BoJo not told of Trump's Attack

John52

jumpstart - 2020-01-04 9:04 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-04 7:52 PM

John52 - 2020-01-04 7:49 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-04 7:08 PM

Chatterbox Goes To Hollywood

This thread is about Trump attacking Iran without telling BoJo.

Despite our troops nearby, so called 'special relationship' 'closest ally' etc *-)

Whats that got to do with Hollywood?

That has nothing to do with Hollywood ... 4 or 5 bitter US haters who know nothing while making out they know everything does

f

How laughable...from the guy who thinks twitter is news. Also wrong it’s not hating the US, merely questioning the actions of its idiot chief.

You lost all credibility t'other day fella ... Struggling to take you seriously

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2020-01-04 10:22 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-01-04 7:14 PM

I suspect that the US holds most, if not all, the trump cards in this stand-off. If I were to choose between the lesser of two evils, the USA would get my vote every time.

Neither hold any cards really which is why hopefully even Donald Trump wont be daft enough to invade Iran. Its been proved time and time again you cannot win a war in any of these countries. The only way you could would be to invade and permanently occupy and I dont think thats remotely possible and would cost probably millions of lives. America might have a lot of military might but as has been proven time and time again its pretty useless in these situations long term at least and it just makes the situation worse as we have seen time and time again.

"You cannot win a war in any of these countries" next sentence "The only way you could" ??? Barry world ... Like everyone else on here who have no idea what they talking about regarding the situation in Iran I would imagine invading and occupying Iran is the last thing our POTUS intends to do , he can do all he wants quite easily without putting a single American military foot in Iran ... One wonders what the reaction would have been had an EU army done the same and killed Soleimani in a country that sponsors terrorism or had Obama added to the 20.000 bombs he dropped and carried out the attack , me thinks not quite so much amateur dramatics

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 6:58 AM

Despite our troops nearby, so called 'special relationship' 'closest ally' etc *-)

That has nothing to do with Hollywood ... 4 or 5 bitter US haters who know nothing while making out they know everything does

f

How laughable...from the guy who thinks twitter is news. Also wrong it’s not hating the US, merely questioning the actions of its idiot chief.

Poor old you....struggling is what you are best at.

Guest pelmetman

I suspect that the US holds most, if not all, the trump cards in this stand-off. If I were to choose between the lesser of two evils, the USA would get my vote every time.

Neither hold any cards really which is why hopefully even Donald Trump wont be daft enough to invade Iran. Its been proved time and time again you cannot win a war in any of these countries. The only way you could would be to invade and permanently occupy and I dont think thats remotely possible and would cost probably millions of lives. America might have a lot of military might but as has been proven time and time again its pretty useless in these situations long term at least and it just makes the situation worse as we have seen time and time again.

Iran has been getting away with murder for decades *-) ...........

They have also been playing fast and loose with the agreed nuclear deal with the West :-| ........

Hopefully they will retaliate ;-) ..........

Then Trump can bomb the hell out of their nuclear facilities B-) ......

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 7:52 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 6:58 AM

f

Poor old you....struggling is what you are best at.

Que ??? ... Chuckle

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 9:20 AM

Que ??? ... Chuckle

You and Funster John remind me guys who used to come into management meetings, having just looked up some obscure word from a dictionary they slipped into the conversation quite out of context as though everyone should be impressed *-)

Or they would use an expression from a foreign language, probably Latin like Funster John does. But there was invariably somebody present who was fluent in that language and would reply to them in it, leaving them flummoxed :D

John52 - 2020-01-05 9:46 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 9:20 AM

Que ??? ... Chuckle

You and Funster John remind me guys who used to come into management meetings, having just looked up some obscure word from a dictionary they slipped into the conversation quite out of context as though everyone should be impressed *-)

Or they would use an expression from a foreign language, probably Latin like Funster John does. But there was invariably somebody present who was fluent in that language and would reply to them in it, leaving them flummoxed :D

Ooo that’s going to wake up the Bobsy twins.

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 7:17 AM

"You cannot win a war in any of these countries" next sentence "The only way you could" ??? Barry world ... Like everyone else on here who have no idea what they talking about regarding the situation in Iran I would imagine invading and occupying Iran is the last thing our POTUS intends to do , he can do all he wants quite easily without putting a single American military foot in Iran ... One wonders what the reaction would have been had an EU army done the same and killed Soleimani in a country that sponsors terrorism or had Obama added to the 20.000 bombs he dropped and carried out the attack , me thinks not quite so much amateur dramatics

What I should have said then just to be clear is that you cannot win a war in any of these countries unless your prepared to carry out a full on invasion and permanently take over that country. Im no expert on warfare, probably none of us are but recent history has shown that nothing we have done militarily in the middle east has made any difference, its just made it all worse. Your probably right, Trump will be hoping for a reaction and maybe willing to sacrifice a few more American lives so he can then pointlessly bomb the sh1t out of the place from eight miles up in the air or from 200 miles off the coast, his supporters will all shriek "Hell Yeah!!!, Whoooooo, God Bless America" etc etc all over social media and think its all great and the world will be even less safe as a result.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-05 10:35 AM

What I should have said then just to be clear is that you cannot win a war in any of these countries unless your prepared to carry out a full on invasion and permanently take over that country. Im no expert on warfare, probably none of us are but recent history has shown that nothing we have done militarily in the middle east has made any difference, its just made it all worse. Your probably right, Trump will be hoping for a reaction and maybe willing to sacrifice a few more American lives so he can then pointlessly bomb the sh1t out of the place from eight miles up in the air or from 200 miles off the coast, his supporters will all shriek "Hell Yeah!!!, Whoooooo, God Bless America" etc etc all over social media and think its all great and the world will be even less safe as a result.

