Grenfell

Birdbrain

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-09 9:52 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 8:20 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-09 8:15 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-09 6:35 PM

You'll "safely bet" ... Your girlfriend Bulletgay told the world he could "safely say" why German building regs were better than the UKs only a couple of weeks ago

No i didn't, i said property build standards not 'regs'. Big difference. I know you've been desperately trolling and baiting with your ridiculous nonsense which i ignored as it was patently clear in that thread you hadn't actually been inside any properties there, which i suggested you should, and then you would see for yourself.

Grow up.

WTF would you know about proper building standards? ;-) ....

Pelmet.........are you drunk again as your reading ability has clouded up considerably? Lay off the booze for once. Are you alcoholic?

Dont dodge the question Dumb Dumb >:-) ...........

Have you ever built anything? ;-) ........

Have you ever had to deal with building inspectors? :D .......

Have you ever had to deal with the "Listed Building" inspectors? 8-) .......

Nah.......You just fire blanks dontcha Bullet (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-11-09 9:55 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 9:39 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 6:34 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 6:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 6:17 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 6:12 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 5:54 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 5:46 PM

Eric Pickles cut the regs as part of the reduction in red tape mantra "The review aimed to cut red tape for house builders, and simplify government regulations and standards into one key set, driven by Building Regulations."

https://www.bregroup.com/press-releases/eric-pickles-announces-conclusion-to-housing-standards-review/

So it was Eric Pickles fault the same cladding was applied on Labour coucil flats and across the world as far as Australia? :-| .........

Damn Paddy you are becoming as desperate as Dumb Dumb and John/Peter/James or what ever his current name is to blame the Tories (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Don't know about Australia but certainly in the UK, yes it was Pickles and co that watered down building regs

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/insight/insight/whos-been-signing-off-grenfell-style-cladding-60498

It was actually Pickles predecessor that privatised Building Control which removed the checks and balances- again all the interest of the "free market ".

Get over yourself Paddy *-) ..........

The cladding companies are multi nationals ;-) .......

Fancy a bet on whether your EU chums are currently working out how many 10's of 1000's of flats have the same cladding in the EU? :D ........

I'll safely bet that you know feck all about cladding or building regs? Yes cladding is used worldwide but not this cladding on highrise buildings in other countries.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/06/16/why-is-cladding-banned-in-the-us-and-germany-used-on-buildings-in-the-uk-6712578/

I bet I know far more about so called Fire retardant materials than you ;-) ........

I used to burn fire retardant left over stuff :D ..........

Your old curtains aren't the same as ACM's.

How much time have you ever spent on building sites Paddy?.........and if knew feck all.....You'd know that the fire regulations for soft furnishings in the UK are some of the most stringent in the world ;-) .......

Well done for making yourself look a prized D*ckhead AGAIN >:-) ..........

You are a natural (lol) (lol) (lol)

And the fire regs for ACM's? Where do they sit in the world order?

PS how much time have you spent in court as an expert witness on Building Regs?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 10:26 PM

Eric Pickles cut the regs as part of the reduction in red tape mantra "The review aimed to cut red tape for house builders, and simplify government regulations and standards into one key set, driven by Building Regulations."

https://www.bregroup.com/press-releases/eric-pickles-announces-conclusion-to-housing-standards-review/

So it was Eric Pickles fault the same cladding was applied on Labour coucil flats and across the world as far as Australia? :-| .........

Damn Paddy you are becoming as desperate as Dumb Dumb and John/Peter/James or what ever his current name is to blame the Tories (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Don't know about Australia but certainly in the UK, yes it was Pickles and co that watered down building regs

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/insight/insight/whos-been-signing-off-grenfell-style-cladding-60498

It was actually Pickles predecessor that privatised Building Control which removed the checks and balances- again all the interest of the "free market ".

Fancy a bet on whether your EU chums are currently working out how many 10's of 1000's of flats have the same cladding in the EU? :D ........

I'll safely bet that you know feck all about cladding or building regs? Yes cladding is used worldwide but not this cladding on highrise buildings in other countries.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/06/16/why-is-cladding-banned-in-the-us-and-germany-used-on-buildings-in-the-uk-6712578/

I bet I know far more about so called Fire retardant materials than you ;-) ........

