Everything free.

jumpstart

jumpstart - 2019-11-17 1:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-17 1:17 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-17 6:52 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-16 11:43 PM

jumpstart - 2019-11-16 9:19 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-11-16 8:47 PM

Why is everyone so upset about Labour proposing to give us all stuff for free? The Tories have knackered the economy and are spaffing money on Brexit like its gone out of fashion but Comrade Jezza is gonna hook us all up to free fibre broadband and fix our teeth for feck all. Whats not to like?

Maybe we are a country of masochists and would rather we just allowed the Tories to give all the money to their rich palls while everyone who voted for them just gets poorer and more miserable.

If the next thing is free booze and cheese that will do it for me. Come on Jezza!! Aldi Scotch vouchers for all!

Who the hell do you think is actually paying for it? Ok so Labour won’t have a majority but it’s all nuts.

Who do you think paid for the £53million for the garden bridge, the £103 million to the ferry company with no ferries, the £100million on adverts to say we were leaving on the 31st October, the £1000 million to the DUP, The £6.3 billion spent on Brexit so far?

And all that time "there is no magic money tree".

We are a rich country, why have we got people living on the street, hospitals with people sleeping in corridors, the lowest state pension and the highest retirement age......etc etc

Perhaps our priorities are all wrong?

They can start by halving the Foreign aid budget.

It's coupled to a countries GNI J/start so to do that we'd need to stop making stuff.

https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/

We only need to change the law. It’s up to us.

Well if you want to change it don't vote Tory......as they passed legislation on meeting the 0.7% target in 2015.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39658907

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2019-11-17 1:20 PM

malc d - 2019-11-17 10:45 AM

- where is all this money ?

;-)

Duke of Westminster inheriting £10billion etc

Its in the hands of a very small minority who are quietly backing the Tories to keep it that way, and running a smear campaign against Jeremy Corbyn - which the Mad Hatter soaks up like a sponge .

Ah, the politics of envy. Jeremy will promote you to Commisar when he reads your post.

BTW, how is your foreign tax free wealth doing at the moment you two faced hypocrite. 8-)

Jumpstart: "They can start by halving the Foreign aid budget".

PLEASE! Lets knock this old chestnut on the head! Check your annual income tax statement. It will show that Overseas aid is in the region of 1.2% of total expenditure, so reducing or scrapping it will make no tangible difference to us and lot to those who receive it.

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-11-17 3:22 PM

John52 - 2019-11-17 1:20 PM

malc d - 2019-11-17 10:45 AM

- where is all this money ?

;-)

Duke of Westminster inheriting £10billion etc

Its in the hands of a very small minority who are quietly backing the Tories to keep it that way, and running a smear campaign against Jeremy Corbyn - which the Mad Hatter soaks up like a sponge .

Ah, the politics of envy. Jeremy will promote you to Commisar when he reads your post.

BTW, how is your foreign tax free wealth doing at the moment you two faced hypocrite. 8-)

John52/Peter/James etc etc who has been a member of this forum for as long as I have under different names ;-) .........

He has a Plumbers mate & Crapping in bin bags fetish based on my experience of the times between when he was banned :D .......

P1010899.JPG.37b058e6084b09fc14e6ce5a147f1dc7.JPG

I wasn't banned. Due to a misunderstanding that got out of hand I was suspended until things cooled down. I could have returned under the same name, but then the Trolls on here would have raked it all up again. So I chose to come back under a different name. Which seems to have upset the Trolls - even though they are not using any of their own names either, because they missed that chance to stir up trouble :D

Well according to this calculator (if i was still working - retired in Sept) I would pay another £500 a year under a Corbyn government, leaving me with a take home pay of just under £60,000 - I think i could happily forego that £10 a week to see public services properly funded, people not sleeping in the streets, A&E departments not looking like war zones. etcetc

http://calculate.forlabour.com/

Fast Pat - 2019-11-18 12:30 PM

Well according to this calculator (if i was still working - retired in Sept) I would pay another £500 a year under a Corbyn government, leaving me with a take home pay of just under £60,000 - I think i could happily forego that £10 a week to see public services properly funded, people not sleeping in the streets, A&E departments not looking like war zones. etcetc

http://calculate.forlabour.com/

yes, Its not until you earn gross over £80000 a year do you see even a tiny bit of difference.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-17 2:13 PM...…………………….For once I dont totally agree Brian. I think if we are to stand any chance of stopping the Tories people have to vote tactically. Basically vote for the none Tory party that stands the best chance of beating the Tories. I would prefer to see the LibDems in power but that isn't going to happen and where I am only 2% of people voted for them in 2017 and the Labour MP (Who I know well and is very good) won only by a few hundred seats with the Tories a very close second. I have to back Labour, I simply have no other choice.

………………………………..

Ego te absolvo. :-D I agree, you're right. Vote for whoever has the greatest chance of unseating a Tory. It just happens to be a Lib Dem here!

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-18 4:42 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-11-17 2:13 PM...…………………….For once I dont totally agree Brian. I think if we are to stand any chance of stopping the Tories people have to vote tactically. Basically vote for the none Tory party that stands the best chance of beating the Tories. I would prefer to see the LibDems in power but that isn't going to happen and where I am only 2% of people voted for them in 2017 and the Labour MP (Who I know well and is very good) won only by a few hundred seats with the Tories a very close second. I have to back Labour, I simply have no other choice.

………………………………..

Ego te absolvo. :-D I agree, you're right. Vote for whoever has the greatest chance of unseating a Tory. It just happens to be a Lib Dem here!