Why will "Trump be hoping for a reaction" ??? and I dont recall you ever once questioning Obama and the 20.000 bombs he let rip during his POTUS gig ???

jumpstart - 2020-01-04 9:26 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-01-04 8:06 PM

The Iranian regime is sick at its heart. It has supressed thousands of women and men on a wave of populism that began with the overthrow of the Shah. There is a lesson for us all in the UK. If you marginalise the poor and uneducated they will rise up, but not in a good way..

You would have thought they would have done that by now....maybe they don’t want to loose their benefits.

During the 'Arab Spring' a few years ago when Arab countries overthrew their regimes, the Iranians also rose up against the Ayatollahs. They were slaughtered in their thousands.

747 - 2020-01-05 12:40 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-04 9:26 PM

The Iranian regime is sick at its heart. It has supressed thousands of women and men on a wave of populism that began with the overthrow of the Shah. There is a lesson for us all in the UK. If you marginalise the poor and uneducated they will rise up, but not in a good way..

You would have thought they would have done that by now....maybe they don’t want to loose their benefits.

During the 'Arab Spring' a few years ago when Arab countries overthrew their regimes, the Iranians also rose up against the Ayatollahs. They were slaughtered in their thousands.

Think Violet was referring to the UK, we haven’t had our Arab spring yet unless it was the referendum of 2017.

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 12:23 PM

Why will "Trump be hoping for a reaction" ??? and I dont recall you ever once questioning Obama and the 20.000 bombs he let rip during his POTUS gig ???

Well some say it's a distraction. There is nothing like a good war to distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit and a divided country. I've never been a fan of the US foreign policy and their desire to be the world's policeman. It's just made everything worse but Obama wasn't completely mad and dangerous.

Goodness me, do I detect some hate towards our Luuvely ex presidents?

Barryd999 - 2020-01-05 1:55 PM

Well some say it's a distraction. There is nothing like a good war to distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit and a divided country. I've never been a fan of the US foreign policy and their desire to be the world's policeman. It's just made everything worse but Obama wasn't completely mad and dangerous.

Just shows how little you know about US politics Barry , bit like everything else you babble on about I suppose ... A war to "distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit" ... What a very sad and bitter cry baby youve become

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 2:58 PM

Que ???

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 3:00 PM

Que ???

Oooooo you’re getting the hang of it. Few more weeks and you’ll know what it means.

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 3:07 PM

Que ???

Oooooo you’re getting the hang of it. Few more weeks and you’ll know what it means.

A few weeks you say ... How come its taken you a lifetime even with a French daddy and youve still not twigged it ???

There is a lesson for us all in the UK. If you marginalise the poor and uneducated they will rise up, but not in a good way..

Apparently the English Establishment was expecting the French Revolution to spread to England, and mounted gun turrets on tall public buildings like the British Museum in preparation.

But the English Revolution never came.

And more recently, Jeremy Corbyn's 'For the Many, not the Few' never gained much traction.

So is it the English way that 'Many' aspire to join the 'Few', rather than change anything?

As an aside from the usual media stuff i came across this YT clip last night posted up in March last year. It's a fascinating watch well presented and filmed using pretty basic equipment....GoPro cams or smartphones are enough to give good results.

I wasn't certain of his accent so googled to find he's from New Zealand and turned his interest in travelling the world into a fulltime job (YT views pays a good income for successful vloggers).

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/themes/adventure/105106219/kiwi-vlogger-turns-youtube-success-into-overseas-adventure-mission

This British chap who left the forces to make documentaries on travel is also worth watching. He recently did one on "Russia to Iran - Crossing the Wild Frontier".

http://www.levisonwood.com/about

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 3:10 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 3:07 PM

Que ???

A few weeks you say ... How come its taken you a lifetime even with a French daddy and youve still not twigged it ???

Gosh calm down, you sure you’re allowed to make comments without your Bobsy twin?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-05 9:39 AM

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 8:06 AM

Then Trump can bomb the hell out of their nuclear facilities B-) ......

...and Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.. and all our other people in the area ..

The difference is ;-) ........

As Soleimani discovered 8-) ........

The Yanks can now kill them individually from afar >:-) ........

I suspect the Ayatollah will start using spray tan before he goes on tv from now on :D.......

Living underground plays hell with your complexion (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-01-05 3:37 PM

This British chap who left the forces to make documentaries on travel is also worth watching. He recently did one on "Russia to Iran - Crossing the Wild Frontier".

Some of us average folk have been there before ;-) ........

I went to the Soviet Union in the mid 70's :D ........and my FIL went to the Iranian border in the mid 80's B-) .....

Archived