How much time have you ever spent on building sites Paddy?.........and if knew feck all.....You'd know that the fire regulations for soft furnishings in the UK are some of the most stringent in the world ;-) .......

Prolly the same amount of time as you >:-) .........

But at least I have decades of experience of working on building sites and Fire regulations in my industry ;-) .........

WTF do you know about?........apart from sponging off the UK taxpayer *-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 10:29 PM

But at least I have decades of experience of working on building sites and Fire regulations in my industry ;-) .........

WTF do you know about?........apart from sponging off the UK taxpayer *-) .......

Since when did make soft furnishings equate to working on building sites?

And what industry do you think I was in whilst sponging off the UK taxpayer?

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 9:59 PM

You'll "safely bet" ... Your girlfriend Bulletgay told the world he could "safely say" why German building regs were better than the UKs only a couple of weeks ago

No i didn't, i said property build standards not 'regs'. Big difference. I know you've been desperately trolling and baiting with your ridiculous nonsense which i ignored as it was patently clear in that thread you hadn't actually been inside any properties there, which i suggested you should, and then you would see for yourself.

Grow up.

Pelmet.........are you drunk again as your reading ability has clouded up considerably? Lay off the booze for once. Are you alcoholic?

As if knocking back bottles of cheap Spanish plonk every day isn't bad enough, living in that 30 year old rickety tin shed seems to have affected what bit of grey matter you have left in your skull.

I'm not talking about building regulation standards and openly said in the other thread i don't know what they are in Germany and neither do you or your girlfriend so stop persisting in taking what i wrote entirely out of context by adding in your own words as you're both making yourselves look foolish.

You haven't spent much time in Germany, i think you said you'd been once.....where was that, a day trip to the Reeperbahn? Doesn't count. So you have very little to pass judgement on.

I use the term "standard" as in "quality".....eg you don't have to be a mechanic or car production worker to recognise a quality finished vehicle. Do you understand that? Good.

External structures of their properties are usually better finished, no cheap plastic guttering and downpipes but zinc coated metal. Internally they are fitted to a higher standard than what we are used to. No cheap mdf to be seen anywhere, all fittings are solid build.

I've told you before there is a British fm "Way2Go" who posts in MM who lives in Germany so rather than take my word.....ask them because they live there but you refused when i suggested because you said they'd be biased. What is it you are so afraid Pelmet as your Germanophobia paranoia is laughable?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 10:37 PM

I spent years doing shown houses.......Plus I've done a fair bit of renovation and building myself ;-) ..........

So I'm very familiar with modern buildings and renovating listed buildings along with dealing with those who must be obeyed :-| .........

As for "your" industry.......I doubt you've ever done anything else but sponge of people :D .........

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong? >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-09 10:41 PM

Grow up.

As if knocking back bottles of cheap Spanish plonk every day isn't bad enough, living in that 30 year old rickety tin shed seems to have affected what bit of grey matter you have left in your skull.

I'm not talking about building regulation standards and openly said in the other thread i don't know what they are in Germany and neither do you or your girlfriend so stop persisting in taking what i wrote entirely out of context by adding in your own words as you're both making yourselves look foolish.

You haven't spent much time in Germany, i think you said you'd been once.....where was that, a day trip to the Reeperbahn? Doesn't count. So you have very little to pass judgement on.

I use the term "standard" as in "quality".....eg you don't have to be a mechanic or car production worker to recognise a quality finished vehicle. Do you understand that? Good.

External structures of their properties are usually better finished, no cheap plastic guttering and downpipes but zinc coated metal. Internally they are fitted to a higher standard than what we are used to. No cheap mdf to be seen anywhere, all fittings are solid build.

I've told you before there is a British fm "Way2Go" who posts in MM who lives in Germany so rather than take my word.....ask them because they live there but you refused when i suggested because you said they'd be biased. What is it you are so afraid Pelmet as your Germanophobia paranoia is laughable?

So you've built feck all *-) ........

He's a fantasist which explains why Johnsons pathological lying attracts. Pelmet has gone through that many "jobs" i bet he can't remember them all himself!!