Good to know. There are people out in the north east campaigning door to door one day with a Labour MP then somewhere else the next with a LibDem.

Ive suggested explaining to Brexiteers that as this is a "special" Brexit election they can vote for two candidates so should vote both Tory and Brexit Party on their ballot papers. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-11-18 5:11 PM

………………………………..

Good to know. There are people out in the north east campaigning door to door one day with a Labour MP then somewhere else the next with a LibDem.

I've suggested explaining to Brexiteers that as this is a "special" Brexit election they can vote for two candidates so should vote both Tory and Brexit Party on their ballot papers. (lol)

Least worst outcome will be Tories with the most seats, very few Brexit party seats, and both well outnumbered by the remain supporting parties (preferably with the Lib Dems second largest overall). Perfick! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-18 5:51 PM

………………………………..

I've suggested explaining to Brexiteers that as this is a "special" Brexit election they can vote for two candidates so should vote both Tory and Brexit Party on their ballot papers. (lol)

Least worst outcome will be Tories with the most seats, very few Brexit party seats, and both well outnumbered by the remain supporting parties (preferably with the Lib Dems second largest overall). Perfick! :-D

Youve settled for losing then ... Once again ... Lordy My

Birdbrain - 2019-11-18 5:25 PM

Christ knows what you sour faced losers are guna be like come December 13th ... How depressing and depressed you lot must be ... Lordy my

Not at all!! Its great fun. Sooner or later Doris is going to fcuk it all up I bet. I am surprised Cummings hasn't locked him away in the Tower of London just to be on the safe side. Its exciting!! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-11-18 6:32 PM

Christ knows what you sour faced losers are guna be like come December 13th ... How depressing and depressed you lot must be ... Lordy my

Not at all!! Its great fun. Sooner or later Doris is going to fcuk it all up I bet. I am surprised Cummings hasn't locked him away in the Tower of London just to be on the safe side. Its exciting!! (lol)

Youve been betting on your God and his Labour anti-Semites forming a Government before Brexit for a long time princess ... Now your praying our PM makes a mistake for that to happen ... Drip

Birdbrain - 2019-11-18 6:56 PM

Youve been betting on your God and his Labour anti-Semites forming a Government before Brexit for a long time princess ... Now your praying our PM makes a mistake for that to happen ... Drip

I just hope as I also hope most decent people do that serial liars and con men who only care about themselves get their comeuppance and people see them for what they really are. Maybe the British public will see through the charlatan in time, maybe they wont but it will happen. Someone like that will eventually come unstuck big time.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-18 11:08 PM

I just hope as I also hope most decent people do that serial liars and con men who only care about themselves get their comeuppance and people see them for what they really are. Maybe the British public will see through the charlatan in time, maybe they wont but it will happen. Someone like that will eventually come unstuck big time.

Erm .... which charlatan are you talking about?

There's a lot of them about. :D

Barryd999 - 2019-11-18 11:08 PM

Septic Peg strikes again

Birdbrain - 2019-11-18 6:14 PM

………………………………..

Losing? How?

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-19 11:02 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-18 6:14 PM

………………………………..

Losing? How?

"Vote for whoever has the greatest chance of unseating a Tory" ... Does that sound like a man who's voting for his party ??? No of course not so your winning isnt get your candidate elected just unseating a Tory ... Mind you losers have managed to redefine the meaning of losing over the last few years ... Boo-hoo

Birdbrain - 2019-11-19 2:13 PM

..........................Losing? How?

"Vote for whoever has the greatest chance of unseating a Tory" ... Does that sound like a man who's voting for his party ??? No of course not so your winning isnt get your candidate elected just unseating a Tory ... Mind you losers have managed to redefine the meaning of losing over the last few years ... Boo-hoo

Extraordinary! How tribal. Why on earth would anyone maintain blind loyalty to a political party? What a waste of a vote.

I'll vote for whoever looks most likely to deliver the results I'd like to see. I want MPs who think for themselves, not party apparatchiks, and parties willing to put the national interest above their own dogma. If I can't choose between the parties (no problem at present! :-D), I'll vote for whoever looks the best candidate with some chance of getting elected.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-19 6:32 PM

Extraordinary! How tribal. Why on earth would anyone maintain blind loyalty to a political party? What a waste of a vote.

I'll vote for whoever looks most likely to deliver the results I'd like to see. I want MPs who think for themselves, not party apparatchiks, and parties willing to put the national interest above their own dogma. If I can't choose between the parties (no problem at present! :-D), I'll vote for whoever looks the best candidate with some chance of getting elected.

Welcome to my world Johnny come Lately Brian ;-) .........

Although I suspect I entered that world a few decades before you :D .........

But the only result you'd like to see according to you is unseating a Tory ??? ... If thats not ruddy tribal Brian Christ knows what is ... Regards

Birdbrain - 2019-11-19 7:33 PM

But the only result you'd like to see according to you is unseating a Tory ??? ... If thats not ruddy tribal Brian Christ knows what is ... Regards

It's a means to an end, Tweetie. The Tories are pursuing an end I don't want, I therefore don't want them in government. So voting for whichever non-Tory stands the best chance of gaining the seat is the best way to deny them a working majority or, ideally, reducing the number of their seats to the point at which they cannot govern with any combination of confidence and supply acolytes. Not sure that qualifies as tribal, in fact, I'd have thought the exact opposite. It is not against Tories per se, just the present incarnation of the Tory party. You never know, they may one day return to sanity! :-D

Archived