Its just an irrelevant diversion, and an attempt to evade responsibility. If you are drunk and cause a fatal accident you can't get out of it by saying there are others who drink and drive. And the Government won't send you the money to pay all your bills and compensation claims like Theresa May did for the Royal Tory Borough >:-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-05 6:36 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-05 4:25 P

The person in charge should have had the wits to order a evacuation :-( ..........

And who appointed the person in charge in the Royal Tory Borough

Isn't that like asking who made the Bullet? ;-) ........

Best you ask your fellow lefty Dumb Dumb bum chum >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-11-05 6:52 PM

John52 - 2019-11-05 6:36 PM

who appointed the person in charge in the Royal Tory Borough

Isn't that like asking who made the Bullet? ;-) ........

Oh Dear *-)

II can see its too difficult for you to work it out so I'll try and make it clearer.

The Royal Tory Borough appointed the person in charge who told people to stay in their flats.

So who is responsible for telling people to stay in their flats *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-05 6:46 PM

Just watched a programme on the 10 things which together sunk the Titanic. Hitting the iceberg was only one thing. No one thing on its own would have sunk the ship.

Similarly the cladding was only one thing at Grenfell. The cladding alone would not have caused this tragedy. There were many other failings - of which they were repeatedly warned of by residents and ignored. So pointing to another place that uses similar cladding on a different building is no excuse.

I'm not trying to defend Labour or any other council. This was the Royal Tory Borough and how good or bad the other boroughs may be is no excuse for them. Its just an irrelevant diversion, and an attempt to evade responsibility. If you are drunk and cause a fatal accident you can't get out of it by saying there are others who drink and drive.

Give over John/James/Peter/Whatsever your name is *-) ........

You have tried your best to blame the Tories the Queen and anyone else than accept it was a ginormous cock up instigated by a dodgy fridge freezer :-| .........

Frankly I find folk like you are quite despicable when you use incidents like Grenfell to promote your Communist doctrine >:-( ...........

Enough said............

John52 - 2019-11-05 9:20 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-05 7:00 AM

John52 - 2019-11-05 6:41 AM

Geeco - 2019-11-02 9:32 PM

the owners will be interested in the results of your inquiry.

Really?

Theresa May gave her verdict when she sent £250 million from poorer boroughs to Britain's richest borough so it didn't have to pay for its own mistakes. >:-)

So I'm expecting another hideously expensive whitewash.

Did you just say "whitewash" ... You did didn't ya "whitewash" about a fire where mainly dark skinned folk died ... "whitewash" !!!!! ... Thats very racist and very , very hypocritical sweet heart , but then again hypocrisy aint new for you ... Regards

*-) The obvious flaw in your argument is that it is not me producing the 'whitewash' :D

The obvious flaw in your argument is you wont be able to produce the slightest bit of evidence to back up your awfully racist whitewash claim will ya princess ???

John52 - 2019-11-05 3:27 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-05 10:10 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-05 9:33 AM

Geeco - 2019-11-02 9:32 PM

According to what I read in the local press we have many (read 100's) of similarly clad buildings here. No doubt the owners will be interested in the results of your inquiry. cheers,

Have they blamed the Tories yet? :-S ..........

Speaking of blame

So according to Rees Mogg it was the victims fault for not having the 'common sense' to ignore the instructions they were given by his Royal Tory Borough https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/05/jacob-rees-mogg-claims-grenfell-victims-lacked-common-sense

Haha ... What a loop ... Now the "Royal Tory Borough" were giving out the instructions that night ... Stick to sumat ya know about like poo bags sweet cheeks

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-11-05 7:33 PM

I give up with John/Peter/Dumbo whatever. I have not had the training needed to be able to get through to special needs people. *-)

I admit he does take years of experience to handle ;-) ..........

Fortunately I've had years of practice with his various personas :-| .......

But he's easy to spot.........His white van camper will be easily recognized with the copious amounts of Plumber mate oozing from the seals..........along with occupants penchant for crapping in bin bags 8-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-11-05 7:46 PM

I give up with John/Peter/Dumbo whatever. I have not had the training needed to be able to get through to special needs people. *-)

But he's easy to spot.........His white van camper will be easily recognized with the copious amounts of Plumber mate oozing from the seals..........along with occupants penchant for crapping in bin bags 8-) .......

Ive seen the homeless at times looking through bins for scraps ... Suppose John/Peter/james believes hes doing his duty and sharing it with the more desperate amongst us ... Nice

thebishbus - 2019-11-05 10:54 PM

John 52.You did not answer my question about staying in the building.I will ask you again. If you were in that building,would you have taken the advice of the FIRE BRIGADE and stayed in the building, or used your common sense and left.?

Brian B.

Used his "common sense" ... C'mon

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-11-06 6:06 AM

John 52.You did not answer my question about staying in the building.I will ask you again. If you were in that building,would you have taken the advice of the FIRE BRIGADE and stayed in the building, or used your common sense and left.?

Brian B.

Used his "common sense" ... C'mon

Lefties have that removed at birth :D ...........

Birdbrain - 2019-11-05 7:50 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-05 7:46 PM

Ive seen the homeless at times looking through bins for scraps ... Suppose John/Peter/james believes hes doing his duty and sharing it with the more desperate amongst us ... Nice

What were they expecting to find in dog waste bins *-)

Brian B.

At the risk of stating the obvious it depends on the circumstances and what I knew at the time - without the benefit of hindsight we have now.

Now I've answered your question will you answer mine.

Many of the victims were foreigners. How were they to know when they must do the opposite of what they were told to do by the person in charge appointed by the buildings designers/builders/owners/managers - the Royal Tory Borough?

Brian B.

Why the Fire Brigade gave that advice https://www.cibsejournal.com/general/time-for-change-grenfell-tower-evidence/

The Tories say the victims of Grenfell didn’t have common sense.

I’ll tell you what’s common sense:

Don’t put flammable cladding on people’s homes.

Don’t close fire stations and don't cut fire fighters.

And don’t ignore residents when they tell you their home is a death trap.

Archived