I used to work with a bloke like him who'd been everything from a professional wingwalker, to piloting Lancasters......despite the fact he'd been born after ww2! (lol)

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 10:45 PM

I spent years doing shown houses.......Plus I've done a fair bit of renovation and building myself ;-) ..........

So I'm very familiar with modern buildings and renovating listed buildings along with dealing with those who must be obeyed :-| .........

As for "your" industry.......I doubt you've ever done anything else but sponge of people :D .........

So a couple of trips to show houses and you've spent your life on building sites?

We can add building regs and ACM's, to GDP and other things you know feck all about.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-09 10:55 PM

He's a fantasist which explains why Johnsons pathological lying attracts. Pelmet has gone through that many "jobs" i bet he can't remember them all himself!!

I used to work with a bloke like him who'd been everything from a professional wingwalker, to piloting Lancasters......despite the fact he'd been born after ww2! (lol)

Oh dear Bullet :D ..............

Having to ask Paddy Fart for support is a sure sign your argument is lost >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 10:47 PM

Grow up.

Last time as i've had enough of your kindergarten behaviour and it's about time you grew up and became an adult.

From my post you've quoted but obviously not read;

I use the term "standard" as in "quality".....eg you don't have to be a mechanic or car production worker to recognise a quality finished vehicle.

Now......are we clear on that?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 10:58 PM

So a couple of trips to show houses and you've spent your life on building sites?

We can add building regs and ACM's, to GDP and other things you know feck all about.

Come on Paddy ;-) ........Let us know your experience of building sites? >:-) ......

BTW I did far more than a couple of show houses.......some even got featured in magazines B-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 10:59 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-09 10:55 PM

Oh dear Bullet :D ..............

Having to ask Paddy Fart for support is a sure sign your argument is lost >:-) .......

I don't need any support.....you've been doing a sterling job out of making yourself look a complete prat throughout the entire evening. Slurp...glug...hiccup. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-09 11:01 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-09 10:47 PM

Grow up.

Last time as i've had enough of your kindergarten behaviour and it's about time you grew up and became an adult.

From my post you've quoted but obviously not read;

I use the term "standard" as in "quality".....eg you don't have to be a mechanic or car production worker to recognise a quality finished vehicle.

Now......are we clear on that?

The only thing I'm clear on is that you and Paddy Fart are Gobsh*tes who know feck all but how to preach pretentious sh*te *-) ..........

I'm off to bed now ;-) .........

I'll leave you two T*ssers to your mutual lefty masturbation session.........Night night and hold tight (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

I spent years doing shown houses.......

Shown houses? You were an Estate agent? Ah well that's another to add to that looooong list. *-)

Plus I've done a fair bit of renovation and building myself ;-) .........

There are bricklayers, a skilled job.....then there are folk who think they can lay bricks. You certainly aren't in the first category. (lol)

How can anyone who has worked on Building Sites know anything about the regulations for external plastic cladding?

If Pastfart worked on them he was probably laying drains. You don't see much when you are in a trench all day. :D

Fast Pat - 2019-11-09 9:42 PM

You'll "safely bet" ... Your girlfriend Bulletgay told the world he could "safely say" why German building regs were better than the UKs only a couple of weeks ago ... Trouble is when taken up on it he went all shy and refused to answer ... I think its safe to say you and your girlfriend aint got much of a clue over anything ... Regards

And you fecking hod carriers know feck all about ACM's. So either address the question raised in my link or wind your neck in.

Whats a "hod carrier" ... No actually whats a "fecking hod carrier" ??? ... That "fecking" and "feck" you use look incredibly like words you'd like to use but you just daren't , am I right ??? ... "wind your neck in" looks like some kind of keyboard warrior threat , am I right ??? ... Knowing "feck all" as you put it has never stopped you from posting on various subjects sweet cheeks has it ... Regards princess

747 - 2019-11-09 11:19 PM

How can anyone who has worked on Building Sites know anything about the regulations for external plastic cladding?

If Pastfart worked on them he was probably laying drains. You don't see much when you are in a trench all day. :D

Suggest you read my contributions to the thread, I never said I "worked" on building sites, it is Pelmet who made that link.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-10 7:37 AM

747 - 2019-11-09 11:19 PM

Suggest you read my contributions to the thread, I never said I "worked" on building sites, it is Pelmet who made that link.

