John52 - 2019-11-21 10:12 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-21 7:37 AM

jumpstart - 2019-11-20 7:31 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-19 9:31 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-19 9:22 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-19 7:29 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-19 7:26 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-19 6:40 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-19 6:04 PM...………………….

1 Israel has signed the Geneva Convention, not that it has helped the countless civilians or children who have been killed. Dropping a 500lb bomb on a house to kill a one Hezbollah terrorist that actually kills 5 children and injures 10 other civilians living next to it doesn’t seam to cause much concern elsewhere in the world.

2 I understand that people get mistakenly killed in battle,at least where our forces have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan it is very difficult to tell the difference between combatants and ordinary civilians when everyone is dressed as civilians. Mistakes happen in combat.

1 That is a problem for Israel. At least if we stay clean we can criticise them with heads high.

2 Agreed, which is why we have to try.

But it is up to us to highlight abuses by countries like Israel,it shouldn’t be ignored. Our government makes no comment on it.

Kindly keep your antisemitism off this thread :-| .......

We are already dealing with other Lefty Traitors *-) .......

Criticism of Israel is not anti Semitic. I think you need to look it up , though that maybe asking too much.

Seems pretty bleeding obvious to me *-) .......

anti-Semitic

/?ant?s?'m?t?k/

adjective

hostile to or prejudiced against Jews.

Well that makes you pretty bleeding obviously wrong then, if you think criticism of Israel is Antisemitism then that’s what has just been done in the UN. by Canada. Think you need to do some homework....must try harder.

So you'd still criticize Israel if it wasn't the Jewish homeland? :-| ..........

I cant recall you saying much about the Turks treatment of the Kurds?..........or the ISIS/ISIL persecution of Christians? :-S ........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_by_ISIL

Seems to me your moral outrage has a Islamic bias *-) ............

By your logic your criticism of Jeremy Corbyn makes you anti-British :-S

There's nothing British about Corbyn *-) .........

He actually hates the British *-) .........

Which is why he treats Labours traditional voters with contempt >:-) .........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-11-19 9:31 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-19 9:22 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-19 7:29 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-19 7:26 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-19 6:40 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-19 6:04 PM...………………….

1 Israel has signed the Geneva Convention, not that it has helped the countless civilians or children who have been killed. Dropping a 500lb bomb on a house to kill a one Hezbollah terrorist that actually kills 5 children and injures 10 other civilians living next to it doesn’t seam to cause much concern elsewhere in the world.

2 I understand that people get mistakenly killed in battle,at least where our forces have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan it is very difficult to tell the difference between combatants and ordinary civilians when everyone is dressed as civilians. Mistakes happen in combat.

1 That is a problem for Israel. At least if we stay clean we can criticise them with heads high.

2 Agreed, which is why we have to try.

But it is up to us to highlight abuses by countries like Israel,it shouldn’t be ignored. Our government makes no comment on it.

Kindly keep your antisemitism off this thread :-| .......

We are already dealing with other Lefty Traitors *-) .......

Criticism of Israel is not anti Semitic. I think you need to look it up , though that maybe asking too much.

Seems pretty bleeding obvious to me *-) .......

anti-Semitic

/?ant?s?'m?t?k/

adjective

hostile to or prejudiced against Jews.

Funny how the obvious in no guide to the truth, isn't it? :-D

From Wiki, on the population of Israel:

"The demographics of Israel are monitored by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. The State of Israel has a population of approximately 9,092,900 inhabitants as of September 2019. Some 74.24% are Jews of all backgrounds (about 6,697,000 individuals), 20.95% are Arab of any religion other than Jewish (about 1,890,000 individuals), while the remaining 4.81% (about 434,000 individuals) are defined as "others", including persons of Jewish ancestry deemed non-Jewish by religious law and persons of non-Jewish ancestry who are family members of Jewish immigrants (neither of which are registered at the Ministry of Interior as Jews), Christian non-Arabs, Muslim non-Arabs and all other residents who have neither an ethnic nor religious classification.

Criticism of the actions of the state of Israel could only be argued to be anti-Semitic if its population was exclusively Jewish which, as shown above, it is not. But even then, such criticism could only be properly described as anti-Semitic if it ignored the state's right to self-defence, instead citing the ethnic/religious nature of its population as the reason for it's action.

It is exactly the same argument that you and Tweetie can't understand about your incessant picking on "Muslims" being discriminatory. You both bundle everyone of that faith together, and blame them all for the actions of those Muslims who use a distorted version of their faith to justify acts of terrorism. It unfairly discriminates against all Muslims on the basis of their faith, not on the basis of what they as individuals do or say, or have done or said.

You can't choose who it is reasonable to criticise on the grounds of race, colour, or creed. What applies to one group must be applied equally to all. If it is not, it is discriminatory. It is that simple.

Not according to Wiki, which says on the subject of antisemitism "The root word Semite gives the false impression that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic people, e.g., including Arabs and Assyrians.

The compound word Antisemitismus ("antisemitism") was first used in print in Germany in 1879 as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"), and this has been its common use since then."

That seems reasonably convincing to me - though perhaps a bit of a fine point - but were all Arabic (Semitic) peoples accepted as included, the term should not have acquired the particular sensitivity it holds for Jewish people. But even so, including all Semites would merely broaden the breadth of the discrimination, not remove it.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-11-22 6:11 PM

747 - 2019-11-22 12:36 PM

Sorry Brian but you are wrong.

https://classroom.synonym.com/who-are-the-semitic-people-12083709.html

Ironically, Jeremy Corbyn is both pro-semitic and anti-semitic at the same time. ;-)

Presumably that means he’s normal.....well sort of normal.

No it means he's a LIAR >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-11-23 9:38 AM

That’s fairly normal for a politician.

It's also de rigueur for the Loser Brigade in my experience ;-) ..........

Archived