So you finally admit you know nothing about building or building regs :D ...........

Perhaps you should stick to what you do know ;-) ........

How to sponge off other people >:-) ............

Birdbrain - 2019-11-10 7:02 AM

You'll "safely bet" ... Your girlfriend Bulletgay told the world he could "safely say" why German building regs were better than the UKs only a couple of weeks ago ... Trouble is when taken up on it he went all shy and refused to answer ... I think its safe to say you and your girlfriend aint got much of a clue over anything ... Regards

And you fecking hod carriers know feck all about ACM's. So either address the question raised in my link or wind your neck in.

Whats a "hod carrier" ... No actually whats a "fecking hod carrier" ??? ... That "fecking" and "feck" you use look incredibly like words you'd like to use but you just daren't , am I right ??? ... "wind your neck in" looks like some kind of keyboard warrior threat , am I right ??? ... Knowing "feck all" as you put it has never stopped you from posting on various subjects sweet cheeks has it ... Regards princess

*-) see what the software on this website does to it when you type in the four letter f word with a letter u it changes it to = feck

So you owe Fast Pat an apology

John52 - 2019-11-10 1:35 PM

*-) see what the software on this website does to it when you type in the four letter f word with a letter u it changes it to = feck

To be fair to FlatPants I don't think he needs a fella who puts his poo in public bins to stick up for him

Birdbrain - 2019-11-10 3:52 PM

To be fair to FlatPants I don't think he needs a fella who puts his poo in public bins to stick up for him

Dog Waste bins actually.

No he doesn't need me to stick up for him and I doubt if he cares about your opinion.

But all thats just your diversion from the obvious fact you were wrong and therefore owe him an apology.

John52 - 2019-11-10 4:31 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-10 3:52 PM

Dog Waste bins actually.

No he doesn't need me to stick up for him and I doubt if he cares about your opinion.

But all thats just your diversion from the obvious fact you were wrong and therefore owe him an apology.

Dog waste bins when you find them , all other times straight in the bin ... Nice ... How exactly do you know PratFarts types the letter U and not the letter E ??? Does that work for the other sweary type words he misspells n'all sweet cheeks ???

What an excellent report. Well found. Nail on head!

Interesting that in his investigation he obtained comment from Kingspan, following which he states that "Celotex declined to comment". That may be because Celotex has already published, in its Rainscreen Compliance Guide of 2015, the following: (my italics)

"The system tested was as follows:

? 12mm Fibre Cement Panels

? Supporting aluminium brackets and vertical rails

? 100mm Celotex RS5000

? 12mm Non-combustible sheathing board

? 100mm SFS System

? 2 x 12.5mm plasterboard

Fire stopping was provided by ventilated horizontal fire breaks positioned at each floor slab edge and above the hearth opening. Vertical non-ventilated fire breaks were provided at the edges of both the main face and the return wing and around the hearth opening.

The fire performance and classification report issued only relates to the components detailed and constructed in figure 4. Any changes to the components listed and construction method set out in figure 4 will need to be considered by the building designer."

In short - this is one way in which to comply, based on a specific test. If you change anything, you should have the design re-assessed and/or re-tested.

They'll wriggle, but it looks increasingly as though the responsibility will lie with government for not acting when the dangers inherent in the use of ACM cladding panels were pointed out to them in 2014.

Notwithstanding, it still beggars belief that combustible materials were taken as complying when the over-riding regulation is so clear that they should not be.

I assume it must be accepted that, as public and private approval bodies all seem to have accepted the same dubious interpretation of Class O as being compliant, that the true fault lies in the Approved Documents, and the government decision not to issue at least a clarification.

It is pointless speculating, but had that Blair government decision to exclude Fire Officers from the approval process not been made, I personally doubt that ACM cladding would have been permitted.

The law of unintended consequences? Political dogma trumping caution? That notion that regulations are just red tape designed to interfere with the efficient working of a free market - until people die as a consequence of their absence or ambiguity. Then the tune changes, and a public enquiry must be held to provide "breathing space", and to formally prove what was already known - had the individuals concerned been prepared to "fess up". There will be no satisfactory outcome from this. No one culprit will be identified. As I surmised further back, the most likely outcome seems to me to be cock-up, not conspiracy.

Archived